Author Topic: 'Wind Fan' Item Pricing/Distribution Bug  (Read 2303 times)

Grendlykins, Simp of Azalin Rex

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
'Wind Fan' Item Pricing/Distribution Bug
« on: October 27, 2015, 02:35:13 AM »
Ran across a 'Wind Fan' for sale from Petre for 1 GP, examining the object rates it as worth between 1-3 GP. Item in question identifies as made by Xanthus, the Darkonian Wizard. Retains 7 charges of Gust of Wind on it. Not sure if this is one of the new items or just a really old one that cropped up with the wrong vendor prices.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 06:26:20 AM by Grendel »

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
Re: Inappropriate Item Pricing
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 06:09:50 AM »
Just found another in the loot tables, same issue. 1-3 GP worth, has 7 charges of Gust of Wind on it.

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
Re: Inappropriate Item Pricing
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 06:24:14 AM »
Yet another bug concerning the 'Wind Fan' item. Not sure if this is due to it's low price but it's now appearing in the lowest possible spawn loot for dungeons. Found one in the Catacombs under the ML Temple on minimum spawn. Not sure if that's intentional or not.

Edit: Done a round of the Catacombs and already found three of these buggers. Definitely wrong.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 06:26:49 AM by Grendel »

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: 'Wind Fan' Item Pricing/Distribution Bug
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 06:31:03 AM »
The new items have not been added yet. This is something else. I'll double check the wind fan settings in the mod and correct any problems I find.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 06:37:03 AM »
Alright then. Haven't seen these before so assumed they were brand spanking new. After clearing the entire first floor I found a total of six of these little buggers, each with a vendor price of 1-3 gp and 7 charges of Gusts of Wind. Reminds me of the Flame Candles a little in their disturbing frequency of appearance.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 07:05:28 AM »
I double checked the settings and it does not seem to be a problem. This is not a bug. There value is very low to start with and it is normal they'd drop in this dungeon. It was just your lucky day to find so many wind fans in so short a time. The selling price you rapport seems accurate. It is the "no damage" property which makes the items value so low.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 07:07:51 AM by MAB77 »
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2015, 08:24:04 PM »
Well considering that at the moment I have 36 Wind Fans in my inventory after just two quick clears of the first floor of the Catacombs, I think their frequency of appearance is a bit too high. Not to mention that a highly magical item with seven charges of Gust of Wind on it really shouldn't be 1-3 gp. I'd think it would be at least 100 gp in value. But if it's working as intended, fair enough. Might want to consider tweaking the droprate for them though.

Vasile

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2015, 08:31:03 PM »
I can say that I have never found a wind fan in the ML crypts before, and when I have found them else where they sold for far more than 1gp. 200-300gp with a decent appraise? I have sold one very recently, but it was before the hak updates.

I'd say they're bugged somehow. It's either that or the effective level of Gust of Wind on that item was lowered. It used to be either level 10, or 15. It was higher than the level you acquired the spell as a wizard at least. I'd say that even if the level was reduced on the spell that still shouldn't make it sell for or cost 1gp. Right?

« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 08:33:54 PM by Vasile »

DM Brimstone

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2015, 10:08:31 PM »
I can say that I have never found a wind fan in the ML crypts before, and when I have found them else where they sold for far more than 1gp. 200-300gp with a decent appraise? I have sold one very recently, but it was before the hak updates.

I'd say they're bugged somehow. It's either that or the effective level of Gust of Wind on that item was lowered. It used to be either level 10, or 15. It was higher than the level you acquired the spell as a wizard at least. I'd say that even if the level was reduced on the spell that still shouldn't make it sell for or cost 1gp. Right?

Gust of wind is now a 2nd level spell. Prior to the Hak it was a 3rd level spell.  This may be contributing to the change in price on the item.

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2015, 10:24:17 PM »

Gust of wind is now a 2nd level spell. Prior to the Hak it was a 3rd level spell.  This may be contributing to the change in price on the item.
Yup, that'll do it. Not really a bug, just need to adjust the item somehow -- I'll probably make it use less charges to cast the spell.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002