Author Topic: Assassin Daggers  (Read 4089 times)

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
Assassin Daggers
« on: June 05, 2015, 11:53:54 AM »
Would it be possible to get more versions of current daggers in the assassin dagger form? Or is it a issue of them being a seperate type that means weapon focus and such don't apply?

Olywynn

• Likes to say "Nyeh heh heh!"
  • Dark Lord
  • Nyeh heh heh!
Re: Assassin Daggers
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 11:56:24 AM »
An assassin dagger or two that actually do some damage such as elemental damage would be nice.  Preferably acid, or negative.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 12:01:54 PM »
or a dagger that did some kind of weak poison? i mean we have a longsword that has poison on it why not a dagger?

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 12:04:54 PM »
There is a dagger like that kinda, the Venom Dagger? Lets you use poison weapon once per day?

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 12:39:20 PM »
There is a dagger like that kinda, the Venom Dagger? Lets you use poison weapon once per day?
Dagger Of Venom, yeah, there's also the Viperblade which just has 7 charges, I think.
There's also poisoned bastard swords, and whips, and a few other types of weapons out there, not just longswords.

Olywynn

• Likes to say "Nyeh heh heh!"
  • Dark Lord
  • Nyeh heh heh!
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 12:42:09 PM »
All the current assassin daggers do poison, even the ones that are DM loot only.  It'd be nice to see how that's actually useful for combat.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 12:47:31 PM »

yes yes i'm well aware of the use venom daggers. but the one thats once/day last very short... grant it it only lasts for so long. I was refering to a continueal on hit poison... but if there is already some assassin daggers with them out there.. ALrighty then. ;)

Merry Munchkin

• Dark Lord
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 02:39:32 PM »
The issue I have with some of the PoTM weapons is the fact that they are specifically designed templates, which (perhaps inadvertently) prevents you from using feats that ought to apply -- specifically, when I first got here, one of the weapons you can find pretty quickly is the "Backstabber" dagger.  Unfortunately, if you have weapon finesse, it appears that the feat does not recognize the dagger as a finessable weapon (at least, when I was using it, it was not using my DEX modifiers for my AB, it was still using my STR modifier).  If you could fix that, I would love to see more use of those types of weapons, with greater variation.  The same goes with some of the other unique weapons on the server; some of them logically ought to be finessable. 

Burleigh Burrowell - RIP

Theorem Of Neutrality

• Undead Master
  • It Do
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2015, 03:24:46 PM »
The issue I have with some of the PoTM weapons is the fact that they are specifically designed templates, which (perhaps inadvertently) prevents you from using feats that ought to apply -- specifically, when I first got here, one of the weapons you can find pretty quickly is the "Backstabber" dagger.  Unfortunately, if you have weapon finesse, it appears that the feat does not recognize the dagger as a finessable weapon (at least, when I was using it, it was not using my DEX modifiers for my AB, it was still using my STR modifier).  If you could fix that, I would love to see more use of those types of weapons, with greater variation.  The same goes with some of the other unique weapons on the server; some of them logically ought to be finessable. 

Those weapon templates all come from CEP.
Zivon de'Scusa - The Core's best Doctor Doom cosplayer since 752.

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2015, 07:05:00 PM »
Dagger Of Venom, yeah, there's also the Viperblade which just has 7 charges, I think.
There's also poisoned bastard swords, and whips, and a few other types of weapons out there, not just longswords.

There's a poison longsword I believe but now I'm struggling to remember it's name... :(

I can see it in my head though!
Tobias Loarca | Braern Delsaryn | Anwar

FinalHeaven

• Ba'al Verzi
  • The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • dat boi
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2015, 07:15:54 PM »

There's a poison longsword I believe but now I'm struggling to remember it's name... :(

Hrunting.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2015, 07:50:48 PM »

Hrunting.

Hurnting is a sword.. not dagger

dark_majico

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2015, 02:51:34 PM »
Would it be possible to get more versions of current daggers in the assassin dagger form? Or is it a issue of them being a seperate type that means weapon focus and such don't apply?

They don't generally just create weapons on request like this in the general forums, you have to submit a weapon idea officially there is a thread for it somewhere. If it's balanced, conforms to the rules, and has a good description then it has more chance of being created.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2015, 03:27:54 PM »
Yes. . .Im aware. But it isnt for "new" items, its to make backstabber versions of already existing options. Like the adamantine dagger, Steel Dagger, Ice Shard, etc.

dark_majico

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2015, 03:36:44 PM »
That's the same thing, you would like to see more assasins daggers available in the module with different item propertys on them, so the only real way of doing that is to submit them for consideration via normal means. Although why you would want to use an assasins dagger template over the basic weapon is a little puzzling, since you will not be able to take advantage of any feats while using it, I suppose the assasins dagger looks different, but to me its not "better" since an actual assassin wouldn't hold the dagger for all the world to see like that anyway.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 03:46:29 PM by dark_majico »