You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Mismatched voice sets  (Read 1938 times)

Loki's Cat

• New to the Mists
Mismatched voice sets
« on: September 12, 2015, 04:56:52 AM »
So i noticed the other day that my new characters voice-set was sounding like a Kobold instead of a person, figuring i must've clicked the wrong thing i did some experimentation. for whatever reason the voices I pick in character creation don't seem to match up at all once a character is in-game. uh, help?

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Mismatched voice sets
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 10:38:07 AM »
So i noticed the other day that my new characters voice-set was sounding like a Kobold instead of a person, figuring i must've clicked the wrong thing i did some experimentation. for whatever reason the voices I pick in character creation don't seem to match up at all once a character is in-game. uh, help?

Do you use any voiceset overrides?

Loki's Cat

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 10:39:54 AM »
i have a .txt file that has all the normally un-accessable voice sets added in but that's it.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 11:04:38 AM »
Yeah, that's why. You'll need to remove that override. You can extract the soundset.2da from our hak file if you want in rl_2da_195b.hak. Then you'll be able to use the non-available voicesets at character creation.

Loki's Cat

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 11:34:39 AM »
the hak pack i just downloaded doesn't have a file by that name inside it. am i supposed to be looking elsewhere than the ravenloft hakpack on the downloads page?

IllusoryWitch

• Outlander
  • Check your privilege at the door.
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 11:55:53 AM »
the hak pack i just downloaded doesn't have a file by that name inside it. am i supposed to be looking elsewhere than the ravenloft hakpack on the downloads page?

Couple ways to extract a single 2da file from a hak pack.  The easiest way, that doesn't require any additional downloads off the vault is to go to your NWN folder, and find the utils subfolder.
In that subfolder, you will see a program called nwhak. Open it.

In that program go to File> Open and locate the Rl_2da_195b.hak.

you will see a list of files populate in the box below. Find and hilight soundset.2da and right click>Export.
Export to Overrides folder.

That -should- do it. I may be missing a step.