You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Vallaki - Government District - Citadel  (Read 47673 times)

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
Vallaki - Government District - Citadel
« on: September 20, 2006, 12:28:18 AM »
...Rumors of preparations for the upcoming ceremony have begun to honor the late guard and city hero Cosmin Dobre- guards friends and families should attend this ceremony due for a few weeks, marking the second year of his tragic departure in the mysterious affair none wishes to speak of- ceremony will be held at the Sanctuary of the Coming Dawn-graveyard, in the outskirts...

« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 03:53:41 AM by Bastellus »

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
Re: Citadel - Government District - Gossip
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 06:55:09 PM »
..Talks about the Vallaki guard needing more effectives can be heard around the citadel- many guards seem on the edge due to recent disapearances- some claim were the doings of deranged beasts from the sewage...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 01:02:38 AM by Eraldur »

ReapermanAUS

• Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 07:25:53 PM »
Gossip in Blue water about Government District "Two rather well off Nobles were Found Murdered both were killed it seems by daggers of a strange type and all blood was drained from their bodies, this apparently happened just after the gaurds left their posts for the night their bodies were discovered in the morning and rats had also dined on the victims by this time it was grusome"
Sarn l' olath alu fotus ulu l' isto phor lu' Ssuth l' cress d' ulnen, Ji quarthen l' Orbdrinus Senger.

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 01:12:29 AM »
City Hall...

..Word has reached around the Citadel that wealthy entrepreneur Armand LeBarthe is trying to be involved with the upcoming Barovian Liberation day festival- talks about a project of never seen before grandeur are echoed around the walls- in response to the late acts of defiance to Stradh Von Zarovich rule- word has it Stoneworkers, sculptors and artists are invited to seek LeBarthe in the Blue Water inn...

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 02:54:05 AM »
..Word has reached city hall and all around the citadel about the attack on the church of Ezra- everywhere the talk and concerns seem to be directed at Svari Ionelus- ''Is he well''? - ''What will the Burgomeister do about it''?- ''Rumors and hushed whispers, speculations of witch hunts are heard from the mouthing peasants...

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 03:25:04 PM »
...Rumors of a Ball of Nobilty is whispered around the Citadel amongst influential people, many names are hushedly spoken, speculations of the invitees; amonst them wealthy Mordentish Arthur Rowley, and nobles of influence, muttered speculations of the attendance of other known figures such as Armand LeBarthe are also being discussed; the Topic at the tip of some tongue's are: the revitalization of Vallaki and the current unfortunate events at the noble's district.

Angered whispers regarding the current events at the Noble's district can also be heard from the mouth of the outraged nobles grimacing from the stench.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 03:27:09 PM by Eraldur »

Maryn

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 09:50:57 PM »
The guards joke to each other about the prostitute Madison O'Reilly....

"Aye, brought in just yesterday....  hasnt stopped hollering since!  That ones got some spirit to be sure!" one says with a chuckle.

She hears his words, and goes off on her rant again,

"You fools!! Do you know who I am?!?!  Your all going to be fired!!!  Do you hear me?!! Fired!!!" she continues to shriek angrily down the hall, and then screams as a rat tries to bite her expensive boot.

"Shutup whore," they answer.... "Your time for sentencing will come."

"oooooouuugh!" she yells stomping her foot.  " Stop calling me that!! My name, is Madison, and its Ms O'Reilly to -you- lot!  you dont know who your messing with!!  You just -wait-!!!"

They laugh, and she continues to scream obscenities at them only stopping when her voice goes out.

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 10:00:17 PM »
Rumors speak of the Wolfman being finally burnt in the middle of the Night, few assisted to the burning which occured quietly and without too much ruckus in front of the Citadel.

Rumors speak of increased watch over the Citadel's walls, some mention several squads of Night patrol being particularly active that night.

GoldenProphet

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 10:44:40 AM »
::Nobles and Peasants alike whisper about the Female Corporal marching through the city seeking outlander and native alike. Parchment in hand, she is seen by locals and outlanders giving court orders to certain folk both of Outlander origin and native. Her last stop a courier, she pays a young man to deliver two orders to a Mrs. Donovan and Mrs. Jaceon::

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 06:23:53 PM »
Whispers and laughs abound around the Citadel and Goverment district as it is whispered that a mute halfling has tried repeatdly to speak to someone about joining the Valiki guard. Though this halfling is seen laughed and shunned by her requests she remains admint every time in asking.

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 06:33:26 PM »
Sargent Roland Zeluf is sarcely seen in public anymore, working double shift in the prison. He whistles at his job like a guy that likes it.

Stela Cojocaru - barovian snake
Crina Ovidiu - barovian guard

Iconoclast

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2007, 06:55:52 PM »

Throughout one of the coldest days in March, after the rumor that a rebel had been captured and was being held within the Citadel became common knowledge, some within the peasantry begin anxiously asking militia men when they can expect the execution to take place.  Those most anxious to see the rebel’s neck snap are those who have lost loved ones over the years of ethnic bloodshed.  Some among the Barovians demand that they be given the right to cast stones at the Gundarakite on his death march.  Some argue that the man should be humiliated and then hung before his family, and before all the Gundarakite youth to set an example.     

The Gundarakite families who live in Vallaki quietly go about their business, doing their best to avoid any attention from the Barovians, especially those families with ties to the militia.  The long drawn out winter is hard enough on Vallaki’s second class citizens, the scorn of Barovians.  For some Gundarakites, they dread for their own safety more than anything else anytime a rebel is captured.  For other Gundarakites though, behind locked doors, and only among family, do they celebrate, dance, and sing to pay homage to a fallen hero.  As for outlanders, how the Gundarakites feel about the impending execution of a freedom fighter, or a rebel, depending on your politics or ethics, can only be known by those in the strictest of confidence. 

Iconoclast

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 07:18:46 PM »
Rumor has it that the Romulich's have reported a cow having been stolen from their barn on the night of September the 19th. 

Corvus

• DM & DEV
  • Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 04:43:23 AM »
There seems to be an unusuall amount of acitivity around the citadel. Soldiers are drilling and the smith's seems to work dubble the amount. After several days the vallakians starts to whisper to each other about war. But who would we invande? One man asks. But who would invade us? Asks another. The Invidians, says an old woman.
Most people laugh at the idea of a war, saying nobody would dare to invade Barovia.
“It is better to die for Corvus, than live for yourself!".

Playing: Lothar Breitenfeldt, Rhavin, Vincent Lycastus, Erwin Reuenthal

hi-di-ho

• Dark Lord
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 12:32:58 PM »
A blue and silver clothed man walked from the city jail a few days ago, ever since then the jail floors and some walls have been getting steadily dirty with blood, dust, vomit and waste, as well as some guards and prisoners humming to themselves from time to time

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2007, 07:46:04 PM »
Movement and heavy footsteps resonate around the Citadel day and night; raw materials are led in and regular drills are held outside the colossal gates...

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2007, 09:22:50 PM »
Smoke rising could be seen at the Government district, high above the sky; the black cloud carried by the cold winds to distance; a burning took place, few guards clenched their jaws at the sight of an unfortunate witch burning...

eyeofpestilence

• Dark Power
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2007, 12:41:00 PM »
Plumes of black smoke drift from the smokestack in the citadel all hours of the day and well into the nights. It is said an outlander smith has been hired by the guards to assist in Barovia's time of need. Carts of ore, wooden poles and planks, and tanned leather are brought to the citadel at all hours. Those outlanders should learn to stay inside at night!

Thanks DW!

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 01:59:51 AM »
Word spread between the guards of Marius Manners being asked to present himself to the Citadel...

Kung Fu Orc

• Supreme Overlord
  • Dark Power
  • Alchoholics Incorperated
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2007, 02:49:03 PM »
A neat business styled letter is delivered to the secretary at the Citadel Burgomasters Office:

Cordially addressed to his Honor Burgomaster and others to whom it pertains-

I write to you representing the wishes of one Oleg Ilych Vespilarkov. Mr. Vespilarkov is, by trade, a hunter of wild game and a butcher who specializes in selling quality cuts of healthy meat. Recently displaced (like many outlanders), Mr. Vespilarkov is unique in that his only desire is to settle in Vallaki as any proper citizen and ply his trade peacefully and legally. Despite his challenges , he has expressed the desire to use one of the unclaimed stalls in the market place and aquire a liscence for the legal dispensation of his goods. I have undertaken to help him in this endeavor, as unfortunatly Mr. Vespilarkov is (despite his many other qualitie) a poor speaker and unaccustomed to the local tongue or trade languages as of yet.

I would most appreciate a response at your earlyest convenience and I can often be found at the Ladies Rest inn or other associated outlands.

Cordially,
Katalyn Schoppen

Daciana Varzaru- "If fate is a principle beyond Human comprehension which capriciously torments man, then it is karma that man confront fate with sorcery."

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2007, 11:21:57 PM »
The impaled head of Jerovich seems to be missing from its pike, observe the morning guards that dutied in front of the fountain...

Iconoclast

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Power
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2007, 12:31:59 PM »

Guards on duty outside the Citadel yesterday report witnessing a winged devil bursting from the citadel’s jails carrying a bloody tongue towards the grey clouds overhead.  Some report that just before a caliban could be questioned, an imp suddenly appeared in his cell and tore the caliban’s tongue out and barely escaped with the massive tongue in hand.

Jaguar

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2007, 02:09:30 PM »
A very blonde, whimsical fey was seen dragging an enormous bag after her through town, eventually dropping it by the citadel for the guards there. She handed the guards on duty a notice, on it someone had clumsily written.... :

"This is my s+uff.

K0lyun"

The bag contained various Vallaki guard equipment; a halberd, armour, clothing, a shield and a longsword.

// Was no one around. Dropped on the floor there.

It seemed the world was divided into good and bad people. The good ones slept better... while the bad ones seemed to enjoy the waking hours much more.
-Woody Allen

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2008, 05:12:18 AM »
Rumors runs among the guards returning from their day of rest, that old Petre Chomski was finally dead, the rumors spreading like dust that he broke his neck while attacking a scarecrow in a nearby field, drunk like a pig and smelling like one. A good soul grabbed his body and buried him deep enough so he's never heard about again. Some guards remembers serving him with pride and honor keeping quiet about it as others drink to his soul, may it burn in hell and his body rot to the worms.

Stela Cojocaru - barovian snake
Crina Ovidiu - barovian guard

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2008, 03:22:28 PM »
A young barovian girl of about 15 was seen approaching the citadel and entering the front jail area. The guards watched and looked her over carefully. The only things visablly on her that could even be remotely considered a weapon were a staff and a small satchel containing a scapal. Also on her were various bags of bandages and other medical supplies.

"Whatta ya want girl?" One of the guards said eyeing her learring.

the girl brushed a lock of hair from her face. "..I..I wanted to speak to someone of hte guard. To offer my services as a surgeon and healer." She said.

The guard gave a slight sour face. "..Ya one of those cultist healers?" He asked

The girl shook her head no firmly making her own sour face at the very notion." Nu uh sir, my mother Anica taught me how to treat wounds naturally, and make folks better. I do not use that cultist stuff. Makes the body weak if you ask me." She replied. "...If someone I could speak to is busy I'll come back later." She offered

"..Whats your name girly? So I can tell my superiors." The guard asked.

"Florence sir, Florence Chisca." She said. "I live out on the eastern farmlands with my father."

The guard nodded then motioned her on the way. With a curt bow she ambled out of the citadel.

"Nice backside eh?" One guard was overheard nudging the other. The other just grunted returning to his post then.