Author Topic: Heroism & Greater Heroism - Bards  (Read 1436 times)

Mereyn

• Undead Slayer
  • Resident Observer of the Freakshow
Heroism & Greater Heroism - Bards
« on: November 15, 2015, 03:53:39 AM »
First of all, I'd like to say I'm enjoying the new list of spells, especially for bards.
I noticed that the bard didn't have either Heroism, nor Greater Heroism in his spell selection,
despite both of them being spells a bard gets - prior to all other casters, a spell level lower.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/heroismGreater.htm

I'm wondering if that was missed, which is possible, a lot of spells have been added.

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: Heroism & Greater Heroism - Bards
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 07:34:53 AM »
Bards have the ability to raise a character's attack bonus by six points, equal to the highest of any class and with less effort. I felt +7 would have been entering excessive territory, so I gave bards Heroism but not Greater Heroism, leaving more incentive to party with a wizard or sorcerer for Greater Heroism.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 07:37:06 AM by Bad_Bud »

Mereyn

• Undead Slayer
  • Resident Observer of the Freakshow
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 08:19:33 AM »
I've checked the bard spell list again, and I didn't find Heroism, unless it was changed to be Good Hope (unless Good Hope is an entirely new spell of its own).
As for the argument regarding that Greater Heroism should be left for wizards and sorcerers, I agree. Just my curiosity.

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 10:04:50 AM »
Okay, in the archives... :P

Originally, bards had Heroism/Greater Heroism but I didn't make Good Hope, for the similar reason that I thought it was too much.

Quote from: Bad_Bud, October 20, 2014
Thinking about removing Heroism/Greater Heroism from Bards and giving them Good Hope instead

Quote from: Bad_Bud, November 15, 2014
I'm just not going to let Bards have Heroism spells. Good Hope is unique because it adds damage. Using bard song and Good Hope together, bards can give their entire party +4 damage, which is significant and not something any other class can replicate for a party.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 01:53:10 PM »
I mean, in fairness... yeah, that'd be strong, but on the other hand someone would have to play a bard.
: )