You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Vallaki - Nobles' District - The Blue Water Inn  (Read 20105 times)

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
Vallaki - Nobles' District - The Blue Water Inn
« on: September 19, 2006, 10:04:37 PM »
This is something I want to try out in order to have some key establishments in game to breathe more life. Post something you've heard, something the patrons and NPC's might have heard or done, etc...all that in order to have more persistancy...
It can be simple as one liners, something relevant NPC's might remember..
------------

....The harpist at the second floor has reported many screams coming from the ''LeBarthe'' suite while he was absent- it is said a woman and a man suffered an attempted murder...which also was confirmed by the guards- finds of witch related tomes and litterature were found- as well as Zetch tales..

When asked about it, some patrons reported having heard such screams, but most believed they were the result of a torrid night...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 01:02:38 PM by Deceit »

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
Re: The Blue Water Inn - Nobles' District - Gossip
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 10:07:07 PM »
The lady Kukri, tailor extraordinaire was seen entering her room with a well dressed elf, but something strange was about the man. He looked weak and slow and his skin was disturbingly peeling. And the man did not leave before the morning looking barely rested.

Stela Cojocaru - barovian snake
Crina Ovidiu - barovian guard

Ric

• <Insert pwnage innuendo>
  • Dark Power
  • The writer that keeps going ... And going ...
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 11:28:10 PM »
The frail, crusty-skin toned Zecht d' Selvarine was seen surrounded by several nobles near the fireplace in the Blue Water Inn, all seeming to ask questions on his insight in literature.  One particular subject that came to mind at this discusison was the peels of flesh slowly extracting themselves from his own complexion.  The still gaze of the elf focuesd on all of them, and his lips curved up to form a smile before he gave them the answer:  'Tis a rather harsh burn from the sun during the summer's end, good Sirs.

Before other nobles could question the elf further, he reached into his suit for a large sack of fangs.  "Twenty-five thousand in this pile, good Sirs."  Said Zecht, and he turned to face the inn-keeper.  "I would like to reserve this particular section of the inn to my company and I, Sir Inn-Keeper.  We have much to discuss, and so many interruptions following behind."  The Inn-Keeper did not bother to question the revered author and tailor's request, and so he took the money and asked the nearby guard to ward off the passing guests.

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 12:19:41 AM »
..It is said a strange man harbouring a red coat and conical hat has been seen on numerous occasions wander in the establishment, whispers speak of reknown witch hunter, ''Ivorn von Meisser'' - some say he's put more than thirty six alledged practicioners to the pyre in Krezk...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 12:37:05 AM by Eraldur »

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 01:42:48 AM »
A neatly folded blue dress was left in the elegant suite of the well knowned tailor Kukri, nothing fancy or frivelious but simple and pretty with a simple note pinned to it with the mention [For Mina, thank you for your good service.]

Maryn

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 06:49:08 PM »
The prostitute known as Madison is seen taking clients in the Blue Water Inn, as if she never left.  To anyone who frequents the inn more then occasionally, it is obvious she is working more then ever before.  She is seen working as long as from early evening, to late morning.  She seems to  leave only to deposit her money in the bank, then return to her room for a few hours precious sleep.

The maids gossip that they often hear the beautiful young woman cry herself to sleep.  As they change the sheets, they see her sit at the desk writing letters only to burn them immediently.   They attempt to discreetly read them before the flames devour them, but only catch the name at the top, "Tarth". They wonder to each other what could cause someone as well off as her so much pain. 
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 06:54:30 PM by Maryn/Madison »

crallbri

• Undead Master
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 12:29:37 PM »
Dawn brought with it a most treasured and unexpected prize this morning to the poor of Vallaki.  Laughter erupted through-out the seedy slums as the news spread.  For the first time in their lives, the noble’s district and those pea-cock snobs smelled far worse than the most miserable wretch.  The bawdy slums district, with its crumbling homes and leaky roofs, smelled like fresh flowers in comparison. 

The wind carried the stench of sewer water along the snow covered cobble.  Even the Burgomaster up high in the citadel was not spared from the stench. 

Fitting it was in the eyes of many.  The nobles made a profession out of masking and hiding the fact that they too shit, bleed, piss, and suffer along with the rest of the animals and peasants.

The Gundarakite could not keep from smiling.  The image of blue bloods in their fancy attire running mad through the flooded streets, slipping and wallowing in their own shit like swine was poetic justice.  Maybe they should dare to hope for better times. 

The Blue Water Inn, it was an uncanny sight.  Sewer rats were swimming through the front door to feast upon floating dinner food.  For the blue bloods, their world had been turned upside down in a flash flood of sewage waste.  Ladies, there to show off the latest trends, now stood waist high in sewer water riddled with disease, shit, piss, and other unrecognizable things.  Their dumbstruck faces said it all.  Tis’ the end of us all! 

Laugh as the poor may now, they knew there would be repercussions in days to come.  The blue bloods and their Devil Count take nothing more serious than their pocket books.  And the bank had been jacked, the vault raided as broken sewer pipes exploded below.   

For most in Barovia, they had never set foot once into the bank.  From season to season, winter to winter, they barely sustained their families.  Laugh as they may now, they knew they would be the ones to pay in the long haul.  The boyars would demand more no matter if there was not more to give.  But as they laughed amongst each other, there was one form of poverty they would be spared from; the poverty of spirit.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 12:34:18 PM by crallbri »

A little finger...went to the lipless lips...of the bone masked face...'shhh…' it whispered into the dead man’s ear."

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 12:25:01 PM »
Hushed whispers errupt in the gentlemen's salon regarding prostitute Madison, the subject is passed like a quiet secret from ear to ear, of the claimings to her health, some claim her infection could give for Caliban offsprings that 'she' is tainted, the few erruptions of leprous men bursting in the Blue Water inn seeking the whore's death have men particularly edgy.

Maryn

• Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 02:45:46 AM »
Despite rumors, the prostitute has lost only a handful of clients, and quickly replaced them with new ones.  She assures her clients that nothing is amiss in her health, and business seems to go on as usual.

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 09:05:28 AM »
Another wretched one errupted inside the Blue Water inn, it is said that upon being aprehended by the guards, the stenched man shouted the famous prostitute's name ''Madison'' threatening her life, before convulsing and -desintegrating- some speak that his remains were splattered across the dinning room while it was bustling with costumers. the stench of old death and fecal fermentation still fills the air and the whispers and rumors regarding the famous or infamous whore, continue...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 09:07:41 AM by Eraldur »

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 08:56:16 PM »
The elven tailor has come down from her suite, her hat under her arm and a big bag over her shoulder, gave her key to the desk and waved to all the nobles who gave her a dirty look, again. "Goodbye and it was a pleasure to work for you, knowing or unknowingly, you have all been great customers." Gave them the finger of honor and walked out the door.

Maryn

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 11:17:48 PM »
The noblemen and noblewoman alike gossip quietly that Madison O'Reilly has not been seen for weeks.  Finally, the innkeeper checks her room.  Many dresses, and outfits still hang in the wardrobe, and a few combs and hair peices are laid neatly next to the mirror.  It does not appear that she took her leave, due to the many personal items left, but where could she be?  He boxes everything and places it in his storage, believing that she will return as she always does. 
Some whisper that she was cursed, and it was a murder most foul.  Some who suspect kidnapping claim that she was a fair, sweet innocent girl, who only fell victim to an enemies vicious tongue. 
Several more weeks pass, and tainted or not, kidnapped or murdered, the mystery of the famous courtesan goes unsolved, and eventually pushed aside.

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 12:57:34 AM »
....Pushed aside as they seem to discuss about the upcoming event that will gather Vallaki's finest members, hushed whispers mention Arthur Rowley, the Romulich alike many other notorious family names are on the tip of everyone's tongues, finest wines and extra personel are seen preparing for the big evening...

Maamine

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2007, 03:12:12 AM »
To the suprise of the innkeeper, the bounty hunter Julia Colds was seen walking in to the arm of a young recruit guard of Vallaki, ate and drank of the finest as if money mattered little, whispered to each other and exchanged a few physical touch of soft nature only to be disturbed by a fey of heavy stature. People spoke of a miracle as the woman seemed to actually enjoy the evening.

--> A bill of 200fangs will be sent to the private Dalakis.

Truth

• Dark Lord
    • Myspace!
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2007, 08:29:34 PM »
Nobles whisper of strange and seemingly impossible rumors, that a witch has taken up residence in the Blue Water Inn.  Names and details of the nasty rumor are scarce and little is known, the source of this rumor seems to be a mystery too.  It seems little other than gossip picked up on the street, yet due to the seriousness of the rumor it's likely enough to have people on edge.
THE NATION THAT MAKES A GREAT DISTINCTION BETWEEN ITS SCHOLARS AND ITS WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS. -THUCYDIDES

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2007, 07:48:23 PM »
a letter is delivered to the bishop in mostly fine handwriting except for the name which reads simpely meri

Perhaps had your earlisest convincence you would perchance be able to meet with me. A return letter can be left floating about here and I shall pick it up

-Meri

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2007, 01:45:57 AM »
Nobles gossip in the gentleman's salon; about words of witchery directly concerning self proclaimed "Bishop" Cornelius Bellamorte; old manuscript by a local reporter is subject of talks, LeBarthe bemused drinks his spirits by the fire.

Quote from: Manuscript - 1 year old
Interview with his "Holyness Lordship Bishop Cornelius Bellamorte" : Jesters, titles and Outlander clowns.

"If I am to understand, you are here to give  a speech in this grand ball of fair and noble people who will in turn adress the imminent revitalization of our fair city of Vallaki, correct "Bishop"? [Readers note: Please forgive me, as I announced this article had a chuckling tone, I meant it, these 'Titles'' were amusing "His holyness" - "His Lordship Bishop", I beg of you, forgive this weak attempt at what might seem like a cheap humour column.] Vallaki needs to know of you, it has been longing to learn further about the men behind such generosity, a man undoubtedly playing a big role in this...event, your "Lordship" you've been good at eluding my interviews in the past, seems this Fraternity of The Black Rose and these "Knights" [Readers note: "his Lordship Bishop Cornelius Bellamorte has knights! Yes readers, the Outlander carries two pocket-knights with him, those same roughening me, speaking to me of ''Attempted assassinations" at his Lordship, which says a lot.] ..are to play a role in all this? [Readers notes: Note about body language, his Lordship took time before answering, note below how he presented another topic, he measured his words with the precision of a shaky surgeon.]

His Holyness Lordship Cornelius Bellamorte: I am deeply saddened by the personal tragedies befalling my dear friends in the Ionelus family. -.

"How big is the Role of your "Fraternity of the Black Rose" in this whole Revitalization affair?"

His Holyness Lordship Cornelius Bellamorte: The Burgomaster himself has been named an honorary member of our Brotherhood, and our regular members assist him, and the city guard, however possible, in these dark times.

"That is of upmost kindness of ~your Lordship~, I am sure Vallaki's finests run and beg after you and this "Fraternity" of noble men. Please tell Vallaki of this fraternity of yours...

His Holyness Lordship Cornelius Bellamorte: As is the nature of such Fraternal Organization, we do not reveal such details to those outside our Brotherhood, save to say that we are Charitable, social association of concerned noblemen.

"Yet, you've got "knights" or should I say, these lackeys, one of them mentionned of a certain association with "The" Count, is that a veridict information? [Readers note: His Lordship is overly political, a fine quality one that defines and describes well this whole Ball of people discussing of ~your~ future, my readers]

His Holyness Lordship Cornelius Bellamorte: We are all servants of his Majesty, Count Von Stradh Zarovich, as the Supreme Lord of these lands, are you not his Servant?

"Yes, of course, a fine answer, anything you wish to say to the brave people of Vallaki?"

His Holyness Lordship Cornelius Bellamorte: If I could say anything to them, is Stand Firm in The law of his Majesty. I am a private man, as are we all in Barovia, we do not wish our lives sprawled in the streets for all to see, the people of Vallaki share this trait with me. [Reader's note: You! share! with him! I've seen arrogance, but this, has topped it all, YOU! share with him, he does not share with you! words have their sense and direction readers, do not be fooled.]

"What is it that you want, Lordship Bishop Cornelius Bellamorte?"

His Holyness Lordship Cornelius Bellamorte: Do clarify your question...[Readers note: ...Smart...astute...]

"Do you wish to aid the people of Vallaki by involving yourself in this big project of the ~Revitalization~ of Vallaki?"

His Holyness Lordship Cornelius Bellamorte: Of course, I am already involved in this, and shall continue to be so involved.

"As far as your goals in regards as to what you want, "Bishop", what can I write here on this blank page?"

His Holyness Lordship Cornelius Bellamorte: I want to see this Rebellion ended and peace and prosperity restored to our Majesty's Domain..

"Thank you".

T.B

Taty

• Dark Power
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2007, 04:55:06 AM »
Word is spread that Lady Markova is looking for a bodyguard. The position will pay well but requires a person of force and discretion.

Kung Fu Orc

• Supreme Overlord
  • Dark Power
  • Alchoholics Incorperated
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2007, 02:19:28 PM »
A simple but well written letter is left for Mr. Armand Lebathe at the desk.

Dear Mr. Lebarthe

After having been reccomened to seek you by our mutual freind, an elderly cleric fond of garlic (whose name escapes me at the moment), I decided it would be best to write you. My name is Katalyn Schoppen, I am a minstrel and singer formally trained in the Bardic Hall of Harmonia, Katarkass. As I understand it, you manage the Broken Bell Theatre and I would enjoy the opportunity to work out some sort of performance date.

Cordially,
Katalyn Schoppen
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 02:49:06 PM by Doom »

Daciana Varzaru- "If fate is a principle beyond Human comprehension which capriciously torments man, then it is karma that man confront fate with sorcery."

Haplo Nexus

• Dark Lord
  • "Innocence proves nothing."
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 06:42:16 PM »
The nobles in the Blue Water Inn whisper of a strange customer. This man was covered from head to foot, not an inch of skin showed. His coarse robes and thick cloak were dirty and wet from the road. When asking for a room, he deposited a healthy amount of coins above the regular price into the awaiting hand. One sharp-eyed young noble noticed anoter peculiarity: he kept his right arm, from elbow down, in his large cloak and conducted business somewhat awkwardly with his left.

Doom

• Pain? Pain is like love . . . like compassion! It is a thing only for lesser men.
  • Dark Power
  • What is pain to Doom?
    • Last Stand Legacy Beta
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2008, 02:34:24 PM »
Daciana Varzaru has been seen in the Blue Water as of late (amongst those of her own social class, naturally), socializing in a somewhat reserved way, shaking hands, having her fingers kissed, getting young men to purchase her a glass of brandy now and then. The young woman claims to be of the old blood, unfortunatly put onto hard times by the natural decline of the old Boyar families, as well as the complete destruction of her estate and possibly her family by the Invidian invaders. The young woman, quite bravely some say, waits dilligently for some word of her parents or siblings.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2008, 02:03:31 AM »
The man known as Bolson a tracker of ezra, and the sleeping form of Warden Nell were seen entering the high class inn. Though getting many scowls and stares considering both there battered and bloodied states. Bolson was seen paying twice the amount for a room for three nights before heading up the stairs careful carrying the sleeping form of Nell to one of the open rooms. Many folks whispered about the whole incident but all later when they went to there own rooms clearly saw that Bolson was now more cleaned up still dressed in his pure white armor seeming to guard the room that presumbly Nell Ward was sleeping in.

The one or two Nobles that tried to get near the room to enter were turned away by a solid glare from Bolson. Though no weapons were in sight at the time he was overheard remarking to one person. "She's resting, and I aint moving from here till she's done doing so. So ya's all just go bout ya business and leave her and me be....got it?"

The words in addition to a few slipped coins to the upstairs guards get shoo the curious nobles away.

Serevain

• Undead Master
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2008, 09:19:21 PM »
The noblefolk of the Blue Water inn speak of a well dressed, darkly clad man who came in and began speaking of a fencing school at the Broken Bell.  He was rather well received.

Virgil, Shattered Husk
Sir Tristan Crowley, Bastard Knight of the Charitable One
Operon Amentlus, Dwarf Magus
Ignatie Carmitru, Vallaki Garda

Taty

• Dark Power
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2008, 02:35:29 AM »
The following letter has been posted outside the Blue Water Inn.

Wanted, Balok instructor to teach Military personell, pay is negotiable. See Private Antropov at the Citadel.

Long Live the Count !

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2008, 12:16:23 AM »
Rumor that THE famous Andre Bellamont journeys at the Blue Water Inn; he has taken the most luxurious suite, with the best cares; some say all expenses for his staying are paid by the Red Vardo Traders.