You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Employment Information  (Read 1400 times)

dark_majico

Employment Information
« on: November 19, 2015, 08:21:20 AM »
So far I only know of three oppertunitys for employment and I would like to know some more information but it's very difficult to get any. Every time I ask people in character in game about employment oppertunitys the only information I have gotten so far has been bounty hunting/relic hunting, and crafting. Perhaps the people in game I have asked don't actually know about the professions, or they don't care for them and choose to egnore their importance? I don't know, who knows...

The only professions I have come across are something along the lines of dock worker, farmer and messenger in the general area of Vallaki. How many more are actually available? Which towns do you find them in? It's next to impossible to stumble across this sort of information in game because it's not practical to travel to every city or town in the module and talk to the NPC's to get an idea of what professions are available, and new characters who need them the most, can't travel far enough either through lack of funds for the travel, or the ability to survive hostile encounters on the roads along their travels. Also when you choose a profession can you abandon it in favour of another?

So what are peoples thoughts on this information being posted in the forums, or in some form in game by a NPC, perhaps an office, guild, or town hall or something in Vallaki to point people in the right direction?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 08:23:45 AM by dark_majico »

OITF

• Undead Slayer
  • The Stormlord
Re: Employment Information
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 08:24:31 AM »
Mining in Dvergeheim, cargo loading in Vallaki, dock working in Vallaki (I think that's unavailable during the winter months.).

Other than that, I'm not sure.
ʏᴏᴜʀ ғɪɢʜᴛ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ, ᴛʀᴀɪᴛᴏʀ.

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 08:27:37 AM »
There's several places in Port á Lucine that offer jobs, as well.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 08:29:39 AM »

yup.. fisherman and umm... dockworker as well I think might be others.

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

DM Brimstone

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 09:11:21 AM »

yup.. fisherman and umm... dockworker as well I think might be others.

In the library in Port, Archivist is another profession that is available.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 09:17:39 AM »
And in Dementlieu, you also have Clerk I think or janitor, that are available at the Palais Dirigeant.