You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Raziel The Wise  (Read 1839 times)

Mayvind

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • I won't Bite
Raziel The Wise
« on: April 10, 2016, 09:02:51 AM »
This Chinese Dragon is uber, the breath weapon huge damage surround by elder elementals.. and what do we get in his tiny loot chest ? low level loots and 30 gold coins ... there nothing on the dragon.

Maybe increase the loots suitable for his size and strength ? i get better loots run around through the newbie dungeons looting chests, which i prefers not to.

Nemesis 24

• Dark Power
Re: Raziel The Wise
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 09:24:36 AM »
I think its always based on chance, to be honest, with such spawns.  A place with a guaranteed great loot drop isn't a good idea, as people will just continually farm it relentlessly.  The best gear always will be (and always 'should' be) enchanted equipment.

Mayvind

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • I won't Bite
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 09:38:54 AM »
Not asking for guaranteed of GREAT LOOT .. more like better then 30 coins from killing a freaky Dragon that do 100 damages from from breath attacks.

Nemesis 24

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 09:52:46 AM »
Unfortunately, as I said - its based upon chance.  If you want a definite better reward you have to remove a lot of that chance and thus you are going closer to a 'guaranteed' better loot drop.  Perhaps it should be a little better, but I think that the idea of fighting such a creature as this doesn't have much focus on wealth, but the sheer fact you get this fight at all.  I haven't managed it yet!  Hope to soon though.

Dumas

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 11:49:10 AM »
Clearly, Raziel is wise enough to know that coin isn't the most important thing in life  :lol:

Honestly though, if there was a way to insure a minimum treasure for certain boss like enemies, that would be cool. Nothing extreme... But at least like a hundred coin? I mean, that at least covers the caravan. For Raziel specifically, I don't think you can really farm it, as the oubliette seems to have a random chance of even appearing.

chuuch1

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 02:45:03 PM »
Zalph the Shadow Dragon drops better loot, as a comparison.

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2016, 03:54:35 PM »
Pretty much everyone drops better loot :P lol

I'd point out that, because of the way the looting system works, you can't exactly "farm" a lootable container-not profitably.
Tobias Loarca | Braern Delsaryn | Anwar

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2016, 11:47:39 AM »
I've bumped up the loot in the last update.