You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: xp in the Lady's Rest inn.  (Read 1187 times)

SanneJ

• Undead Slayer
xp in the Lady's Rest inn.
« on: October 19, 2015, 03:42:10 PM »
Just made lvl 10 for the first time (whoop!) and I was having a conversation in the Lady's Rest, when I got the message that because my lvl is to high that the xp I would receive would be lowered.
This is very strange to me, I think it should not matter what lvl you are when you're just talking (no matter to who) it's not like you learn less.
I get that the original idea was to have characters of other lvl's on other sites, but most places are deserted and a lot of people start or hangs around at the lady's.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 06:22:39 PM by SanneJ »
Merrum Twind: Sticking his nose where it doesn't belong for the greater good!
Ragnhild “the Snarling” Snarrigson: (aspirant) Shield of Dvergehiem.

Syl

• Dark Power
Re: xp in the Lady's Rest inn.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 03:46:06 PM »
This was implimented a long time ago. You get reduced exp at level 10 and up in certain places near Valiki since it is a relativly low level area... That being said. you can get normal exp since it takes all the levels of those in the area and creates an average... Thus if you have 3 high levels there and only those three on the map...you should get normal exp.

If you wish for more exp.. try moving the conversation to say.. Broken bell.. or another inn thats Inside the city.

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

SanneJ

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 06:18:29 PM »
Thanks for the info. I'm not looking for a way around it, but I just thought it strange and maybe a good thing to chance.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 06:21:36 PM by SanneJ »
Merrum Twind: Sticking his nose where it doesn't belong for the greater good!
Ragnhild “the Snarling” Snarrigson: (aspirant) Shield of Dvergehiem.

DM Nocturne

• Sanguis Noctis
  • Dark Power
  • Vampires don't do dishes
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 06:51:00 PM »
You will earn less roleplay experience in areas where your character's level is higher than the the average level of characters recorded to have entered that area.

- What Syl said.