You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Letters home to Mom - Alexandru Vladimirescu  (Read 2241 times)

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
Letters home to Mom - Alexandru Vladimirescu
« on: June 11, 2015, 04:57:02 PM »
Alexandru Vladimirescu
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Build: Stocky

A young man born in the Village of Barovia, raised in a family with a strong moral value with four generations of guards on the male line. Young Alexandru was no exception to this. When his father died when he was seven he swore to uphold the family tradition of becoming the next guard of Barovia. Bearing his fathers Greatsword known only as Peacekeeper, he sets out now to become the next guard promising to write home soon!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 01:11:53 AM by Destinysdesire »

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
Re: Letters home to Mom - Alexandru Vladimirescu
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 05:03:57 PM »
* A letter written home in the Guard Barracks *

Dear Mother,

I hope you are well and that my sister is taking good care of you on the farm, I myself am doing well and have safely arrived in Vallaki and have joined the ranks as a Recruit of the guard. Dads sword almost broke so I had it refurbished by a man named Natham, whom I admit is very skilled. Dads sword looks new again. Lance Corporal Jakub Novonti was the one to accept me. I will definitely need to improve my skill with the trade tongue though to deal with these strange outsiders. On a positive note I impressed the Lance Corporal in my first training session by besting a private in combat then actually managing to score a successful hit on my first try on him! He seemed very pleased with my skills. I think I will do very well out here. I hope to visit soon but I am not allowed to leave the citadel or go off duty as a recruit, so it may be a while, though I will try to keep you informed as best I can. 

Love: Alex
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 03:35:12 AM by Destinysdesire »

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 08:24:16 PM »
* A letter written in his bunk *

Dear Mother...

I hope you and sister are doing well. My nights are restless as I adapt to being away from home, though of course I do not allow them to interrupt my duties or work. Today was a bit of a hair raiser, one of our Privates was attacked while on duty and while I cannot go into full detail...please be careful of rebels. Keep sister in closer to you for now and avoid anyone unknown to you or sister. Lance Corporal Radu has already made it quite clear that I better be sure of my loyalties here and not to the Village. In the meantime I have been working on my sword skills and not allowing them to falter. You would like the appearance of dads sword now as it has been reforged with steel to ensure it doesn't break. My skill with the Trade tongue is still a work in progress, but I am hoping it is starting to sound better. I will write again soon.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 03:35:53 AM by Destinysdesire »

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 01:28:46 AM »
* Written from his bunk *

Dear Mother.

I hope things are going well, this has been a tense few days but I am enjoying my time more and more as I continue my service. You would be disappointed to know I have been disciplined once for running my mouth, I know how you feel about that, I will not repeat that mistake. Today though I took to more sparring with other officers and learning to use a longsword and shield, that proved to be a very painful option when he accidentally stabbed me with the sword. It hurts but I will be fine, it will make me much stronger later if that happens in battle. He took good care though to make sure I was alright and back on my feet mind you. Many say I have great progress but I am soft and need to toughen up. So I guess I will have to toughen up. They are very stern here but it is something that is necessary, but I look forward to my service here and the future of protecting Vallaki and taking my vows.

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 10:11:24 PM »
* A letter written over dinner in an excited hand *

Dear Mother,

I hope this letter finds you well and that the news I send brings you much pride and joy. I have been promoted and sworn in as a Private of the Garda, I was officiated over fathers blade. It was a true honor to take these oaths as father once did. I could hardly wait to write in to you and explain the news. I hope this eases any stress, I will be sending paychecks home soon to help with costs.

Love: Alex.

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 03:40:13 PM »
* A letter written from his bunk *

Dear mother,

For once I find myself homesick, my heart shattered as I write. I have been trying to help a fellow guard with her problems and while I cannot explain this entirely, she is suffering much the pain I did when dad was killed. In trying to bring some comfort to her, she turned on me, calling father a fool. Now I remember why people in the Village do not try to help one another if we can avoid it. I am not going to bother again if all she is gonna do is insult father for saving us. He was a good and honorable man and even now my heart wrenches that she would even consider insulting him without even knowing anything about him. I know I am not supposed to acknowledge insults here, and ignore them where they come from. Supposed to toughen me up...but how do I ignore a shot at father when trying to help a fellow officer feel better? I guess I cannot answer that. I feel her eyes on me even as I write this. I don't hate her, but it will be a long while before I dare speak to her about father again...

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 05:54:45 AM »
* A calmly written letter home accompanied with a decently sized bag of fang *

Dear Mother,

I hope this letter and this bag of fang find you well. This should cover your coming taxes and another month of the rent. I am doing well so to speak aside from being stabbed in the back, shot and having my ribs crushed by a half dragon. I am fine though I assure you. My fellow guards go out of their way to ensure that serious wounds are treated quickly. You will never guess who I found down here, little Riley from next door! Shes grown so much over the years. Shes also in love. I am very happy for her and hope things work out for her. I hope this coin helps and I hope to send you much more soon. I love you and hope to hear from you soon.

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 07:33:15 AM »
Dear Mother,

I hope this letter finds you well, I must admit that the last four or so days have been hectic, its why my letters are a bit...here and there. I haven't been sleeping to be honest and I have taken to seeing a Dr Rowan, he is a good man. He gave me something last night that knocked me right out. Though I think when I woke, I also woke up half of the barracks with me. This morning me and him sat down and began talking about things that could be stressing me out. Part of it was of course my worry for you and brother. He has suggested we sell the fields off to some of the other farmers, use the money for you to open a tailoring shop, perhaps right in the house, buy a goat and some chickens and just live like that. I must say his suggestions hold high merit. We also started talking about Dad, some of the pressure that has been on me to live up to his and your expectations of me. He doesn't really think its healthy. He said I should consider what I might do if my time in the guards doesn't work out. I can already see you bulking at the thought. I know you would be disgraced if I failed and I think that's one of the biggest burdens that sit on my shoulder, disappointing you and dad. I am doing everything I can to keep this job, though I am waiting on a disciplinary hearing, I am not allowed to discuss it really at this point, but due to me and another guard, two recruits were killed. What happens and if I remain in the guard will depend entirely on what is decided during the hearing, I will of course keep you informed. I miss you a lot and hope to hear back from you soon, I wish I could send some fang along with this, but I have barely enough at the moment to see to my needs. I promise I will send some soon.

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 03:34:27 AM »
Dear Mother.

It has been three years and six months since I have been able to sit down and write a letter to you. I would have written sooner in this past week to let you know how my re-application to the garda went, but I feared letting you down. I remained unsure the whole time if I would be sent back due to my leg and hand. Thankfully the Lance Corporal was willing to give me the chance to prove myself still fit to serve. I had to restart as a recruit, but you will be proud to know I have as of last night, been reinstated as a Private. I know you and dad would be proud. Yes I am still doing my medical therapy and doing my exercises and eating well. I actually have not been happier since the day I woke back up.

I told you that day, that I was gonna make it back into the garda and live up to my fathers expectations of me. Sadly none of the men and women I served with are here, no one I recognize still serves. A shame but little I can do to fix that. Vallaki is mostly as I remember it though some of the laws were changed minorly to reflect the way of the lands. Most of the practice though is mostly the same, some minor changes there. For now though, wall duty calls as werebeasts have been spotted. Don't worry, I will be careful.

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2019, 03:38:15 AM »
Dear mother,

I have been meaning to write, but sadly by the time you get this letter, I will be gone forever. I give up mother, I have tried to live up to being dad, to honor our family, but it was for naught, I was kidnapped by Hazlani almost two months ago, they took my right hand, then let it rot till they had to cut it below the elbow, since then I have tried to recover, I was discharged from the Garda, and I understood that, but since then it has been rejection after rejection after rejection. First the Garda dismissed me, then rejected for various jobs, now even the Temple of Ezra has rejected me as a Templar, all because I am a cripple. Then when I told them I was working on a new arm, I was told I was in the wrong for trying that too.

I give up, I cannot ask you and Aunt to take care of me again, I will not. I found love too, yet the day after Colleen agreed to start seeing me, she vanished without a trace. My heart and soul are broken, I cannot fix it. I just need to go now. There is nothing left for me. I am sorry. I love you and sister, I pray that my son will grow strong. I have left my sword with the Garda that they might return it to you. I cannot come home like this. I cannot face you a failure. May Ezra love and guide you.

Signed with love: Alexandru Vladimirescu