You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Just started & need help with an issue  (Read 1477 times)

GrowlingDragon

• New to the Mists
Just started & need help with an issue
« on: August 31, 2015, 12:28:14 AM »
Hello, I've been trying for hours to play but have a huge problem. My character can't move from the starting spot. I installed everything with no issues. It all went smoothly. Have the Diamond Edition & is up-to-date. Added everything from the Getting Started page.  Made a character & got into the game but from there I can't budge. I can interact with things but cannot move at all. WSAD, Click commands, num pad +. Nothing is working. Can anyone help, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
Re: Just started & need help with an issue
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 12:29:58 AM »
Sounds like you're glitched. Make sure you aren't using any overrides other than those recommended on the site. Otherwise, a DM should be able to help.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 12:36:58 AM »
That usually happens when you create your character on one IP address then try to access them from a different one. You can't move until you've entered the password you created in the new character room.

If none of that would apply to you then I'm not sure what the issue is, but if you're new then you could always just try rerolling your character and see if you can move around and stuff then
Tobias Loarca | Braern Delsaryn | Anwar

GrowlingDragon

• New to the Mists
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 12:41:40 AM »
I did a fresh install adding only the files from POTM. I then did a separate install & adding only the Cep & HAK files & still the problem persist. I case this helps, when I tried to change my skin color my skin turned silver and couldn't be changed without a restart. Thanks for your replies.

GrowlingDragon

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 12:46:20 AM »
That sounds like it could be the problem. I can't get the direct connect file to work, it crashes the app. So doing it manually the game ask for my password before I can access the IP.

DrXavierTColtrane

• Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 01:04:29 AM »
The password on the screen is different than the password you enter at this server to protect your character.

Have you tried quickly creating another character (that you don't care about)?

If the problem resolves with the new character, then you know your setup is okay, and it's a character-related issue (such as the CD key - password one).

If it doesn't resolve, you know it's a configuration issue.
For everything that's lovely is
But a brief, dreamy, kind delight.

GrowlingDragon

• New to the Mists
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 01:10:13 AM »
That was it. I was connecting without entering my password. This time I used my password and when I connected my character was gone. I made a new char & now I can move! Though oddly enough he's naked. Is that normal?

GrowlingDragon

• New to the Mists
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 01:19:04 AM »
Nm I neglected to read the part where I have been stripped of all my gear lol. Thanks for all your help!