Author Topic: Goggles of Night Darkvision Not Working  (Read 2101 times)

Dud_Goose

• Undead Slayer
  • The Abominable
Goggles of Night Darkvision Not Working
« on: November 30, 2015, 11:13:00 PM »
I know they have been dysfunctional in the past, but for a while, the Goggles of Night have been functioning.  I noticed tonight that the Darkvision is not working again, however.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

-Charles Bukowski

Dud_Goose

• Undead Slayer
  • The Abominable
Re: Goggles of Night Darkvision Not Working
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 07:54:34 AM »
Helmet seems to be working again.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

-Charles Bukowski

Mellybelly

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 11:23:33 AM »
It's a bug with Darkvision, not so much the helm. And, just like most of the ECL subrace Darkvisions. . .sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's kind of random.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 11:38:14 AM »
It's a bug with Darkvision, not so much the helm. And, just like most of the ECL subrace Darkvisions. . .sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's kind of random.

It's a bug when Darkvision is granted via an item. In a recent update, I fixed it for the ECL subraces by giving the feat directly to the PC, however people with subraces will either need to wait for a level up or ask a DM to use the Fix Character tool on their PC to get it.

zodiacspear

• Undead Slayer
  • The Segata Sanshiro of Ravenloft
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 11:51:49 AM »
After using said helm for a bit, I've found this.  If your character has the helmet on (feat active) WHEN YOU LOG IN the dark vision will work.  If you do no have the helmet on when logging in as your character, the darkvision will not work even if you equip it.  It is also interesting to note that if the dark vision is active, and you remove the helmet, the dark vision will continue to work until you log with the character.

So, in order for the darkvision to work, the character has to have the feat (helm equipped) when they log in.
Zodiacspear (aka Timgood)
Current active character(s): Garbhan Ross (Forfarian Warrior), Erutáron Xillen (Sithican Rebel) Vulg Graynoor (Lost Aasimar)

Mellybelly

• New to the Mists
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 04:17:12 PM »

It's a bug when Darkvision is granted via an item. In a recent update, I fixed it for the ECL subraces by giving the feat directly to the PC, however people with subraces will either need to wait for a level up or ask a DM to use the Fix Character tool on their PC to get it.

I stand corrected.