Author Topic: Your overall preferences for the development of POTM  (Read 36718 times)

Syl

• Dark Power
Re: Your overall preferences for the development of POTM
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2016, 03:57:54 PM »
Divine Champion is a great one.

this might be true but there aren't many weapons a Monk can use that are a favored weapon to gods

Edit: At least to my knowledge.

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2016, 04:06:00 PM »
Almost every weapon is the favored weapon of some god. There are even gods who use their fists.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2016, 04:09:23 PM »
Almost every weapon is the favored weapon of some god. There are even gods who use their fists.

Gods aren't my forta so I was just going with what I knew and such. and while this is true, one now has to find a god that A: allows their alignment. and B: favor a weapon they can use. which is why I was saying the pool of gods for Monks to have to become a champion is not as large.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2016, 04:10:46 PM »

Gods aren't my forta so I was just going with what I knew and such. and while this is true, one now has to find a god that A: allows their alignment. and B: favor a weapon they can use. which is why I was saying the pool of gods for Monks to have to become a champion is not as large.

I'm not 100% certain you have to use the favored weapon of your god. In fact, I rather think you don't.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2016, 04:16:13 PM »

I'm not 100% certain you have to use the favored weapon of your god. In fact, I rather think you don't.

I was told during my application process for lauel being a divine champion she had to choose the spear (for the morninglord) as favored weapon in her build she could USE other weapons but she was required to have the feat weapon focus spear to achieve the prc

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2016, 04:32:26 PM »

I was told during my application process for lauel being a divine champion she had to choose the spear (for the morninglord) as favored weapon in her build she could USE other weapons but she was required to have the feat weapon focus spear to achieve the prc

Yep, so you could burn a feat. For a melee-focused character that's not the end of the world.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2016, 04:41:39 PM »
That isn't really a Champion than.. that's like saying a weapon master is a weapon master even if he doesn't use his weapon of choice.. a Champion on a God would use their God's weapon otherwise they don't get their special abilities.. in my opinion... seems VERY cheesy to not use you God's weapon.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2016, 04:46:50 PM »
That isn't really a Champion than.. that's like saying a weapon master is a weapon master even if he doesn't use his weapon of choice.. a Champion on a God would use their God's weapon otherwise they don't get their special abilities.. in my opinion... seems VERY cheesy to not use you God's weapon.

Not in the slightest. A champion of the god would know the god's weapon well. They would use it in ritual, and on formal occasions. When they fight, they fight with a different weapon. Or both. It's not a big deal.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2016, 04:50:55 PM »

Not in the slightest. A champion of the god would know the god's weapon well. They would use it in ritual, and on formal occasions. When they fight, they fight with a different weapon. Or both. It's not a big deal.

I still think that is just the most cheesy cop out and shouldn't be approved,  but that is my opinion, I'll look up the actual class when I get home

Janarah

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2016, 07:40:14 PM »

I still think that is just the most cheesy cop out and shouldn't be approved,  but that is my opinion, I'll look up the actual class when I get home

Well, it's also cheesy that the game mechanics limit weapon masters to melee held weapons, and don't include ranged or unarmed. There are gods specifically that monks follow, and their weapon may very well be unarmed.
"Life is full of mysteries, why can I not be one myself?"
~Nightwolf
Current: Rabbit/ Kalis
Shelved mostly: Sudhri / Atlantia / Radriel/ Herophile Sybil/ Lliannia/ Belia
Closured (dead or other): Marius/ Calous/ Ellana/ Radu/ Ania/ Anica/ Olath

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2016, 07:42:23 PM »
I can understand the use of the best weapon for the job, so using something else now and again as needed seems like it would be acceptable. But on the flip side if the person actually a devout and champion of that god should he not use the chosen weapon of their god as much as possible?

Janarah

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2016, 03:52:57 PM »
I advocate for giving pitfiends trueseeing. Why, because I think they deserve it and it'll add just a little more challenge to the perfidious area. And possibly prevent the easy access to things such as meteorites with out any risk simply by using an invisibility pot or sneaking about in sand and dirt.
"Life is full of mysteries, why can I not be one myself?"
~Nightwolf
Current: Rabbit/ Kalis
Shelved mostly: Sudhri / Atlantia / Radriel/ Herophile Sybil/ Lliannia/ Belia
Closured (dead or other): Marius/ Calous/ Ellana/ Radu/ Ania/ Anica/ Olath

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2016, 03:53:50 PM »
I advocate for giving pitfiends trueseeing. Why, because I think they deserve it and it'll add just a little more challenge to the perfidious area. And possibly prevent the easy access to things such as meteorites with out any risk simply by using an invisibility pot or sneaking about in sand and dirt.

This is best put in another thread. This topic is for overall development priorities, not individual suggestions.

Pants

• New to the Mists
« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2016, 09:51:09 PM »
I'm all for the weremink MPC.

System

• New to the Mists
  • Plays: Dansel Armitage
« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2016, 04:31:57 AM »
i would love to see more of the world map fleshed out even if it's just for looks, like connecting roads making non-misty caravan travel possible

Dansel's Portrait
Discord --->  Systematic_Chaos#5638

Blight

• Dark Lord
« Reply #115 on: March 10, 2018, 10:46:48 PM »
I'll again recommend a dungeon similar to the one in the morninglord crypts  in level range be added to Port A Lucine so that Port players can appreciate the roleplay they enjoy from the get go
Just another lesson from the School of Hard Knocks... PHD!

Exordium

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2018, 04:21:01 AM »
I'll again recommend a dungeon similar to the one in the morninglord crypts  in level range be added to Port A Lucine so that Port players can appreciate the roleplay they enjoy from the get go
No low level dungeons in the Port is somewhat intentional.

We don't really want to separate the low level posse to two different locations. We just don't have the player count to support this. While you, as an experienced player, might find it tolerable to be the only low level in town, your not being in Vallaki area might mean that a genuine new player has a smaller chance at encountering another low level.

Blight

• Dark Lord
« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2018, 05:19:50 AM »
No low level dungeons in the Port is somewhat intentional.

We don't really want to separate the low level posse to two different locations. We just don't have the player count to support this. While you, as an experienced player, might find it tolerable to be the only low level in town, your not being in Vallaki area might mean that a genuine new player has a smaller chance at encountering another low level.

Illuminati confirmed!
Just another lesson from the School of Hard Knocks... PHD!

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2018, 08:44:44 PM »
Another domain plz! Or some increased lore for Perfidus!

noah25

• Dark Lord
« Reply #119 on: April 05, 2018, 11:28:12 AM »
I have always enjoyed the setup and the lore and roleplay opportunities posed by dungeons in the VOB area.  However, a lot of these never get visited because of their level range/ risk reward. Is there anyway these dungeons could either be revamped, or that more dungeons can be constructed in that type of light? Many of the new dungeons have been less puzzle and thematically oriented, and more so just deadly traps and or difficult monsters. I love the fact that you can get lost in the VOB church looking for secret doors and still have the feeling you never really found everything, but the server seems to have gotten away from this model as a whole. I just feel like some of the most enjoyable dungeons are some of the least visited( VOB series, Ice Palace, etc) and I would love to see either additional incentive to go to them in a party, or new dungeons made with a similar feeling to them.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #120 on: April 05, 2018, 12:11:36 PM »
I have always enjoyed the setup and the lore and roleplay opportunities posed by dungeons in the VOB area.  However, a lot of these never get visited because of their level range/ risk reward. Is there anyway these dungeons could either be revamped, or that more dungeons can be constructed in that type of light? Many of the new dungeons have been less puzzle and thematically oriented, and more so just deadly traps and or difficult monsters. I love the fact that you can get lost in the VOB church looking for secret doors and still have the feeling you never really found everything, but the server seems to have gotten away from this model as a whole. I just feel like some of the most enjoyable dungeons are some of the least visited( VOB series, Ice Palace, etc) and I would love to see either additional incentive to go to them in a party, or new dungeons made with a similar feeling to them.

I spent most of last weekend on Iridni poking around the VoB dungeons alone because of never really finding anyone in the past year who would show them to me. Hence, I also went in pretty naive and thus asking for it. In other words, I didn't have any idea where traps were going to be or what would happen when I was teleported. I had to try to solve everything on my own...without any detection or trap removing, lock picking skills. For the first time, the always-encumbered Iridni brought a crowbar and successfully used it!

The whole trip was quite a challenge (so many skeletal knights, even for a high-level cleric focused on undead).

I eventually gave up before accomplishing nearly what all I wanted to. It was a net loss on gold with no treasure worth keeping. (What is the point of the Plate Armor of Etherealness, anyway? Am I missing something?) Also, I don't think I got any XP at all, despite having occasional difficulty, but I didn't clear everything either. Maybe somewhere I would have.

It was still sort of fun to a point, regardless of the frustration. I can see why it's hard to get other players to go there, though, because once you've done it, what's fun about it (trying to solve puzzles, etc.) would go away. Other players are going to say, "Ugh, why not go do one of the really fast high XP and gold dungeons instead?"

So, yes, this kind of dungeon suits me. Unfortunately, I don't know how you solve the problem, however, that these dungeons involve a lot of work and creativity for devs, while most of their charm is in doing them once.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 12:16:51 PM by Iridni Ren »

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Keyser

• New to the Mists
« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2018, 01:09:40 PM »
May I recommend a blackout system? On a previous server they tried it and it really changed the dynamic of PVP. Also shackles. No idea the scripting challenges posed but I figured I'd offer the suggestion:

It worked as a system of subdual mode that you could toggle. So you had Full Damage, Subdual and Blackout Mode. When you "Killed" someone in blackout mode, they would spawn a corpse item on the ground the same way you usually do when you die. The player would be teleported to a blacked out map with no ability to move for about 2-5 minutes. Then the person would be teleported back to their corpse at near death the same as though they had just died and been revived.

With this system, we could do a lot more kidnappings instead of murders. Having blackout and shackles to transport and hold someone would be loads of fun I think. Could open up to slave traders, or for people to use against criminals they want to capture instead of kill.

The shackles worked as a glove item that when worn took away the persons ability to attack and gives 100% spell failure (stilled spells still possible) and to break free you had to pass a wildly high strength check or another person had to break you free.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #122 on: April 05, 2018, 01:22:20 PM »
May I recommend a blackout system? On a previous server they tried it and it really changed the dynamic of PVP. Also shackles. No idea the scripting challenges posed but I figured I'd offer the suggestion:

It worked as a system of subdual mode that you could toggle. So you had Full Damage, Subdual and Blackout Mode. When you "Killed" someone in blackout mode, they would spawn a corpse item on the ground the same way you usually do when you die. The player would be teleported to a blacked out map with no ability to move for about 2-5 minutes. Then the person would be teleported back to their corpse at near death the same as though they had just died and been revived.

We've considered this in the past and decided against it because it made the player captured sit and twiddle their thumbs for an indeterminate amount of time.

The shackles worked as a glove item that when worn took away the persons ability to attack and gives 100% spell failure (stilled spells still possible) and to break free you had to pass a wildly high strength check or another person had to break you free.

We have shackles in the module already.

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2018, 06:43:27 PM »

We've considered this in the past and decided against it because it made the player captured sit and twiddle their thumbs for an indeterminate amount of time.

It's pretty much what happens now when one needs to kidnap someone, except we are forced to kill them are revive them which always feels a little bit OOC. Is it at all possible to toggle a mode that when we kill someone it spawns a free autoraising corpse that is called "unconscious [soandso]"? Even if they get a ghost to avoid twiddling thumbs, it wouldn't really matter since everything you learn as a ghost is off limits ICly.
Not all who wander are lost.

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #124 on: April 05, 2018, 07:34:54 PM »

It's pretty much what happens now when one needs to kidnap someone, except we are forced to kill them are revive them which always feels a little bit OOC. Is it at all possible to toggle a mode that when we kill someone it spawns a free autoraising corpse that is called "unconscious [soandso]"? Even if they get a ghost to avoid twiddling thumbs, it wouldn't really matter since everything you learn as a ghost is off limits ICly.

Troukks idea is brilliant. Especially if you are able to set a time limit perhaps based on their con score? It would make for much better rp. No more killing->waiting->raising->story
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan