You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: An Impish Tale: Elana  (Read 6508 times)

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
An Impish Tale: Elana
« on: October 31, 2015, 11:10:33 AM »

The imp chuckled as he hovered over Elanas mangled corpse. "Ooh poor girl, look at you now.On the brink of death." Of course the woman made no reply as she lay there in the ever growing puddle of blood. She had gone down to help those who needed it, but in the end, it was her who needed the help. Death beckoned her like a man with candy for a child. Eagerly she reached for it, her spectral hand touching Deaths, before she was ripped away from that peaceful scene.

Pain wracked her body as her soul was crammed back into that battered and mangled corpse. With a deep breath, she let out a wicked scream, her eyes wide as she looked around in a panic. She soon eased as she noticed she was in the church, safe. Never had she expected to face such powerful undead, sure she had been told stories by her mother of these creatures, but this was the first she ever saw them herself. A fearful thing to behold. A skeleton weilding a greatsword running at them.

Quite the start for her journey in Barovia. Arriving just as night falls, and falling victim to the undead beneath the church of the Morning Lord. Barovia was the place she was meant to be, she could feel it deep inside her. Yet she could not figure out what she was needed here for. In a land of such darkness and xenophobia, what would be the place of a young half Vistana?

She longed for power, for strength, to be strong enough for forge a place for herself somewhere in this darkness. It would be far from easy, she, who existed between worlds of man and vistani. Magic coursed through her veins, thanks to that wretched little imp, and her familial bloodline. Rituals and magic were part of her life from the start.

Raised by her Vistana mother, she was shunned by most the tasque, all but her mother who told her stories of her father. A brave warrior, a traveller, adventurer and a rogue. Part of Elana wanted to see what that life was like, how dangerous, how passionate, and how adventerous. Perhaps she would.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 08:11:34 PM by ladylena »
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
Re: An Impish Tale
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 05:44:39 PM »
[Scrawled hastily into a worn journal]

Today I dabbled. Blood magic, to scry. A desperate farmer turned to murder for his crops to grow... A name.. Jacob Garvin.. Murderer, pumpkin king. Blood for the soil, death to the soul. Corruption by his deeds, despair to those he makes his own. My head hurts, my eyes hurt. I felt him kill her, his wife.. She screamed... "Jacob! Noo!!" Gastel is laughing at me for what I did.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 03:13:35 PM »
Gastel crept out of the shadows he hid in, and hovered right over Elanas head as she lay in the bed. "OOOh look at you, adventuring like your daddy. You know that's how he died right?"

"Go away Gastel. I ache all over and don't have the patience for your shit." Elana croaked as she opened an eye.

"Heh, you never do. You realize that man and all this adventuring is not going to get you what you want right? Heh heh heh you power hungry little girl. Isn't that why you made that deal with me?" He cackled above her.

"You know damn well why I made that deal!!" Elana shouted at the foot tall imp. "Now shoo and let me rest."

"Very well my pet, but remember, I am always watching you Elana. Always." The young half Vistana groaned and rolled over, closing her eye and ignoring the imp who watched her like a hawk. Power, power to make a place for herself, that is what she wanted. But as always, power had a price, and the stronger she got, the stronger the imps hold on her became.

Darkness would become her ally if she was to walk the path of power. There was so much she wanted to know, things to learn, and trouble to be had. Elana did not sleep well that night. Her dreams were twisted visions of the farmer who became cursed, and of the same fate befalling Augusta. Although she tried to avoid his flirtations, she could not help but grow fonder of the man, and Gastel knew this. He would pose a threat to his little pet, lead her astray from his goals for her.

Oh how Gastel had plans for Elana, dark twisted plans, but he would make them happen. He knew the way to power, and had promised to guide her, poor Elana however, had no idea what the road she was on was going to do to her. All the young woman wanted was the power to make a place for herself in this world. A place to live, to exist, to make a name for herself, and the imp was right. This was not the way to that power.

What was? Gastel hinted to her in her dreams. Dreams of death, of magic and power, dreams that left her longing for more. One of the dreams granted her a vision of a ritual. One of power, but also of darkness. The heart of a lover, the wing of a fly, and the horn of a stag placed in the center of a circle drawn in her blood. In her dream this ritual gave her the power she wanted, and she regretted nothing in it. Yet she awoke with an ear splitting scream of sheer terror. How could she do such awful things in her dreams, were they prophetic like many of the others she had?

Elana shook her head and pulled the blankets over her head to try to quell the fear that gripped her. A mix of fear and eagerness.

"Sleep well beauty?" Gastel asked from the desk beside the bed. "Or did you have a bad dream about power again?"

"Go away. I don't want to see you. You're a mistake Gastel. I never should of called you. I hope you rot in hell."

"Oh would if I could Ela pet. But no, I'm stuck here now, with you. And you -will- get what you wanted."

"What if I don't want to pay the price?"

"Oh but you will. You will pay the price happily when the time comes my pet." Gastel cooed as he swept her hair from her eyes. "Such a pretty little girl, stealing the hearts of men already."

"You know, you have so much potential, you could be so strong, if you'd just listen to me."

"Yes? And what would you have me do?" Elana asked hesitantly.

"All in time my pet, all in time. For now you just focus on getting your magic stronger, you want that, don't you?" He asked, moving back to the desk.

"Of course I do Gastel. I want to be stronger."

"You want them to fear you too, don't you? Sick and tired of never being accepted by either side of your family. Did you know your father was Barovian?"

"How do you know that Gastel?"

"Oh, I know more than you think my sweet pet. Way more than you think. I know all your darkest desires and I know that you fear delving into them. Just like you feared scrying in that old barn. Your blood is special, magical, unique. You can be better than either Vistani or human. Stronger than them, prettier, smarter. But ah, such is a story for another day dear. You rest your aching body, someday those aches will mean nothing to you."

Such a cryptic imp he was, and his vague words swiftly angered Elana as she threw the pillow at him. Gastel just laughed and crept back into the shadows that hid him.

"Always another day, always another tale. Stupid imp." She grumbled as she crawled out of her bed to retrieve the pillow and returned to her tormented sleep.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 10:07:37 AM »
Overhead the full moon cast its eerie glow upon the land, and fogged the minds of those with vistani blood mixing in their veins. Elana was no stranger to its effects, and she swiftly parted ways from Gheata and the group.

Calling upon Gastel, she prepare for the night. A chance to run free beneath the cold light of the Barovian moon. As she ran through the forests, she stumbled upon a camp, she knew this place, yet the blood and chaos were new. Without thinking or hesitating she rummaged through the remains, searching for things to be of use. A fish, yes, that would still her hunger and she eagerly bit into it, the juices running down her chin.

"Oh oh, such chaos and disregard for others. How proud I am of you pet! So proud! You're growing stronger everyday." He crooned into her ear as she tossed the half eaten fish to the ground. She couldn't rest, so much energy coursed through her, and so she ran again. Exploring the woods under concealment of invisibility.

Wolves prowled the night just as she did, and soon she found herself near the vistani camp. Someone had barricaded the way to the cave, near there. And though she tried, her might nor magic was strong enough to break through. She cursed and screamed at the wooden baricade, trying to tear it apart. This did not last long as the moon began to set, and she began to grow weary. The night had worn her out, yet, she could not sleep. So restless she was.

As she sat near the lake, a memory came to her.

"I'm not good for you Augusta. I'll only bring you harm, and I care too much about you, to see you hurt because of me." She perked up and looked around, yes, where was the man she was sweet on? No doubt hiding safely away during the full moon. Deep within, she felt something stir, a longing. Perhaps she would find him before the next night fall.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 04:42:01 PM »
[Tucked inside a book, are two piece of paper, one written in ancient Tergish, the other seems to be a translation of it.]

Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 04:25:14 PM »
The more I have fought, the stronger my magic has grown. Yet, not to the strength I desire. Seems all I am useful for right now, is enhancing the capabilities of others, rather than my own. Perhaps it is time that I look elsewhere for power. Surely there is someone who can help me.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 06:25:00 PM »
Rescuing those nine idiots was a nightmare. What ever possessed them to go to such a deadly place? Not even my magic was strong enough to help save them. I am certain with Fletcher and Sol we could of done it, but it would of taken us hours upon hours, and possibly the death of both Fletcher and Sol. There was no way either of them could of withstood those flying suits of armour. Or all those hulking monsters or the giant spiders. In the end though, we did save them, although Fletcher and Sol did not like the means taken to ensure their survival. Really though, a bit of blood for a vampire in exchange for the safety of nine people, that's hardly a price. Everyone survived, everyone lived, and no one else died.

I just wish that they could see that. Clearly striking a deal with a vampire was a last resort, but it worked. She did not even drain us, in fact, she healed us afterwards. Not like it was the first time I've been food for a vampire.. Clearly I need to get stronger seeing as there are creatures like that armour who could fell me in one swipe. None of my magics would of harmed it, really were it not for that vampiress, they'd all still be dead. Maybe even Fletcher.

I am most curious about her offer though. Could her deity really provide me with such power? Alas, Gastel wont permit it, seeing as another deal has already been brokered, but surely hearing her message wont be a problem. I am starting to acquire a fair few secrets, and they are quite interesting. I wont disclose them here because someone could easily read it.

I wish Sol and Fletcher understand why Amelia and myself agreed to feed the vampire. I guess only time will tell if they will hunt me down for that or not.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 04:20:03 PM »
Tovag and Cavitius. A million souls and two civilizations snuffed out in an instant. Swallowed up by the mists. They exist now only in memory and the past. It is possible for them to get there, dangerous and foolish though. Stepping in time one way, does not mean they can return. Whatever it was that snuffed out those lives, Rosella would not say its name. She forbid her eldest to travel there, to travel with them, begged her not to.

Yet, as promised, Elana secured a means for the unclean woman, and the man, to reach the lost country.

"Through the mists... Walk under a new moon. You'll need something, a token of that lost country. A focus." The wise Vistana said.

The Marhime produced a book, an old book from Tovag, yes this would act as a fine focus. Again, Rosella warned her daughter not to go there.

"A horrible thing existed once in that place.."
"What was it?"
"I will not say its name... But know... It consumed a million souls in an instant.. In the of an eye, two whole civilizations were wiped out. Do not go there."

With that final warning, the old Vistana walked away from the camp. Leaving Elana and Marjiana alone by the fire. Marjiana asked if Elana would come with her, the young woman shook her head telling her no. For she had learned her lesson about delving into the past. She learned the dangers and risks that came with it. However, she could not stop the curiosity that bubbled up inside her.

What happened there? What could be such a terrible thing that its name was best not mentioned and the lands best forgotten?

Elana struggled to decide what to do. Did she risk her life for the secrets of this lost civilization? Or did she do as her mother bade, and avoid it altogether. If she went, she might not return. Yet if she stayed, she would never know.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 05:38:32 PM by ladylena »
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 05:38:29 PM »
[Scrawled hastily into a journal]

A dying soldier, a golden sarcophagus, and a blank card. What influence does my father truly have? Mihai..
This changes everything.
I need to find uncle Zosci.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 05:41:26 PM by ladylena »
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2015, 09:23:28 PM »
Elana sat quietly in the room. A glass of wine in one hand, her other hand tracing line after line of text in the old hand written book. It was like a drug to her. All encompassing. Such knowledge and power contained within the old pages. She had other books she'd yet to finish, but this one peeked her interest, despite the missing fifty pages.

It had been a while since Gastel had approached her alone, but she could feel him. Ever watchful from the shadows. Shadows, much like the shadow half of the mage who had fled with a gem. Elana took another long sip of the red Barovian wine. Deep in the back of her mind, a thought wormed it's way closer.

Mihai...

A Barovian Nobleman who betrayed his family to be with his Vistana lover. A soldier who died for his people. Rosellas lover, Elanas father. The Vistani told Rosella to smother her daughter when she was born, that it would be better, safer. Knowing this, Elanas curiosity grew, and grew. Worming deep into her mind. What influence did her fathers past have on her?

A golden sarcophagus, a dying soldier and a blank card. Not one of those three cards belonged to the Raunie who did the reading. What could they mean, why was her future card blank. Elanas mind raced over the situation, trying to determine where these mysterious cards came from. Could it of been Gastel?

No, surely the Raunie would of known. Elana would of known. Was there something larger at play?

Elana knew one thing, if nothing else, she would not let her fears stop her.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 02:41:49 PM »
Nervously, Elana entered the Raunies tent seeking to find her mother.
"It is not my task to keep track of your mother." The Raunie said, as she studied Elana with her hawkish eyes. "Sit Giomoto." The old hands reached for a deck of cards as the young half-breed sat before her.

Elana watched the woman as she began to shuffle the deck of Taroka cards. This was not what Elana sought, but, it was rude to deny the wisdom offered. "Cut the deck." With a single nod and a nervous smile Elana cut the deck in half, and the Raunie took the cards back into her hands to shuffle further.

She offered the cards to Elana to choose. Without hesitation Elana drew five cards from the deck, the Raunie laid them down in a pattern.

"This card is you." She said as she flipped the center card over. The old woman laughed, "The fool, the Innocent. Didn't need the cards to tell me this." Elana frowned slightly, before the Raunie spoke up again. This time she pointed to the bottom card. "Your past..."

As Madame Vadoma flipped the card over, it displayed a painted warrior slumped over a battle field, dying. Numerous arrows stuck out of the soldiers back. The Raunie looked at the card in confusion, then to the unused portion of the deck in her hands. "I... Do not know this card..?" Again the woman looked at the deck and the card, her eyes shooting up to Elana."This is not from my deck."

"Then.. Where did it come from?" Elana asked as her brow creased in confusion.

The temperature dropped in the room suddenly as the Raunie growled in an angry voice, "You did this?"

Elana shook her head, her eyes wide in fear. "I would never ever ever dare to tamper with the cards."

"A soldier.... Dying... This is your past.."

"I.. I don't understand."

"An influence upon your present actions. An influence either known or unknown still holds sway over your actions and desicions." The Raunie sighed and looked at Elana for the first time with compassion. "What has your mother told you about your father?"

"He was an adventurer... That's all she told me." The Raunie frowned as Elana posed another question, " Does my father have something to do with this?"

"It is not my place..." Madame Vadoma pointed to the card on the left. "This represents the world and its lower based influences.." The card the Vistana turned over displayed a crumbling tower, with a star shooting across the back ground, a man was falling from The Tower.

"The Tower... Destruction. Something very bad is working its effect on you," She frowned, "Doom will be your only reward."

The Raunie pointed to the card on the right. "The higher world, the unseen spiritual influences." Her eyes widened as she turned the card over. Another low growl telling Elana the card was not hers. The Raunie was clearly unnerved by this as her hands began to tremble.

"Madame Vadoma.. Why are cards not from your deck appearing?" Elana asked nervously, her breath visible in the cold tent.

"Giomoto.." SHe began as she looked at Elana her stoic mask broken by the fear and confusion that flashed across her face. Within a moment, she regained her composure, hiding whatever thoughts she had. "I don't know what you're involved with.. But something.. Something powerful.... That my own cards would do this..." She swallowed her fear as her eyes lingered on the last unturned card before returning once again to the fourth card.

The card depicted a beautiful and ornate gold coffin, reversed. "I see a gold coffin.. Reversed.. Death and wealth? I.. I don't know." She looked to Elana shocked and surprised. "What does this card mean to you?"

"Wealth in death.. Wealth from death? I'm.. Really not sure either.." Elana admitted as she wrung her hands nervously.

"The right card, the spiritual realm.. And it's reversed." The Raunie moved her trembling hand over the final card. "The last is your future."

Uneased and frightened, Elana watched as Madame Vadoma flipped the last card.

Blank. A blank card. The Raunie hissed and narrowed her eyes at Ela. "Giomoto.. I don't know how you did it, but you switched my cards!"

"I didn't! I swear!"

Furious, and perhaps afraid, the Raunie screamed at Elana. "GET OUT OF MY TENT!"

Elana stumbled backwards to the tent flap. "I'm sorry! I didn't switch them!"

"You disrespectful little.... OUT!" She screamed again, sending Elana out in a hurry. The guard outside the tent watched with a confused expression.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2015, 05:19:54 PM »
With a heavy heart, Elana carried her deceased mother through the mists and into the camp at the Tser Pool. Tears trickled down from her eyes onto her mothers lifeless face. She was instructed to burn her mother. Sullenly she carried her mother to a secluded place and built up the funeral pyre.

The flames licked at the cold body of the Vistana. Rosella had taken her own life with an obsidian dagger. Now the womans body was caressed by the purifying flames, her daughter watching as slowly, her mother was burned to ash. Without a single word, she gathered up the remains, scooping the ash and bone chips into a small vial.

Elana made her way back to the camp, the door to the Raunies vardo opened as she entered. With reservation, and timidness, she stepped in when the Raunie barked "Get in here girl!"

With trepidation, she stepped into the Raunies Vardo.

"Tell me what you saw." Madame eva said.

"I found her in the mists.. Dead.. Her wrists slit. She took her own life." Elana said in a small quivering voice. She was nervous sitting there with the Raunie and Zsoci. Nervous discussing the fate of her mother. The fate of the heirloom, and her own fate.

"The next decision you make, may well be the most important of your young life."

It was a very important decision that the grieving young woman made that day. She had many questions, and recieved so many answers, answers that she wished she didn't hear. All of her past was revealed to her as she was welcomed at last into her family.

Ever since Madame Vadoma had read the cards for her, Elana had wondered so much about who exactly her father was. Her mother would tell her little, and she found little on her own. But with her mothers passing, she found the answers she sought. Captain Mihai, of the Barovian army.

A poor man who lost his life to the woman he claimed to love. A man who cheated on the hot blooded Vistana who loved him. A man who was murdered by Rosella. Every bad choice her mother made, every mistake, now rested with Elana.

"Welcome to the family."
Spoiler: show
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2015, 10:56:54 AM »
My mother took her own life. She could not face the Raunies wrath a second time. Now, just like her, I carry the burden she did. Yet, in her passing I was welcomed into the family. Giomoto. I am now Giomoto, Giogoto and Zvitiro.

I know all of my past now. I know who my father was, which house he belonged to, and how he died. My mother is very fortunate the Raunie did not banish her nor kill her for taking the life of a Zarovich. She made a lot of bad choices in her life, but so have I.

Now I carry the same obsidian dagger my mother carried. The one she used to take her life. Given to her as reminder of her bad choice all those years ago. Now, I carry it, as a reminder of her, and the choices I made that led to her death.

I wont make the same mistakes my mother made.

I know who I am now.

E.V.Z.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 10:58:49 AM by ladylena »
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2016, 05:18:33 PM »
I have learned things that few should ever know. Things about the land, about the mists. The very nature of this world. There are lots of things for me to think upon.

There is a part of me that dreads what I know, but yet, I am thrilled by it. I know very well that what I just learned could draw the attention of things I want nothing to do with. Things worse than Vocar.

Yet, what was it someone told me? That even fear can be overcome. I have power within me, and I feel it growing every day. Stronger, more dangerous. Perhaps even deadly.

Maybe this knowledge and what I have gone through has made me even colder towards people. But it's not out of malice, or hate. It is for their protection. Crow couldn't understand that. You know, in a way, I really envy him. Carefree, unbound by life and laws.

I wish things could of been different, but as they say, if wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

So I will take things as they have come to me, make the best of the cards I have drawn, and play the game to win.

Knowing what I now know, I want to know more. More about these 'dark lords', more about everything.

Secrets never die, and I want to learn many.

Gastel has taken to stalking me when I don't want him to. He thinks I don't know, but I can feel his presence. He keeps warning me not to trust anyone, that he is all I can trust. But I think, the only one I can trust, is me.

E.V.Z.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2016, 10:52:49 AM »
So much has happened. I have seen the Headless Horseman, I have seen the Countess. I have felt the pleasurable sting of many vampire bites. I have seen the darkness that rules Barovia, the cruelty in the hearts of those men and women. I have felt death...

That's right. They killed me for trying to save them. For trying to help. They stole my life from me when I tried to protect theirs. I can not let myself be ruled by this fear of returning there.

Sooner or later, I will have to go back, and when I do. Oh those filthy, shit eating scumbags will regret every action that have taken against me, my kind, and my friends.

Lyssa has no right to rule, she has no right. I could rule Barovia better than her. Hmm, now there's a thought. Gastel seems to think it is a very splendid thought. If that is to be my goal, I must return there.

But then again, my duties to the Vistani. Could I be both?

E.V.Z.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2016, 05:15:00 PM »
Jailed.

Poor Elana awoke outside in the cold Barovian winter, in a cage, and nearly naked. Her body was covered in a multitude of vampire bites, her dusky skin, a ghastly white. She was not alone though, Valerian was with her. Much like her, he was white too. All vigor and life gone from them. Elana felt weak, dizzy, and drained. She called out in the early morning, but no one replied. She gave up till dawn, four hours from when she awakened.

At last the warm sun kissed her skin, and she sighed in relief. Finally she could ask what happened, and how she got in this cage. It was not long until several outlanders neared the city gates, likely to check the bounty board and turn in ant bounties. She asked what the sign infront of her said, and to her dismay she learned.

"Trespassers, treat them as you want."

She was fortunate in those early hours as many whom she knew treated her kindly. They knew why she had gone to the castle, and they knew she was not foolish enough to commit such a crime. She was healed, given warm clothes and a cloak. The Guard woman, Ecaterina, went to find out what had happened. Even the guard knew that Elana wanted to stop the headless horseman, and that she sought the aid of the Countess. However, all the kindness was swiftly replaced by sharp sticks, farming tools and rocks as the peasants arrived.

They were beaten, rocks thrown at them with lethal intent, Elana was poked and prodded by the Barovian peasants for what seemed like hours. She cowered in the cage, trying to avoid the reach of the blood hungry men. So on edge they were, that they even turned on one of their own. Slaughtering the peasant while the fat Corporal watched. "Vraja!" They screamed as their tools took the innocents life.

"Which one first?! The Domn or the Doamna!" The corporal called out to the crowd. Cries of echoed a multitude of things; from the desire to hang them, to stone them to death, before they finally shouted who should be punished first. "The Domn it is!" He motioned for the privates to bring the Ezrite up to the post. It was finally now that Ecaterina arrived. She questioned the corporal when he ordered her to kill the man. But it mattered little, he was intent on murder. He ordered another to slit Valerians throat.

As blood poured down his torso he cursed them, his dying energy spent upon those words. Meanwhile, Elana watched in dread as they shoved his corpse aside. Rough hands grabbed her from her cage and tossed her against the post. Her hands shackled above her, as she cried and screamed. The Count had made a deal with the Vistani, they were protected in his lands, and they gave him information.. Elana was Zvitiro for the Zarovan, she begged them not to kill her.

Her plea was answered, but not how she wanted. A powerful warrior drew his weapon commanding them to stop, not to harm her. The Corporal ordered his men to proceed, some guards drew their weapon against the man. Elana struggled against the post as Rand began to attack the guards. Fifteen men and women fell to his skilled blade. Such a pity that his attempt to protect the half vistana would accomplish naught.

Recovering from the slaughter, Elana was quickly taken into the jail, along with all those who had witnessed Rands massacre. The cells were full that night, fuller than the guards had seen. Yet, they all had to be questioned, it was going to be a long night for them, and the start of Elanas jail time.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 06:09:56 PM by ladylena »
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2016, 11:29:18 AM »

One by one the outlanders were called in for questioning, eventually leaving Elana the sole occupant of the detention cells. She felt weak, shaking in the cell, as she sat on its cold stone floor. Her hands were bound, and she knew she would not be released like the others. Hours passed as she stared blankly at the wall, when suddenly she heard the door open. It was the Captain of the guards.

He was kind to her, she could see that it pained him to have her punished for trying to save lives. Yet, he was bound by duty, and told her as much. The Countess had claimed that she trespassed, and that was a death sentence. There was nothing the man could do to stop it, and he asked to listen to her story.

"I wanted nothing more than to stop the headless rider from taking more lives. So, myself and the Anchorite set to head to the Castle to ask the Countess for her help. The legend of the rider claimed that his head was once taken to there, I had hoped she might know something about it. I had hoped that she truly cared about her people, like her actions had shown. I was wrong.

When we arrived there, we knocked at the gate, and waited. After some time, two guards came and asked us our business and names, then bid us to follow them up to the castle. We did not trespass, we were told to follow those guards. We had told them about the legend and that we sought the aid of the Countess to help her people. When we were finally at the castle, they told us to wait in the entry way.

We had arrived around noon, and the hours slowly passed by. Soon it was night, and a few hours into the night the guard reappeared. The Anchorite had fallen asleep by this point, and so it was just me who was taken to see her. Had I known what I know now, I never would of knocked.

Anyway, the guard led me to the dinning hall, Lyssa was seated with five other women. She asked me why I had come, and I told her. I told her about the legend and the riders head, the woman laughed at me, calling it just a story, she didn't care that her people were dying. But, I tried, and looking as esxhausted as I was, I was bid to join her for dinner. I did not dare refuse her, for fear of what would happen if I did.

I sat between two of her guests, and as the Countess raised her glass in a toast, I picked up the goblet infront of me. Whatever it was, a tiny little sip was all it took. I remember the women giggling, a sudden feeling of lust, pleasure and pain, then it all went black. I came to in that cage. Nearly naked and covered in a multitude of vampire bites. I'm sure you know the rest...
"

The Captain nodded and promised her that she would die well, that it would be swift, and painless. What an empty promise it was. Come morning she was informed of the Countess' decree that the deal with Strahd and the Vistani was no more. There was no more protection for them, Elana knew she would never see the light of day again. She was afraid as they led her through the town, and towards the gallows.

She begged and pleaded with them not to kill her, afraid that action would cause a war between Barovia and the Vistani. Yet, she believed that this was the kinder fate, for surely the wrath of Madame Eva would be far worse than death. Fear took her as the noose was tightened around her neck, and tears flowed freely from her dark brown eyes. This was it, this was her end. All she had done, all the risk she took, was to save people, and she told the Barovian and outlander alike that. She made it clear that they were killing an innocent woman who only wanted to save them.

Shackled and with the noose around her neck, there was little she could do when Rin appeared to try to save her. As if she were cursed, things went awry. Rin became a murderer, entirely by accident. She hadn't entirely seen it through her tear fogged vision, but she heard it.

"Wait stop! I never meant to harm anyone!" The old man cried out. Elana was raw with emotion she screamed for salvation, and when it became clear that she was not to saved, she uttered a curse to the dark powers that ruled the land. She begged for them all to die at the hand of the horseman. She screamed the curse in Patterna. She begged them to kill her, to end her life, to save her from the Raunies wrath.

Well, she got what she asked for. The fat corporal, now seargent, pierced her neck with his sword. All that came from Elanas lips was a bloody gurgle. Blood flowed down her nearly naked form, pooling at her feet until she hung, by the noose, limp and dead. This was her end, or so she thought.

A kind man, who knew her attempt was pure, stole her corpse away from the Charnel house. At great risk to himself. He carried her cold, lifeless body far from Vallaki, all the way to the Tser Pool, when a miracle happened.

Her body became warm, hot, he had to set her down. Suddenly, an unearthly scream erupted from her as the ground became red like fire, and she began to move. In a panic, Elana crawled away from the scorched ground, incredibly confused. She wasn't the only one confused that night. It truly was a miracle, she lived again, not a single prayer was uttered, and all her belongings were returned. She couldn't explain what had happened, neither could Kian.

That night she left Barovia, weakened, confused, but alive. She was not the same though. Her execution chilled her heart, and a hatred began grow. She wanted nothing but to save people, to stop the headless rider from killing, but her attempt to help was met with hostility and cruelty.

That day she learned just how cruel men can be.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 06:10:16 PM by ladylena »
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2016, 10:10:43 AM »
Time had passed and plans had failed. She had warned them all from the start that allowing that one in would be their demise. And it was. Oh how they had accused her of lacking loyalty to the organ, and, despite the words she spoke, they were right. Elana revered Vecna, just as she did Ezra. Both mortals who ascended to godhood. Quite a thing to strive for, but now all her end goals were in risk.

Luminita had spoken out the names of every cultist. For what reason, she didn't know. For the first time in ages, she knew true fear. A foolish thing to do when you worship a god of secrets, but such is the way of the world. If one can slander another, they will.

Elana was quickly growing to regret not heeding her mothers words. She should never of gotten herself involved in their affairs, she should of focused on her kin. After all, Elana was Zarovan, and welcomed within the tribe. So many things changed in one night, so much fear that she had hired a dragon man to be her guard. And as she sat in the field of black roses, thinking on her next moves, she could hear Gastel laughing.

"Oh Elana my dear pet. You need to learn to act faster, and not wait for lessers to give orders. You are so much better than that. You have the blood of royalty in your veins, and the blood of the most powerful Vistani tasque! It is high time you stopped acting like a fool, that mask is no longer serving you."

"I know Gastel. For once, I agree with you. Pretending to be good, pretending to be naive and stupid. Telling people what they want to hear over what is. Time to change all of that. It is high time I started acting like the woman I am. I am Zarovan." She said proudly, her voice echoing in cold night.

"Well my pet, you'll need all the power you can muster. Especially if you want to save your people. You've got some tough choices ahead of you dear. Perhaps it's time I reveal to you a ritual for the power you seek."

"Perhaps it is. At the very least it is high time I stopped being so stupidly afraid. I am so much more than they realize. So very much more." She stood up, tearing her gaze away from the obelisk infront of her. It was time she revealed her true self.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2016, 03:04:32 AM »

So many people had threatened her for a bounty that was never meant to exist. For information that should of stayed secret. Such a mess she found herself in, that she felt obliged to hire a bodyguard. The good people could only offer so much help and protection, but the man she hired would become more than just a guard. There was much she could learn from him. Much he could teach her, much that he would teach her.

She needed to learn more about herself before she would have the power she desired. By doing that, it meant she would have to embrace both sides of her blood line. The Barovian Nobility, and that of the Zarovan. Blood and Mist. With that information came the dawning about her scrying. She would call upon the mists of time to part ways, while her blood would mingle with that of which she scryd. Her blood held power, and her Vistani liniage would prove to hold even more secrets.

It was said that all Vistani power stems from the Zarovan. The other tasques believe they direct it, and can cut it off. Of course Elana only knew the legends and stories about her family. For they had kept the little outcast far away from their secrets and truths. They were not things a Giomoto should know, but that had since changed. She was now welcome within the family.

"You are Zarovan. Act like it."

Uncle Zsoci had told her when they conversed over Tser falls. Although she would not show it, hearing those three words "You are Zarovan" meant more to the little half breed than anything. Especially from the man who seemed furious when Madame Eva welcomed her.

A different path was starting for Elana. A path of power, danger, and risk. It was time to shed the guise of the naive little foolish girl. It had served its time, and now, that time was long gone. When people seek your very life, you must adapt, and grow. There was indeed great power within her, Elana would just need to figure it out.

She knew what she had to do. Within the mists she must find means to delve inside herself like never before. She must uncover her hidden and suppressed abilities, learn her connection with the mists. For to achieve her goals she would require an understanding of herself that she never had. Secrets within herself that perhaps the Vistani hoped she'd never learn.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 03:06:33 AM by ladylena »
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2016, 03:09:34 PM »
A date? I don't think I have ever been on a date. Not sure I want to. Even now trouble lingers near those I'm close to. On the other hand, that dream I had those months ago.. Perhaps I should try to recall more details about that ritual.

E.V.Z
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2016, 04:27:54 PM »
"Be my wife! We can lead this caravan together."

"A home, a family. Have you ever had that Elana?"

She paused to think, no she hadn't, and this was the very thing she wanted, right?

To lead a Caravan, forge a place for her own in the world. To show them that Half Breeds were just as good as the rest of them. But something didn't feel right about this. It felt far too good to be real. An illusion of the 'Powers' perhaps? Or maybe it was real. So many possible reasons raced through her mind. She wanted to believe it was real, after all, it would be her dream come true. But what price would she have to pay to lead this ragtag caravan in this "pocket" called La Valea Perdiut.

Perhaps it was Vadomas way of telling Elana she was still a half-breed. Still 'unwanted'. Perhaps the Raunie thought to lure her away, stick her with the rest of her kind. The thought that it could be a cruel joke snuck into her thoughts. The 'what if' scenarios began to bloom. With the things she knew, and what she assumed, this could just be 'Them' tempting her.

All the possible scenarios filled the paranoid young womans mind. She had rules to follow, things to learn, questions to ask, and people to flee. Would it be so bad to abandon all of that, to run away from it. She wouldn't have to worry. They all seemed so happy there, except for the old man. Yuri was his name, and she recalled the Captain of the caravan quickly hushing him whenever he spoke of Elanas tribe. This action made her question things, clearly they knew more about her own tribe than she, and it bothered her quite a lot.

It was such a tempting offer. Everything she dreamed of, what was the down side? What was the price for such a thing? She knew there was always a price.

Every action and choice has consequences.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2016, 05:06:51 PM »
[Only a few lines can be read off this tear soaked page.]
Rin is dead. Closest thing I had to a father in the time I knew him. Rin, Benjamin, Rosella.. All the people I've cared about. Gone. Dead.

Dead.

[The rest of whatever was written here is blurred by tears.]
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2016, 11:11:29 AM »
[There is a sketch of a circle with an eight pointed star, the top is marked as 'N' and 'Earth'. The right most point was marked 'E' and 'Air'. The bottom point was labled as 'S' and 'Fire', and the final corner point was 'W' and 'water'. The other four points she had drawn small circles at each. Written beneath the picture was a brief elaboration on each point.]

draw a circle in blood, draw an 8 pointed star
East point: Air, place incense
"Spirits of the mists and air, I call upon thee"
West Point: Water, place cup of water
"Spirits of water, let my power flow"
North point: Earth, place grave dirt
"Spirits of the lands, strengthen my bond"
South Point: Fire, place candle
"Spirits of flame, ignite my inner fire"
Point 1: air, zircon
Point 2: earth, obsidian
Point 3: fire, Citrine
Point 4: water, lapis lazuli/moonstone
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2016, 12:09:54 PM »

"I don't care about the truth. I care about you."

Those were the words spoken by the Doctor as he left the room. Upset and with no desire to deal with the emotions bubbling up, Elana reached for what remained inside the bottle of Barovian wine. As she brought the bottle to her red lips she heard the annoying voice of Gastel from behind her.

"Oh now, since when do you get drunk, my little pet?"

With a snarl and a deep slug of the wine Elana replied, "I can get drunk if I want Gastel!"

The black, foot tall imp perched behind her on the chair, carassing her hair. "Oh Ela, my dear little Ela. Truth hurts don't it girl?" He said with a snarky chuckle. Far from pleased with the behaviour of her familiar, Elana swatted at him drunkenly as she gulped down more wine. She was beginning to understand why her uncle was a drunkard.

"Oh fiesty!" The imp cackled as he pulled the bottle from her hands. His tone swiftly became harsh and serious. "Listen here Elana. You need to start thinking for yourself. Make the people hunting you realize you are not prey.

"Become the Huntress you are. Stop being so afraid of the truth. You are not a good person girl."

With a bleak look, and a pathetic weakness, she dragged the bottle back towards her and took a long drink. "Fucking imp." She muttered.

"Embrace what you are. Stop being a stupid little air headed idiotic twit of a girl!"

"Get lost Gastel!" She bellowed at the tiny devilish creature infront of her.

"EMBRACE THAT NATURE WOMAN!"

"So help me Gastel I will rip your wings off despite the pain it causes me." Elana hissed in an icy cold, dangerous voice.

"Good, now we are getting somewhere. Stop caring about the rest of them. You can't do anything if you die. You know what you have to do Elana."

In silence Elana drained the bottle of wine.

"You're right you shit eating imp." Without warning or thought, the young half vistana threw the bottle at the black imp. Gastel merely grinned as he vanished, the bottle hitting the wall instead of him.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2016, 03:25:49 PM »
[Angry scribbles cover the writing.]
[There is a sketch of a circle with an eight pointed star, the top is marked as 'N' and 'Earth'. The right most point was marked 'E' and 'Air'. The bottom point was labled as 'S' and 'Fire', and the final corner point was 'W' and 'water'. The other four points she had drawn small circles at each. Written beneath the picture was a brief elaboration on each point.]

draw a circle in blood, draw an 8 pointed star
East point: Air, place incense
"Spirits of the mists and air, I call upon thee"
West Point: Water, place cup of water
"Spirits of water, let my power flow"
North point: Earth, place grave dirt
"Spirits of the lands, strengthen my bond"
South Point: Fire, place candle
"Spirits of flame, ignite my inner fire"
Point 1: air, zircon
Point 2: earth, obsidian
Point 3: fire, Citrine
Point 4: water, lapis lazuli/moonstone

What a waste of time and effort. I guess I should trust Gastel more when he tells me about rituals. There is one he was pressing for ages. I should gather the needed items.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan