You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Color indicator  (Read 4676 times)

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
Color indicator
« on: November 01, 2015, 11:17:15 PM »
I'm sure I'm not the only one having trouble when the time to dye me clothe arrive...

You want to put that part on your shoulder white, but instead you end up making you shoes white....

Or, you don't like that black on your shirt so you chose to make it red, but instead you change the green part into red thus not removing that ugly black part you wanted to remove..

You'll say just by an other dye and repair it, but a simple dying job can become painful and you can end up spending a lot of gold just to change one color on your armor.

What I propose here is an option to see what color is on what part of your armor/clothe

Clothe 1 : blue
Clothe 2 : green
Leather 1 : red
... and so on

I've been thinking about this for so long... there is no way to check that at least from what I know and normally when you dye something... you know where you are putting it.

Anyone else feeling like this would be a good thing to have?

Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

Exordium

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: Color indicator
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 02:38:16 AM »
Hmm.. It could be possible to do something here. For example, if you're in safe resting area, there could be a rest menu option "Show color slots" that momentarily colored your attire's color slots with specific colors. Not impossible, I think. I might try it quickly out on the weekend if I've no other work..

Good suggestion! :)

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 03:01:40 AM »
Please
Yes
I require this

I love you Exo

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 08:14:24 AM »
Good suggestion! :)

Really....  WOO   :mrgreen:

"Show color slots" that momentarily colored your attire's color slots with specific colors.

That's even better :P
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

dark_majico

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 04:06:55 PM »
I think a better solution would be something along the lines of when you go into the crafting menu you choose a new option

"Display coloures"

then you get a message sent to your window stating the coloure of the armour your wearing...

Cloth 1 = yellow
Cloth 2 = blue
leather 1 = green
leather 2 = brown
metal 1 = copper
metal 2 = dark brass

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 04:15:48 PM »
I had the same idea first, but sometime you have many part with the same color and knowing which one goes where is ennoying.  Perhaps those two idea could be good as well. But it'll require more work from the devs...

As long as there is something to help and get information on the color of your current clothe I'll be happy. :)
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

Dhark

• Dark Power
  • Ladul !
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 08:12:52 PM »
Would it not be possible to save your character to your own vault, build a small module, haks in correct order, with a dye vendor and test things there ?

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2015, 09:57:20 PM »
Would it not be possible to save your character to your own vault, build a small module, haks in correct order, with a dye vendor and test things there ?

It's possible... but it's much more simple to just add an option telling the color on the rest menu. And No one really want to log off every time he wants to dye his/her clothes
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 10:30:16 PM by Iluvatar »
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

Kendric98

• Dark Power
  • Omnipotent Overlord of the Omniverse!
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 10:20:44 PM »
Or after choosing say slot 1 yellow, it gives you a "make these changes" options after you see it so you know if its the wrong or right slot.

Samson/Tatyanna Costella

Exordium

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2015, 02:45:35 AM »
I think a better solution would be something along the lines of when you go into the crafting menu you choose a new option

"Display coloures"

then you get a message sent to your window stating the coloure of the armour your wearing...

Cloth 1 = yellow
Cloth 2 = blue
leather 1 = green
leather 2 = brown
metal 1 = copper
metal 2 = dark brass

Oh yea, that too - but what I'm also thinking from my own perspective, is that very often I've no clue which slots are which on the armor, so I'd like a way of easily visualizing that. So I'll.. Do both, then!

I'm otherwise the laziest developer you've ever met, but this could be something that I might get done for once. I hope. We'll see on the weekend.

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2015, 08:47:16 AM »
Since this is not in place, I have a way to fix this problem, but it only works upon character creation. Just paint everything with bright contrasting colors. Paint your cloths bright green and bright yellow for example, this way you will know whichever parts will be that color. Then craft the armor the way you want it to look like, then finally paint your clown looking clothing to fit the setting.

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2016, 04:28:57 PM »
As this been done or anything? Otherwise BUMP and strongly hope that this will see life one day, because it would be really useful  :)
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

ILLY6666

• Undead Master
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2016, 04:36:27 PM »
Please, this needs to happen indeed.
"What is a day, without  a blessed night?
And what is peace, without a blessed fight?"

Exordium

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2016, 04:42:48 AM »
I did put up a script that prints your current colors, but it's not integrated into the server yet. To be honest, my workflow with this is pretty much non-existent.. :roll:

I also tested around a little bit with a script that colorizes your attire's different parts to make it clear which part of the cloth is for which color slot. However, this latter technique is somewhat prone to exploits and loss of items; You have to change colors by copying items (and in the process, destroying the old item) but if you crashed or lagged out, your clothing would now be stuck to the overtly colorful mode and so on. It could be implemented for crafting dummies, but for them it's very straight-forward to test out different colors anyway, so it'd be rather superfluous.

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2016, 10:55:53 AM »
Just seeing the current color would make a huge difference :P

Thanks for working on that though  :)
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2016, 10:32:14 PM »
Was this ever completed finally?
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2016, 03:41:19 AM »
I feel like the biggest problem with this is something that's already been pointed out, having more than one slot colored the same color. Seems like all the suggestions for this would still make it impossible to tell what part of your armor was, say, cloth or leather, if you had black on both.

Opening the toolset and toying with the colors on your outfit, then applying those ig is a pretty easy and simple way to go about it Leather 1 in the toolset is leather 1 on the dye and so forth. It gives you a visual of what you're going to end up with as well. It's seriously easy.
Eilithar Cael'aera | Eowaril | Rowan Tallstag | Tobias Loarca | Kiiren Josivir

dark_majico

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2016, 04:32:31 AM »
I feel like the biggest problem with this is something that's already been pointed out, having more than one slot colored the same color. Seems like all the suggestions for this would still make it impossible to tell what part of your armor was, say, cloth or leather, if you had black on both.

Opening the toolset and toying with the colors on your outfit, then applying those ig is a pretty easy and simple way to go about it Leather 1 in the toolset is leather 1 on the dye and so forth. It gives you a visual of what you're going to end up with as well. It's seriously easy.

That's true but its a minor problem, and that's down to the individual to choose if hey want to use black across more than one material. For every other combination it would be a huge help.

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2016, 09:44:27 AM »

I do use the toolset sometime when it is needed, but the toolset is laggy and going in there recreating the complet outfit, finding what are the color currently being used on my outfit are to apply them on the toolset outfit can be a long process. Also, not everyone is comfortable using the toolset.
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness