Author Topic: Your overall preferences for the development of POTM  (Read 36575 times)

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
Re: Your overall preferences for the development of POTM
« Reply #125 on: April 05, 2018, 09:21:35 PM »
I really like the idea of a blackout system. Personally I don't care if there was a blackout waiting area, that's what I'd be doing in the dead realm waiting to be returned to life anyway. Troukk does have a good workaround though since that is a consideration. I hope the dev team considers it.

gainreduction

• Cool Dungeon Bro
  • Undead Master
« Reply #126 on: April 08, 2018, 10:27:36 AM »
I've always thought PoTM needs more dungeons.

IrishIron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #127 on: April 08, 2018, 03:13:23 PM »
 I've also thought along with others when I was more active on potm that it needs more dungeons. Potentially bigger dungeons. Finding a dungeon that proves to be a 15 min walk before adding in pauses for rp is incredibly short and alot of that is backtracking as many dungeons have that sort of thing to make them seem bigger. Get key. Walk back to this area. Get key walk across map to other area. Repeat. Not saying that's bad but would love to see some more sizeable areas. Ive heard ppl talk about perf being loved as a dungeon because of how it is simply big. Has interesting enemies in good numbers that u have to take out as fast as possible. Etc.

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #128 on: May 12, 2018, 11:27:55 AM »
I know this would be a massive undertaking but maybe along the same veins as more content, more non-combat/RP intensive dungeons and more dungeons would be add another playable domain please (someday)?

Keyser

• New to the Mists
« Reply #129 on: May 12, 2018, 01:12:32 PM »
My short list would be:

1: Moar dungeons with more interesting monsters

2: Revisiting 100's of empty/unused areas and add reasons for people to visit. (Even just a tiny bandit cave or werewolf cave or something)

3: Blackout System similar to the one used on Escape From Uncertainty. Makes for great rp tool for kidnappings/conflict

4: More character closure events with heavier consequences for actions. (I'd even like to see "Respawn" Deleted 100% but thats just me)

5: More DMs / More Minor DM Interractions. (Its amazing how far something as small as possessing a monster in a dungeon can go for a player)

6: Scripted "Random Invasions." A previous server I played on would do this where every so often a server atmosphere message would broadcast (but only in region around x town or village. The script would say something like "Farmers have reported a band of marauders is attacking the X" and players would show up, there would be about 20 mins of spawns of varying levels appropriate for the area and then after the last one died, there'd be a couple boxes that would unlock full of random healing pots and other low level supplies. For this server it could be random night of the living dead events, bandits werewolves or whatever else might fit. The idea was using scripted events to "Pretend" there were DMs running stories even when the team is otherwise very busy working on their various projects. These were minor but added huge flavor and a feeling of Life to the world.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 01:15:12 PM by Keyser »

Rynn

• New to the Mists
« Reply #130 on: May 12, 2018, 02:55:08 PM »
^ What he said.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #131 on: May 12, 2018, 03:12:32 PM »
Respawn seems almost exclusively for very new characters, so I would not want it to go away. Doing so would have a much greater impact on new players than old, and those are who the server is already the most difficult for.

It would seem to me to be a real bummer to ask a lot questions in Discord, think a lot about a brand new PC, go through the process of creating her, watch the cut scene...and then die right away. Yes, you can opt for a rescue, but that involves a lot more waiting around not being able to get started playing.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Meriana

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #132 on: December 05, 2018, 02:31:38 PM »
I think it would be neat to have (in no particular order):
  • More 'lore' spots - checks with xp and tasty nuggets of info
  • Places centered around one/a few strong enemi/es rather than big hordes. Would be a nice change of pace and more atmospheric, IMO.