Author Topic: Barovian Background Help  (Read 2223 times)

breakerofstones

• New to the Mists
Barovian Background Help
« on: August 06, 2015, 03:11:44 PM »
Hi! Relatively new and hoping someone can help me out. I started combing through threads, but couldn't find what I was looking for.

My character is a native Barovian. I need two things for her background, both concerning the rural peasantry. First, where? I have in mind that she's from some little village or somewhere in the country. I'm not familiar enough with Barovian geography to put a name or a place. Mostly, I just need to be able to indicate a region or something. I'm perfectly happy telling people that the village was too small for anyone to have heard of it.

The second is slightly broader/more esoteric: is there any information floating around on what life is like for peasants in the Barovian countryside? Day to day life, customs, yadda yadda

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
Re: Barovian Background Help
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 03:26:53 PM »
http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=2020.0

there is a good bit of info here and a map of Barovia
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 04:46:28 PM »
THe link will probably give you better info then more.. How ever if you want personal examples I have two native... SOkol my Caliban Runt is from Valiki it self... while having been raised by his parents he was eventually notice and eventually had to live in the woods and caves..

But there is also my other Native who is Sofia. ( can't recall the last name ATM) She was a peasent in Barovia village.. I've RPed her and gave her the story that she was working at the Blood n Vine to try and raise money for her parents' medicine... only to have them pass away through a night while she was working and eventually left to Valiki in search of a new job as The Village holds bad memories at the moment.

She doesn't really go exploring as she sees that as crazy outlander things risking their life... she fears the night and all things that go bump in it. those are the only examples I have.

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 04:47:07 PM »
And you'll find good information here too:

http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=6563.0

Here is a topic about the celebrations and festivals in the Core:

http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=15877.0

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 05:50:45 PM »
If you can find a copy some where, the ravenloft gazetteer number 1 is your go to for Barovian information
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan