You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Books/Tomes  (Read 1813 times)

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
Books/Tomes
« on: April 28, 2016, 10:55:26 AM »
Is there possibly a better way to store manage books? My current char has begun to collect some uncommon books and rare books. But even the few i have already take up three bags worth of space :S

Would it be possible to begin making books into the actual holdable accessory or something? Or some other means to store them so they didn't take up obscene amounts of space?

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: Books/Tomes
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 09:25:32 PM »
The game engine already provides an insane amount of inventory space on characters that you would never have in any other games. Six pages of inventory and the possibility to hold up to 90 bags. Not that I recommend carrying 90 full bags if you wish to avoid lag issues of course, but you still have a lot inventory space at your disposal. If strength is the issue disallowing you to carry more bags, then you have to assume your character's built. Managing one's inventory is part of any good roleplaying games. I find it really cool that you would collect the rare books of the game, but you will have to continue doing so with the current system, there is no way we will change it to allow players to carry even more stuff than they already do.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 09:31:51 PM »
As a professional academic, let me just say that carrying more than five or six books on your person, especially large, leatherbound manuscripts, is impossible.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 09:35:36 PM »
As a professional academic, let me just say that carrying more than five or six books on your person, especially large, leatherbound manuscripts, is impossible.

On the other hand someone is able to carry several halbards and several greatswords here :P so I regard that as more impossible then a large amount of books; though I do agree with you.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 09:49:11 PM »

On the other hand someone is able to carry several halbards and several greatswords here :P so I regard that as more impossible then a large amount of books; though I do agree with you.

You're right; I'll code something to limit everyone to one inventory space and only one item over four squares. ;)
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

Hatsune

• Undead Master
  • Ninja-loots Extraordinaire!
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 01:53:51 AM »
Storage has always been an issue for me on this server. My newly retired character spent most of her career with 86 bags (only had a 4x4 square on tab one "open"), all of them either Magic Bags or vassi pouches for storage...

Came to it I had to toss 90% of the 'rp' stuff and books and things i'd collected to make room for potions and to open up a bit of space and reduce weight...

Currently I'm playing a Loremaster of Oghma too, and already feeling how books take up so much darn space! Had to ditch most the 'basic' ones already...  But I do agree with what is said, the ammount of things we are allowed to carry is just unimaginable... so can't see to much effort being put into making more carrying capacity.  Gotta have some effort and such put into the accumilation of knowledge!

Besides, stored and in a Vaasi pouch, not like they are too much weight! Since you said your storing them.
Currently Playing:
Ayleese, Slyvan Bardess