You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Costum Content in Single player mode  (Read 1663 times)

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
Costum Content in Single player mode
« on: November 05, 2015, 07:05:03 PM »
Does anyone know how to run single player with CEP and all the goodies of haks? I was dissapointed on my flight this weekend to see that I could not actually play single player with custom content.
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
Re: Costum Content in Single player mode
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 07:23:01 PM »
I'm not an expert, but if you want to have all the custom content on single player I think you'll need to modify the module you are playing on and add the custom content you want
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

Merry Munchkin

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 07:38:36 PM »
Does anyone know how to run single player with CEP and all the goodies of haks? I was dissapointed on my flight this weekend to see that I could not actually play single player with custom content.

I have not done it, but I has been told it can be done, with the following steps (all material that follows is from another poster on a different forum):

-------------------

Adding the CEP content to the OCs requires the following steps:
1) Copy the XP1-Chapter 1.nwm file in your NWN/nvm folder to your NWN/modules folder
2) Rename the XP1-Chapter 1.nwm file to XP1-Chapter 1.mod
3) Run the toolset and open up the Chapter1 module
4) Go to Module Properties and add the CEP haks to the custom content list in the right order
5) Select the CEP's .tlk file as the module's tlk file
6) Save the module
7) Repeat for the other .nvm files
You could try renaming them to .nvm, making a back-up of your original .nvm flies and returning the new files to the NWN/nvm folder to play them, it may or may not work.
Otherwise, access the edited OC chapters by selecting it from the Other Modules list. Ending chapter 1 will see your character imported to the CEPless chapter 2, but you can simply export your character and import it into the correct module at the end of each chapter to continue.

Three things are worth noting though.
First, no CEP content will be present in the game. You can use CEP items you import, you can use CEP appearances, but you won't find pack penguins or mercurial greatswords anywhere unless you add those in yourself.
Second, to my knowledge CEP does not add new classes or playable races. There are the Wemic and the Brownie I suppose, but those need appearance changes to work just like any other irregular race and are purely cosmetic besides.
Third, when you first create a character your options are usually limited to the standard selectables plus whatever's in your override folder. Hak pack contents aren't taken into consideration because at that point they haven't been 'unpacked' yet.

Burleigh Burrowell - RIP

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 08:02:37 PM »
If you're talking about the custom content from PotM, you're not going to be able to use most of the spells (including lots of the older ones) without having the scripts running that they use here.
Eilithar Cael'aera | Eowaril | Rowan Tallstag | Tobias Loarca | Kiiren Josivir

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 08:52:57 PM »
Nah, i just want to use the heads/clothing because I am a hopeless diva-fashion-king. thanks Merry, i'll try that.
Tycat#2415 (discord)
DeviantArt /Tybookins

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 09:44:31 PM »
I added CEP stuff to the original game ages ago and spiced up the area's a bit as they all seemd bland to me with very little placeables. Even increased the time an hour in game passed how dark night was and so on and so forth for every area. Was just something I did out of boredom but hey when I played through the OC again was glad that I did ;)

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 10:32:17 PM »
Yeah it killed it for me on my plane this weekend. There I was, cuddling with a complete stranger.... he was so awkward but I put my arm over him anyway because that was the only way it was going to be comfortable. All i wanted to do was play single player and BAM... no content. Sigh... flying.
Tycat#2415 (discord)
DeviantArt /Tybookins