You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: New starting vistani camp  (Read 5665 times)

Time_Stomped

• Undead Master
New starting vistani camp
« on: October 21, 2015, 06:30:24 AM »
its not really clear where to go to the other part of the town, like I took the mist way and ran into death attack mobs.  This is terrible.  Why would you create a mist area passage so dangerous next to the noob area?  I just went from noob area to check things out.

Immediately after there is a vote for resetting.
Yes 5 No 4 --- 4.
Well that's definitely a retirement.
Istavan Donner

emptyanima

• Making & Breaking Characters Since May 2013
  • Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Dark Power
  • She Who Slays Dragons
    • Emptyanima Portrait Pack
Re: New starting vistani camp
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 07:11:37 AM »
I imagine you're speaking of the Mist Camp, which is a higher-level hub for crafting/mercantile business.

I'm sorry that happened, the mist mobs can be blooming scary. If you screen-capped your losses you'll probably get them back if you ask a DM.

Time_Stomped

• Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 07:31:37 AM »
no not that camp
Istavan Donner

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 07:32:27 AM »
Ah yeah, the Mist Camp is actually intended for higher levels. Low levels shouldn't find themselves there, except during a NCE if they predate the NCE event.

emptyanima

• Making & Breaking Characters Since May 2013
  • Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Dark Power
  • She Who Slays Dragons
    • Emptyanima Portrait Pack
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 07:37:04 AM »
Not that camp? That's odd, I believe if you run into the mistway at the Vistani camp, it just spits you back out again.

Time_Stomped

• Undead Master
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 08:19:09 AM »
one of them does, but anyway i have no idea why 6 level would have faction start there, if i did

the one where you can give 100 for a fortune for seeking treasure and they tell you they got nothing
Istavan Donner

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 08:25:40 AM »
That sounds like the mist camp

Time_Stomped

• Undead Master
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 08:53:32 AM »
apparently it is, as to why the character got assigned to it--- it must have been defaulted on by the nces
Istavan Donner

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 09:54:42 AM »
You'll be ported to the Mist Camp instead of the Vallaki Vistani Camp if you go linkdead in

The Vallaki Sewers
Balinok mountains
Anywhere past the Mist Border by Castle Ravenloft

There are others, as well... I just can't think of them all right now.
: )

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2015, 10:01:45 AM »
Also, it will revert back to the Vallaki Vistani camp if you return and rest there.

Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Time_Stomped

• Undead Master
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2015, 10:27:39 PM »
walking back is a CR level high to kill them for low level fighters with no supplies that should have stayed in the noobland
Istavan Donner

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2015, 10:28:55 PM »
walking back is a CR level high to kill them for low level fighters with no supplies that should have stayed in the noobland

Never underestimate the power of lowbies... and their tanasity to survive! hehe

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

Merry Munchkin

• Dark Lord
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2015, 10:35:56 PM »

If you were able to make it to Mist Camp in the first place, shouldn't you be able to make it back to Vallaki?  After all, the spawn between the two points is the same regardless of which direction you are walking.

Burleigh Burrowell - RIP

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2015, 10:42:36 PM »

Yeah, how did you even get there? If you got there, you can get back. If you had to have others take you there, RP and find someone to take you back.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2015, 11:18:24 PM »

Yeah, how did you even get there? If you got there, you can get back. If you had to have others take you there, RP and find someone to take you back.

Like I said earlier, if he went LD in the sewers, or if he logged out anywhere in the Balinoks (including Krofburg) before a server reset, he'll be teleported and/or have his safe login area changed to Tser Pool instead of to the Vallaki Vistani Camp.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 11:20:10 PM by BahamutZ3RO »

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2015, 11:21:48 PM »
Like I said earlier, if he went LD in the sewers, or if he logged out anywhere in the Balinoks (including Krofburg) before a server reset, he'll be teleported and or have his safe login area changed to Tser Pool instead of to the Vallaki Vistani Camp.

The wall of mist (with the elixirs) is supposed to be the point of transition from the Outskirts camp to Tser Pool. If it is happening anywhere short of that transition, it is not working correctly.

DrXavierTColtrane

• Dark Lord
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2015, 11:24:59 PM »
Time_Stomped: It sounds like you're describing something that happened to me after only a very short time here. A couple of other newbies and I decided we wanted to explore the great big world and went in search of the Village of Barovia and then the Port. Of course we found we were over-matched and had a terrible struggle getting there. We also had a similar hard time getting back and were so relieved to be in Vallaki again that we immediately sighed and logged out.

When we logged back in, our "Faction Base" lo and behold had been changed to the Mist Camp, rather than the Vistani Camp. (This may have since been amended or it may not always work that way.) We had to make our way back a second time because we didn't realize our faction base had been changed until we were already in.

Not fun. Once we made it the second time I prayed at that Ezra Shrine because I wanted 100 percent to be sure it wouldn't do it to me again at the next login.

(I don't think, BTW, that the challenges are exactly the same going both directions because getting past the mage ogres IMO is more difficult coming from Barovia than coming from Vallaki because of how they are positioned. Sometimes they are virtually in the transition when you come from Barovia.)

Be that as it may, really, what worked for us was simply to travel in daylight and run as hard as we could, especially if you're a fighter. The ogres at the narrow squeeze or whatever it is, I've stealthed by, but I don't know if a fighter can. You'll probably get hit, but it is possible to keep running and be okay. Then rest up at one of the safe places along the way like Midway Haven.

It's not a fun journey for a low level, though, and I still run most of the time when I'm going through there. If you have access to a potion of cowardice, it's a lifesaver.
For everything that's lovely is
But a brief, dreamy, kind delight.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2015, 11:32:45 PM »
Like I said earlier, if he went LD in the sewers, or if he logged out anywhere in the Balinoks (including Krofburg) before a server reset, he'll be teleported and or have his safe login area changed to Tser Pool instead of to the Vallaki Vistani Camp.

The wall of mist (with the elixirs) is supposed to be the point of transition from the Outskirts camp to Tser Pool. If it is happening anywhere short of that transition, it is not working correctly.

It's been like that as long as I can remember. I don't recall the exact area where it starts doing it, but any time you go up the Balinoks the game considers you as past the mist wall. And the Vallaki sewers are even worse, if you LD down there for 15 minutes the teleport script kicks in and sends you all the way to Tser Pool. Most frustrating thing ever for a low level Caliban.

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2015, 11:51:25 PM »
I've logged in the sewers before, multiple very recently actually, and been ported to the Vistani camp outside Vallaki. Maybe it's certain area's in the sewers that this happens?
Eilithar Cael'aera | Eowaril | Rowan Tallstag | Tobias Loarca | Kiiren Josivir

Time_Stomped

• Undead Master
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2015, 04:29:28 AM »
well, that doesn't sound very good
Istavan Donner

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2015, 11:13:24 AM »

Mcnastea most likely got ported because some parts of the sewers is considered a dungeon. when you log out in some dungeons you get ported to your last safe location? I think it was... mostly where the nearest vistani wagon is.. be it teser.. valiki camp... Hazlan... that one zone in the desert with the wagon...And so on. It is to you don't get ganked by mobs logging back in if they respawned.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2015, 01:45:01 PM »

Mcnastea most likely got ported because some parts of the sewers is considered a dungeon. when you log out in some dungeons you get ported to your last safe location? I think it was... mostly where the nearest vistani wagon is.. be it teser.. valiki camp... Hazlan... that one zone in the desert with the wagon...And so on. It is to you don't get ganked by mobs logging back in if they respawned.

That's a good point, Syl--anyone who got ported to Tser Pool should consider whether it was the last 'safe' zone in which they rested.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2015, 01:56:55 PM »

That's a good point, Syl--anyone who got ported to Tser Pool should consider whether it was the last 'safe' zone in which they rested.

Actually some probably didn't even grest in Tser.. I'm not interily sure HOW it is set up.. but say your last rest was.. Port and the Hotel. but you go to Village of Barovia and run wererats... you log out in the dungeon.. it will still port you to Tser.. I might be explaining it wrong... it's odd like that.. I think it ports you to your nearest Vistani wagon depending on your location.. Again back to the whole post I put above.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2015, 01:58:01 PM »
I probably put more into that then I should have... I tend to have a hard time explaining what I mean at times. Soo.. hopefully that was understandable to some degree.