Author Topic: Item Builder App  (Read 1072 times)

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
Item Builder App
« on: March 21, 2016, 01:05:58 PM »
To make it clear, I simply love programming, I've been thinking about what I could do beside the small launcher I made, which I'm using and works really well I think, I wanted to make something bigger, something that would be more challenging than simply making a NWN launcher.

I had that idea while I was eating lunch earlier, I am very likely seeing too big and the chances the completion of this ever reaches 100% are very low, but I'll still do it and see where I can get with it.

Now you might be wondering what is that idea :P, I wanted to make something that could be useful at some point, not some random stuff that I will never use. So, I thought about NWN Item Builder App. This server accept custom Item idea and even if the toolset is already there to make those item, it's too laggy for me and going on it takes more time than it should for just creating a simple item.

My idea is making an PC App that permits creating custom item that respects the Item Making Guidelines posted here. There are a lot of restriction when making an item and that is what makes this challenge very interesting to me.

Since the item made in the toolset with server hak are adjusted by the said hak this will require a lot of tries, adjustment and research to fits the good requirement.

I was just wondering if there were other programming addict out there who would like to participate or just people who would like helping to research certain information found in the toolset or stuff like that.

As I said, this isn't a small project, but I'll try to go through it if I can, so if anyone wants to help or take part in this in anyway, you are welcome to do so :)

Iluvatar
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

Skullmonkey

• Outlander
Re: Item Builder App
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 02:09:57 PM »
Just out of curiosity ( i don't know if i have time or not), what programming language will you use for this project?

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
Re: Item Builder App
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 05:14:15 PM »
I will very likely be doing it in c#
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness