Author Topic: Polymorph no longer Caster bound  (Read 1682 times)

Baium

• New to the Mists
Polymorph no longer Caster bound
« on: December 08, 2015, 07:02:08 PM »
Hello,

Since the update, the Polymorph-self spell is now called "Polymorph" and the target is single, and not just caster bound. However, when I try to use this on my familiar, if just fails and does nothing. Haven't tried this on another player yet.

Is this something that hasn't been properly implemented yet?

julienchab

Re: Polymorph no longer Caster bound
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 07:37:23 PM »
It also works on another player

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 08:14:59 PM »
No, polymorphing non-players is intentionally left out.

Baium

• New to the Mists
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 09:15:45 PM »
Could wizards be allowed to polymorph their familiars? I've been trying to build my wizard as a summoner based class, but I'm failing quite a bit as the familiar still takes hits like crazy.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 11:39:29 PM »
Could wizards be allowed to polymorph their familiars? I've been trying to build my wizard as a summoner based class, but I'm failing quite a bit as the familiar still takes hits like crazy.

Familiars aren't really a good idea in combat. :|
: )

Exordium

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 04:19:37 AM »
Just to briefly open this up; the design dogma in regards of class powers has been that reliance on others should be highly desirable in order to have a good chance against the challenges of your appropriate level.

A lot of balance changes have been done partially due to this motivation. For example, lowered summon durations, death system for familiars, unstacking of Acid Sheath + Death Armor + Elemental Shield and the decreasing of power of various buffs such as Polymorph Self, Divine Power and Divine Favor.

From my view, allowing familiars to be polymorphed would be in counter to this approach.

There is still an use for summons. Especially at lower levels, a well-placed Dire Wolf can be a big asset with a few simple buffs laid on it. At mid and high levels, a buffed-up summon is still at least a great distraction in tough spots. The meat and butter of toe-on-toe combat does lay on the PC warriors, though.

EDIT: Moved the topic from Bug section. :)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 04:21:33 AM by Exordium »