Author Topic: Expanded VFX items suggestion  (Read 1261 times)

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
Expanded VFX items suggestion
« on: November 29, 2018, 09:29:01 AM »
I understand it's low on the priority list, but just to through it out there, the VFX items are actually pretty awesome and it would be neat to have more. Some I can think of off the top of my head are

More masks: Skull printed masks, other designs that are more accepted as masks like animal faces (rather than what the helmet model offers), bandit centric masks and disguises.

Scarves (possible?) Something to wrap around your neck or face like a bandana, again, good for disguises I would imagine.

Mare hat varieties. The Tricorn is great as well as the bandana, but it would be nice to see head dresses, too, or even different kinds of caps.

Purses and bags? Is this possible?

I am not sure what else is out there, though I do know that there are more expanded variety of VFX items available in another server and wondered what it would take to get some more of them? I personally think they are inspired, and help modernize this old game. Thoughts?
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Expanded VFX items suggestion
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 09:31:56 AM »
We're limited by available content since we don't usually produce our own content (models, textures, etc.). There are also some issues at present with VFX items, mainly in regards to light refraction. That's why they stick out like a sore thumb sometimes.

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 09:35:56 AM »
We're limited by available content since we don't usually produce our own content (models, textures, etc.). There are also some issues at present with VFX items, mainly in regards to light refraction. That's why they stick out like a sore thumb sometimes.

I am pretty sure that is because of Haze used in the outdoor areas, while inside things look better. I wouldn't know how to suggest a fix for that since my understanding of them is limited to what we have and I am not brave enough to log into Sinfar to look at the other ones on the market.
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 10:35:20 AM »

I am pretty sure that is because of Haze used in the outdoor areas, while inside things look better. I wouldn't know how to suggest a fix for that since my understanding of them is limited to what we have and I am not brave enough to log into Sinfar to look at the other ones on the market.

No, it's not because of the haze, haze is just one of the things that makes the lack of shading on VFX stand out like a sore thumb. Fortunately, I was told by a small bird that this might be something Beamdog is addressing down the line; for now, though, we want to hold off on adding too much stuff that isn't shaded by the engine.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

Blight

• Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 09:17:23 PM »
We need a top hat, full stop.
Just another lesson from the School of Hard Knocks... PHD!

Tarnation!

• Undead Master
  • Account for native characters.
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 11:18:07 PM »
Will the VFX hoods be made buyable like the glasses/bandanas/hats?
Carmine, Wynstan's Son - Itsy bitsy, teeny weeny, Ezrite from land of tortellini.