You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Spawn in Mt baratak Summit cave not resetting?  (Read 1667 times)

Satyricon

• Outlander
Spawn in Mt baratak Summit cave not resetting?
« on: August 22, 2015, 04:04:07 PM »
Hello there.

I can't say that I am 100% certain that this is a bug, but some things just got me wondering if everything is really alright with this area.

I have visited Mt baratak and the ice priestess dungeon once every two days for about 10 days straight, some days without killing any of the low level mobs, but the spawn doesn't seem to develop fully in monster strength anyhow. Most of the visits have been over 48 hours apart as well. Of course I could just be unlucky, having someone clearing the place again and again...
BUT the reasons that got me wondering was due to the surrounding areas having spawns that have nothing but the strongest of Crag cats. (Whatever their names are now again). And overall the areas doesn't seem touched by anyone.

Who would make it up there and reset the spawn of the ice cave every other day without ever touching anything of the surrounding areas?

Anyhow, today I took a visit there again, and yet again the area is filled with some frozen corpses, and cold spirits. I walked up the the crate in the Mt Baratak Summit map, taking a dragon's eye item. Nothing more, I logged out and went offline for 8 hours.
I come back and check the crate again, seeing exactly the same items in the crate, and the dragon eye item missing in the slot where I took it from. Wouldn't the area reset for someone looting the place, or are containers not bound to mob spawn?

I've recently heard people complain about other areas around in Barovia seemingly not developing into full spawns, so I thought it might be worth sending a report about.

I did a debug command in the Mt Baratak Summit map.

If this IS an issue, I hope this will help you resolve it! :)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 04:06:56 PM by Satyricon »

Delete Me

• Bah humbug
  • Dark Lord
Re: Spawn in Mt baratak Summit cave not resetting?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 10:20:57 AM »
This appears to be an issue for almost all areas. I havent checked the desert yet, but with no one else on, eveything in Barovia is at it's lowest possible spawn. I will check the desert and report then, too.
Delete Me.

Delete Me

• Bah humbug
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 10:45:29 AM »
It seems to be an issue with Barovia only, from my sluething
Delete Me.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 11:07:30 AM »
Some of the spawns in Barovia are seasonal, which may explain these reports. As examples, there will be less wildlife in winter than in summer in Barovia and the Ice Palace's spawns will be considerably lower in summer than in winter.

Satyricon

• Outlander
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 11:57:12 AM »
Some of the spawns in Barovia are seasonal, which may explain these reports. As examples, there will be less wildlife in winter than in summer in Barovia and the Ice Palace's spawns will be considerably lower in summer than in winter.

I started to suspect that was the case when I visited it yesterday and found a strong and lively spawn.

Sorry for the thread :)

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 12:06:53 PM »

Its actually interesting and fun to do heading up there in the middle of winter... though its rather amusing how the trek up to the ice palace is more dangerous then the dungeon.DC 50 fort checks and taking 30+ cold damage a tick?! Talk about becoming a popsickle. lol Never used insulators more offten then heading there.

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero