You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Healing Kits & Resting  (Read 2859 times)

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
Healing Kits & Resting
« on: November 25, 2015, 05:07:11 PM »
Being not a cleric I usually rely heavily on healing kits to help heal up while resting to avoid burning through so many potions. I just happened to notice now that despite getting the message of healing 39hp worth of dmg, when i rested i only healed 19hp worth. Which for someone with only 40hp is alot of hp to be missing while in a dungeon :/

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
Re: Healing Kits & Resting
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 05:10:26 PM »
Healing kits depend on your heal skill, it's also less effective on yourself
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 05:27:46 PM »
I am well aware, what im reporting is that the message received after such said i had healed 39hp, yet when i rested i only healed 19. Not the 39 it claimed healed.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 05:35:53 PM by Miuo »

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 05:40:06 PM »
It is also dependent on the type of clothing you are wearing, the amount of food you eat, and whether you are in proximity to a campfire (I can't recall if a bedroll makes a difference).
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 05:46:44 PM »
It is also dependent on the type of clothing you are wearing, the amount of food you eat, and whether you are in proximity to a campfire (I can't recall if a bedroll makes a difference).

Those all help, yes, but if a kit says it heals x amount of wounds you have that many hp restored regardless of those other factors.

Tobias Loarca | Braern Delsaryn | Anwar

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 05:51:55 PM »
I'm pretty sure your Constitution modifier is also taken into account somehow. I have not healed all my bandaged wounds many, many, many times with my 8 Con wizard.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 09:07:23 PM »

Those all help, yes, but if a kit says it heals x amount of wounds you have that many hp restored regardless of those other factors.

This. What im reporting is that im not being healed the stated x amount its telling me im healed. I used the bandages it states i was healed X amount, yet when i rest im not healed X amount.

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 09:08:51 PM »
What was your character's Constitution score?

Baium

• New to the Mists
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 11:04:06 PM »
The problem stated is NOT how much is actually healing, it's that the Bandage action is reporting an incorrect healing amount. It should not have reported 39hp, do you happen to have a screenshot of this and roughly what time this happened so the devs can look into it?

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 11:26:15 PM »
The problem stated is NOT how much is actually healing, it's that the Bandage action is reporting an incorrect healing amount. It should not have reported 39hp, do you happen to have a screenshot of this and roughly what time this happened so the devs can look into it?

This.

And no, i didnt grab it at the time but i can likely replicate such easily next time i'm wounded.

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2015, 11:57:16 PM »
My friend was having a similar problem. I had very high heal on a character, and my heal ability was far higher than the total hit points of the character I was healing. It would report healing all his damage, yet he would never heal the full amount.

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2015, 02:13:41 AM »
I too noticed that when I used a bandage on my absolutely no heal points used Sorcerer, the message that i healed 2 wounds came up, i rested, and I was back up to full health. Of course, i use a bedroll, food, and a campfire. :/

My barbarian has points in heal, and the same thing happened. without food, bedroll, or campfire.
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2015, 10:34:08 AM »
For the poison thing, can you clarify if it removed the poison effect (green health bar and all)? Or did it not remove the stat decreases?

I think the way it's set up right now, it'll remove the actual "poisoned"/"diseased" effect but not the stat penalties.