You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v6  (Read 17815 times)

EarlofEtheria

• Undead Master
Re: Topic for minor issues v6
« Reply #300 on: April 13, 2024, 01:45:23 PM »
"Barovian Female Peasant" in zone "Barovia - Wachter Province - Old Svalich Crossroad" has dialogue lines with emotes such as:

[Snorts continuing his work]
[Wiping his head looking up from his work]

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #301 on: April 13, 2024, 11:20:26 PM »
Bouncer and others at the Old Anchor Inn in the Wachter Estate turn hostile if you spar within the cage. Seems counter intuitive to having the cage

gotesu

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Undead Master
« Reply #302 on: April 15, 2024, 09:40:49 AM »
1. Tried using the 'Cast in Stone' 9th lvl druid spell several times - it did nothing (not even trigger a save).

2. Eldritch blast seem to do no dmg to zombie champions and juju zombie champions. (tried it several times)

ty!

Wilkins1952

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
  • For good to win evil must do nothing
« Reply #303 on: April 17, 2024, 01:34:44 AM »
Skeletal bats are nothing more than puppets who will obey simple instructions given to them by their creator. These cannot be overly long (two or three concepts is the most one of these monsters can understand) and must be very clearly worded. Because of this, their assigned tasks are usually quite simple. The bones of skeletal bats can be used in the creation of bone golems (described elsewhere in this book).

Roleplaying Resources Familiars thread the Skeletal bat section should probably omit the "Described elsewhere in this book." Comment given it's redundant
"Its like watching people walk up to the line for "Be excellent to each other" and seeing how far they can spit across it." -GMNO

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #304 on: April 17, 2024, 08:46:04 AM »
1. Tried using the 'Cast in Stone' 9th lvl druid spell several times - it did nothing (not even trigger a save).

2. Eldritch blast seem to do no dmg to zombie champions and juju zombie champions. (tried it several times)

ty!

I've tried recreating those and both worked properly. Cast in Stone doesn't work against undead and constructs, which might be why it didn't fire for you.

Skeletal bats are nothing more than puppets who will obey simple instructions given to them by their creator. These cannot be overly long (two or three concepts is the most one of these monsters can understand) and must be very clearly worded. Because of this, their assigned tasks are usually quite simple. The bones of skeletal bats can be used in the creation of bone golems (described elsewhere in this book).

Roleplaying Resources Familiars thread the Skeletal bat section should probably omit the "Described elsewhere in this book." Comment given it's redundant

I've fixed this.

"Barovian Female Peasant" in zone "Barovia - Wachter Province - Old Svalich Crossroad" has dialogue lines with emotes such as:

I'll fix this next update.

Wyldhunt

• New to the Mists
« Reply #305 on: April 17, 2024, 10:02:01 PM »
The 2nd lvl wizard spell Death Armor causes negative energy damage to undead. It should heal them (Negative Energy).

Stormy

• Red Academy
  • Outlander
« Reply #306 on: April 17, 2024, 10:10:14 PM »
The 2nd lvl wizard spell Death Armor causes negative energy damage to undead. It should heal them (Negative Energy).
I'm actually going to tag a completely different minor issue onto this
The 2nd level spell Death Armor does negative energy damage. It does untyped damage by the source material (Ghostwalk, Magic of Faerun).

Palmweaver

• New to the Mists
« Reply #307 on: April 18, 2024, 05:31:51 PM »
What: Amanuensis Spell

Issue: When clicking on a newly purchased piece of paper and following the instruction in the log, the log states the paper has already been written on.

Reproducing: Have a piece of paper with writing on it, and a fresh blank piece of paper. Cast Amanuensis on the original, then click the blank piece of paper.
A small light in the darkness...

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #308 on: April 21, 2024, 01:24:34 PM »
What: Amanuensis Spell

Issue: When clicking on a newly purchased piece of paper and following the instruction in the log, the log states the paper has already been written on.

Reproducing: Have a piece of paper with writing on it, and a fresh blank piece of paper. Cast Amanuensis on the original, then click the blank piece of paper.

These should both be fixed.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #309 on: April 21, 2024, 01:25:34 PM »

That's a longstanding NwN "issue" with negative damage vs undead.

I'm actually going to tag a completely different minor issue onto this
The 2nd level spell Death Armor does negative energy damage. It does untyped damage by the source material (Ghostwalk, Magic of Faerun).

For balance reasons, we only converted the spells that did Magic damage to Untyped when we introduced Untyped damage.

Talis

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #310 on: April 21, 2024, 02:19:24 PM »
A few of us received an item that grants the 'Sterling Repitation' feat. Although the feat gets added to our list of feats, it doesn't actually decrease our OCR.

I don't know if it's a bug with the feat, the item or something weird, but would be cool if it could be fixed.

zDark Shadowz

• Dark Lord
« Reply #311 on: April 21, 2024, 02:51:45 PM »
I believe you need to have the required charisma on the feat for the feat to work.

Talis

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #312 on: April 21, 2024, 02:52:29 PM »
I believe you need to have the required charisma on the feat for the feat to work.

I do, more than in this case.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #313 on: April 21, 2024, 08:25:36 PM »
A few of us received an item that grants the 'Sterling Repitation' feat. Although the feat gets added to our list of feats, it doesn't actually decrease our OCR.

I don't know if it's a bug with the feat, the item or something weird, but would be cool if it could be fixed.

It decreases your global OCR modifier. Can you screenshot your OCR with and without said item?

Talis

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #314 on: April 22, 2024, 12:28:10 PM »

It decreases your global OCR modifier. Can you screenshot your OCR with and without said item?

Yeah, unfortunately it isn't doing that.

^With the item.

^without the item.

This is the same for others with the item, too. It does add the feat to the list of feats on our character sheets, but it doesn't do anything.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 12:30:41 PM by Talis »

Coal

• Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • New to the Mists
« Reply #315 on: April 22, 2024, 12:39:51 PM »

^With the item.

^without the item.

This is the same for others with the item, too. It does add the feat to the list of feats on our character sheets, but it doesn't do anything.

Can confirm, it is not working for me either.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #316 on: April 22, 2024, 12:45:59 PM »

Spoiler: show

^With the item.

^without the item.

Thanks for the report. I'll think about it but I'm not sure the feat should be available on items (my bad for adding it as an option) since OCR modifiers are not calculated dynamically.

Talis

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #317 on: April 22, 2024, 01:13:48 PM »

^With the item.

^without the item.

Thanks for the report. I'll think about it but I'm not sure the feat should be available on items (my bad for adding it as an option) since OCR modifiers are not calculated dynamically.

I think if it loses that it'd still be cool if it did something similar, as it's what separates it from the other (silver/bronze etc) versions of the item. It's only acquireable through lots of rp so it's not necessarily easy to get at least. ^^

Maiyannah

• First Watcher
  • Dark Power
  • Courage is the soul of life.
« Reply #318 on: April 22, 2024, 02:11:08 PM »
Easy fix is to change the items to grant enough influence so as to give the +2 ocr (+3 on top, one supposes, since it also has +3 influence).
Currently:
Livu Olmstead - First Watcher of Helm
Emmanuelle Skyshard - Ezran escapee from Hazlan

Also:
Liliana Bolboceanu - Forest ranger

bunnie

• Head Empty
  • Gendarmerie
  • Dark Power
  • what is him think
« Reply #319 on: April 22, 2024, 04:07:44 PM »
@npc all only affects the first npc, e.g. @npc all walk only causes npc 1 to move to the selection

Casmen

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Undead Slayer
« Reply #320 on: Today at 07:27:28 AM »
After the update you still cannot leave houlgraves books after dark, no prompt comes up to unbolt and leave just 'This object is locked'

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #321 on: Today at 08:34:22 AM »
After the update you still cannot leave houlgraves books after dark, no prompt comes up to unbolt and leave just 'This object is locked'

Cannot enter either. Door is just locked.

Maiyannah

• First Watcher
  • Dark Power
  • Courage is the soul of life.
« Reply #322 on: Today at 10:59:48 AM »
I am convinced, given I always log in at night, that Hugh is just trying to keep Livu trapped in his basement.
Currently:
Livu Olmstead - First Watcher of Helm
Emmanuelle Skyshard - Ezran escapee from Hazlan

Also:
Liliana Bolboceanu - Forest ranger