Author Topic: Loud, obnoxious random music  (Read 3230 times)

peps

• Undead Master
Loud, obnoxious random music
« on: November 04, 2015, 07:58:06 PM »
I can't find the correlation to its playing, but it's this loud organ music that plays at random times. It's confined to one zone whenever it plays, as moving to another zone will get rid of it, but going back will allow it to keep playing.
Still plays, regardless if you move from zone to zone.

It's a very short audio clip.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 08:13:35 PM by HOLIDAY FESTIVAL »

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
Re: Loud, obnoxious random music
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 08:00:06 PM »
That's incredibly vague.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 08:04:23 PM »
I think I know what you mean... that organ music thing convinced me to put my music volume all the way down to zero lol

As to help identifying that music, I've only heard it in the Vallaki Western Outskirt map. I have tried to find multiple time in the server music pack I downloaded to remove it, but there are so many file I couldn't find it. Also the program I used to open that specific audio format file take long to open.
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

peps

• Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 08:14:37 PM »
That's incredibly vague.

I'm trying to pinpoint it. I noticed it happens a lot on the "Barovia - Vallaki - Shores of Lake Zarovich" map.

Bluebomber4evr

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 08:34:47 PM »
Each area can have up to 3 pieces of music attached. We'll need the names of the areas at the very least, but ideally it would help to know the time of day and if you or any other players are in combat.

Merry Munchkin

• Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 08:37:22 PM »
One way of sorting out what piece of music it is, is to go to the Blood on the Vine tavern in Barovia Village.  The musicians in the back room play requests, and the play list I think is everything in the custom music override.  Just have them play all the samples, and note the name of the one that is annoying you.

Burleigh Burrowell - RIP

Bluebomber4evr

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 10:54:16 PM »
One way of sorting out what piece of music it is, is to go to the Blood on the Vine tavern in Barovia Village.  The musicians in the back room play requests, and the play list I think is everything in the custom music override.  Just have them play all the samples, and note the name of the one that is annoying you.
No, that musician only plays about 10 pieces of music. Nowhere near all of the custom music we use.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 10:55:27 PM »
That's incredibly vague.

I'm trying to pinpoint it. I noticed it happens a lot on the "Barovia - Vallaki - Shores of Lake Zarovich" map.

Remember if it was during the day or night? And was there combat?

Bluebomber4evr

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2015, 10:57:29 PM »
Also the program I used to open that specific audio format file take long to open.
NWN's .bmu files will play in any program that plays .mp3s. Just make sure you're playing a copy of the file and not the original, as playing the .bmu file in a program like Window Media Player will make it no longer work in NWN.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 11:01:55 PM by Bluebomber4evr »

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2015, 11:00:00 PM »
That's incredibly vague.

Probably isn't the same has me then, but the one I'm talking about definitely have organ in it, I've raised my music volume earlier and the first thing I heard was that organ music song in the Vallaki Western Outskirt.

Though I'll try going there "Barovia - Vallaki - Shores of Lake Zarovich" and see if it's the same   

Also the program I used to open that specific audio format file take long to open.
NWN's .bmu files will play in any program that plays .mp3s. Just make sure you're playing a copy of the file and not the original.

Really, I'll try that, if it works.... lol  :P
Because I couldn't listen to those .bmu file without that program but I'll try to open it with something else and see
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

Bluebomber4evr

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2015, 11:04:10 PM »
NWN's .bmu files will play in any program that plays .mp3s. Just make sure you're playing a copy of the file and not the original.

Because I couldn't listen to those .bmu file without that program but I'll try to open it with something else and see
BMU files are basically mp3s with a little bit of coding tacked on. It should work in Windows Media Player at the very least. Just be sure to make a copy and play that copy, because playing a bmu in a media player program makes it so it won't work in NWN anymore.

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2015, 11:16:01 PM »
Well I found that music which was driving me insane every time I went in the outskirts the name is 

mus_nunkommeheid

I'll leave it here in case we are talking about the same one, check it :P
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2015, 11:23:11 PM »

BMU files are basically mp3s with a little bit of coding tacked on. It should work in Windows Media Player at the very least. Just be sure to make a copy and play that copy, because playing a bmu in a media player program makes it so it won't work in NWN anymore.

Really... because I've probably opened each one of my bmu files at least once and I still have music IG, music that I have heard while opening the file in a media player
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

Bluebomber4evr

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2015, 11:39:19 PM »

Really, I'll try that, if it works.... lol  :P

Really... because I've probably opened each one of my bmu files at least once and I still have music IG, music that I have heard while opening the file in a media player
Granted, I haven't messed with them that way since about 2004 or so and using the version of Windows Media Player that was available at the time, and I don't even use WMP anymore.

Now I just use the MP3 to BMU conversion program from the Vault to turn them into MP3s.

Bluebomber4evr

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2015, 11:40:42 PM »
Well I found that music which was driving me insane every time I went in the outskirts the name is 

mus_nunkommeheid

I'll leave it here in case we are talking about the same one, check it :P
That music does use organs, but it's hardly loud.