You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Familiar AI  (Read 1280 times)

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
Familiar AI
« on: November 29, 2015, 04:30:24 AM »
The familiars are still all messed up and wonky when it comes to their AI, earlier for the better part of a entire fight my familiar did nothing but just stand off to the side ideal. Despite issuing commands to attack nearest hostile. or letting it target any one of the many hostiles to attack. Eventually it just wouldn't let me issue commands via clicking on its portrait and using the radial menu at all even though it was right near me. Being a mage and being squishy enough as is. Having a defective familiar makes things uber dicy and a touch unfair if the systems in place cause them to mess up and the player paying the price, usually every piece of gold they got when its used to raise them if someones generous enough to save or it and their weapon get swiped by someone else. I am venting a little, only because it is unbelievably irksome to die or almost die because the mechanics suddenly fudged up, are buggy or completely went haywire.

Merry Munchkin

• Dark Lord
Re: Familiar AI
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 11:09:21 AM »
I have had this happen to me in mid-combat with my summons as well.  It will fight, then sometimes for no ascertainable reason it will simply stop (I have noticed this is usually in the middle of a mob attack).  I have had success in getting it to follow me, then sometimes it will launch an attack of opportunity on a pursuing enemy, which seems to snap it out of its trance.  Other times, it has sometimes snapped out of it when I launch my own attack.  It is an annoying thing that I can't figure out what is causing it -- the only thing I can guess at is whatever enemy it has currently targeted has moved out of reach, and the AI is too stupid to selected a new target.

Burleigh Burrowell - RIP

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
Re: Familiar AI
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 11:20:32 AM »
Ya, tried to make it follow and break such if that was the case but it wouldnt even do that and eventually it wouldn't even let me bring up the radial menu to issue commands.