Author Topic: Herbs  (Read 3532 times)

--GlamRock--

• Undead Master
Herbs
« on: October 08, 2015, 02:47:22 PM »
Not sure if it's a bug. But according to the Changelog new herbs should have spawned outside Barovia, while I found them in the area surrounding the Village of Barovia, and, de facto, replacing all the other previous native herbs? Was this meant to be like this?
https://www.facebook.com/CiaranII

(Being drunk partially legitimates you as a philosopher - someone you wouldn't expect!)

--GlamRock--

• Undead Master
Re: Herbs
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 02:52:47 PM »
I may add old herbs somehow give unexpected new (bad) results too. Since nothing was told about nerfing or changing herbalism to the core of the craft, I reckon there may be some bug at work.

(Being drunk partially legitimates you as a philosopher - someone you wouldn't expect!)

Master Librarian

• Church of Ezra - Inquisition
  • Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 02:57:36 PM »
Is it an intended feature for a combination of woundwart & viccar's cap to now produce a light healing potion, even though single herb of each type would produce the same?
Edit: Nevermind that. I've repeated the process, and for some reason, it now works accordingly. No idea what happened the first time, but I've somehow lost an entire batch of both types of herbs and got light healing as a result.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 03:03:59 PM by Master Librarian »
Characters:

Jacques Martel - Erudite Inquisitor
Sigrin Leafare - Warder of Arvoreen

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 03:18:47 PM »
Not sure if it's a bug. But according to the Changelog new herbs should have spawned outside Barovia, while I found them in the area surrounding the Village of Barovia, and, de facto, replacing all the other previous native herbs? Was this meant to be like this?

Actually, the changelog was slightly wrong in the way that areas east of Svalich Pass (that's usually considered the "high level" zone) also contains new herbs. :)

I may add old herbs somehow give unexpected new (bad) results too. Since nothing was told about nerfing or changing herbalism to the core of the craft, I reckon there may be some bug at work.

Can you provide more details? Please be as specific as possible so we can track it down.

Is it an intended feature for a combination of woundwart & viccar's cap to now produce a light healing potion, even though single herb of each type would produce the same?
Edit: Nevermind that. I've repeated the process, and for some reason, it now works accordingly. No idea what happened the first time, but I've somehow lost an entire batch of both types of herbs and got light healing as a result.

Strange, please make sure to report it if you encounter that issue again.

--GlamRock--

• Undead Master
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 12:48:08 AM »
What I could notice, furthermore, is that the type of herbs which used to spawn in those areas have been completely replaced by the new ones. Is this intended too?

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 01:23:03 AM »
based on what the herbs do and the herbs they replaced I believe the intent was to make it so that higher level players don't need to travel to low level areas and raid places in order to make certain potions. So I think that, yes it was intended, but that because of what you can make with them it really doesn't matter and will actually make things easier.
Tobias Loarca | Braern Delsaryn | Anwar

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 06:16:39 AM »
My new herbs don't want to go in Herbalist Bags. Lurid Mildew and Kick-the-Pail, and the bags are from Djordji in the mist camp.

I get: "ERROR: The targeted ingredient does not match this container."

I made sure the bags were empty, tried dropping/picking up the herbs and the bags again; still no worky.

They are otherwise a lovely addition, and I'm very happy with them.

--GlamRock--

• Undead Master
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 10:45:11 AM »
Spring verpa's weight is 0.3 instead of the usual 0.1 for other herbs.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2015, 10:50:55 AM »

*whistles innocently*

Nightmare

• Squatbold
  • Dark Lord
  • Reality Unhinged
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2015, 12:40:06 PM »

*whistles innocently*

And so it begins again, a new era of the EO breaking all things. Dark times once more shadow these good and righteous folk.

EOOOOOOOOO!!

:P
"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." - H.P. Lovecraft

Song of Danta

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2015, 11:12:51 AM »
The new herbs can still not be put into pouches.

Merry Munchkin

• Dark Lord
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2015, 12:08:07 PM »
I am not sure if this is intended, but I have noticed that current crafted potions don't always stack with older crafted potions.  It isn't a huge deal, since the old ones will all be used up eventually, but I specifically noticed it with greater barkskin and negative protection. 

Burleigh Burrowell - RIP

modderpunk

• Developers
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2015, 12:18:30 PM »
As far as i understood that is intentional. The new crafted potions should be stackable with the loot table potions however.

- Made most herbalism potions use default templates (notice that this will prevent new potions from stacking to potions made prior to this update.)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 12:23:35 PM by modderpunk »

Building out off the mists

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2015, 02:36:08 PM »

Please forgive me, inventory.
Tobias Loarca | Braern Delsaryn | Anwar

Song of Danta

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2015, 08:41:44 AM »
Now that the herbs can be put into pouches...
Herb combinations from the new selection (at least the restorative ones) don't seem to be registering any more (with all four in the cauldron).
Woodruff produces one curative. Kick-the-Pail produces one antidote.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2015, 09:03:03 AM »
Now that the herbs can be put into pouches...
Herb combinations from the new selection (at least the restorative ones) don't seem to be registering any more (with all four in the cauldron).
Woodruff produces one curative. Kick-the-Pail produces one antidote.

This is not a bug. Conditions to create certain potions and some receipies have changed to address some game balancing issues. Remember the new herbs are in a test phase. More changes are still possible.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.