Author Topic: The Darling Cards of Fate  (Read 6544 times)

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
The Darling Cards of Fate
« on: May 14, 2015, 09:24:31 PM »

Biography
Full Name: Miuo Eppy Olivene
Pronounced: Mew
Aliases: White Dove
Body: Pear Shape
Scent: Vanilla & Honey
Height: 2'5"
Weight: 28 lbs
Hair: Black
Hair: Hip Length
Hair: Loose Curls
Eyes: Black
Eyes: Large and Round
Lips: Full
Skin: Sickly Pale/Enemic/Malnourished
Voice: Soft, High Pitched, Timid
Race: Halfling
Home: Vallaki, Barovia
Languages: Common, Halfling, Elven, Balok, Mordentish, Infernal, Draconic, Abyssal, Luktar, Sylvan, Celestial, Aquan
Scars: All across her back, arms, legs, ribs/abdomen
Jewelry: Jade Eye Ring, Silver Shoker with a silver skull hanging from it

A small and often overlooked woman. Miuo is hardly a great beauty or devious enough looking to make one feel they need to guard their coins. Her pale complexion, small stature, and crisp white apron dress making her be viewed as harmless and not much of a threat.

While slight in stature and with an innocent face, she is far from being mistaken for that of a child. Usually in a tightly cinched corset her full chest disillusions that assumption.

Utilizing her innocent soft face to her advantage much of the time, it often conceals her more impish mischievous side. Of which she often likes to inflict upon her friends and allies in good teasing nature.A scholar and master of many languages, and able to speak fluently in a surprising number of languages. She often leans into her accent. Wielding it to downplay her breadth of intelligence.

When stressed or pushed her accent at times falls away and she speaks with a far softer less noticed accent than she implies she has. Even going so far as to speak in broken common to play the part of nieve local.

Update: The silver skull choker has been altered, the jaw of the skull forced open to set a purple gem within it. So that the gem is held in place by its teeth. The gem would stand out vividly against the woman's attire and other simple pieces of jewelry.

Update: A wayfarer kinship amulet hangs from her waist. Along with a silver thin waist chain, a chain hanging from it that connects to a black slim case about the size of a deck of narrow cards.

Spoiler: Items of Note • show
Journal

The tome is rather simple leather, with a brass inlay. Other then the slightly raised cost of the inlay the tome is rather unremarkable. It holds only writings in an odd language. From the way, things are written, and the dates above each entry it would be easy and safe to assume this was a journal of some sort.

Card Case

This simple leather case is never far from this woman. Hanging low on a chain from a simple loose leather belt around her hips. Making it easy for her nimble thin fingers to slide cards out from within.

Cards

These cards sit within the case hanging from her belt. While the cards seem almost beautiful their depictions are simple and almost crude. As if rushed and hand made. Despite such, they seem highly prized by their owner. Oddly, she can be seen often drawing the odd symbols onto blank cards with great care.

Dolls

Each of these dolls is modeled after a specific individual's essence more than actual likeness. The dolls themselves start out as basic enough simple cloth designs with plain button eyes and simple stitch work. Their insides take a turn for the more complex, however. Mostly filled with sand they hold a basic skeletal form that has been crudely put together from bat bones, that have been attached together with leather cord. While void of almost every organ and other fleshy bits. Within its chest is housed a shriveled up dried heart from some poor small creature. Depending on the doll, sometimes blood from the one it's intended to be is smeared across the chest. Hair from the same individual is often attached to the head with wax and stitches.

When in a completed state they possess the hair of those they are intended to represent as well as some measure of blood.

Current Dolls
Hair Only:
Cyrus Gallant (Incomplete: Hair Only)
Hassan al'Jameel (Incomplete: Hair Only)
Trevois Bonenfant (Incomplete: Hair Only)
Yunon Ambrosius (Incomplete: Hair Only)
Kamaboko (Incomplete: Hair Only)
Dixon (Incomplete: Hair Only)
Andrei Lopatar (Incomplete: Hair Only)
Salvisius Imbrex (Incomplete: Hair Only)
Sarah Harrow (Incomplete: Hair Only)
Jacob Dumerite (Incomplete: Hair Only)
Valentin Antonescu (Incomplete: Hair Only)
Eth (Incomplete: Hair Only)
Grayson Alistar (Incomplete: Hair Only)
Atuar Thorad {Incomplete: Hair)
Corin Bluespire: {Incomplete: Hair Only)
Remir Vastward: {Incomplete: Hair Only)
Weyland Sinclair: {Incomplete: Hair Only)

Blood Only:
Rolland Steele (Incomplete: Blood Only)
Thravl Crimsonfist (Incomplete: Blood Only)
Ser Patrique (Incomplete: Blood Only)
Eisenhauer Flametongue (Incomplete: Blood Only)
Drago Twinkiellpockn (Incomplete: Blood Only)
Toma Varzaru (Incomplete: Blood Only)
Mithos Porter (Incomplete: Blood Only)
Kieri Sakido Veri (Incomplete: Blood Only)
Aline Niven (Incomplete: Blood Only)
Micha Ladeths (Incomplete: Blood Only)
Malek Reed (Incomplete: Blood Only)
Heron Rathe (Incomplete: Blood Only)
Wallek Amraphenner (Incomplete: Blood Only)
Jamila Swift (Incomplete: Blood Only)
Radik Snow (Incomplete: Blood Only)
Dryjka Pietrochenko (Incomplete: Blood Only)
Gias Blake (Incomplete: Blood Only)
Whittaker Garrick (Incomplete: Blood Only)
Bes'lyth Dwin'arnith (Incomplete: Blood Only)
Morian (Incomplete: Blood Only)
Naebum (incomplete: Blood Only)
Wrak (incomplete: Blood Only)
Judith (incomplete: Blood Only)
Trihani Baubblebang (incomplete: Blood Only)
Simos Kaelorn (Incomplete: blood Only)
Narcissa Bogdan (Incomplete: Blood)
Valinar Duskbane (Incomplete: Blood Only)

Complete:
Kainan Varela (Complete)
Teodar Dragomir (Complete)
Erzsebet Varga (Complete)
Henri Lachance (Complete)
Perdiot Olivene (Complete)
Vittore (Complete)
Vargas Rook (Complete)
Adrian by Viklov (Complete)
Ambrose De'Korban (Complete)
Ovidiu Arna (Complete)
Calrin Gyndux (Complete)
Borval Skullbreaker (Complete)
Aelar Jadys'varion (Complete)
Noram (Complete)
Bram Swift (Complete)
Luca Dantis (Complete)
Aldric Caine (Completed)
Bruce Kindrigen (Complete)
Otilia Albu (Complete)
Devala Marrinsbane (Complete)
Jack harper (Complete)
Eilif Ragnarson (Complete)
Leilana Ghirendir (Complete)
Fey (Complete)
Lon Blackhand (Complete)
Leandros Alhund (Complete)
Veuv Devussah (Complete)
Finch Muller (Complete)
Kythaela Orifiel (Complete)
Sanaldo Borinson (Complete)
Hestina (Complete)
Lexington Havenshire (Complete)
Sheldon Aileanach (Complete)
Wislem Consin (Complete)
Elrebril Nefzen (Complete)
Aehrin Grimfallow (Complete)
Lissa Tyrnea (Complete)
Laiken Amraphel (Complete)
Noriandir Lyonsen (Complete)
Rythic Tal (Complete)
Samuel Lamortier (Complete)
Dur'vae (Complete)
Tinu Naur (Complete)
Torvald Gorstien (Complete)
Charraj (Cpomplete)
Yoska Husik (Complete)
Korimar Kulenov (Complete)
Raenok Velisandre (Complete)
Valinar Duskbane (Complete)
Maleesa Takmarin (Complete)

Special:
Slaogr (Blood & Skin Only)
Vladimir Doerescu (Complete: Flesh Added)
Leon Shelks (Complete: Flesh Added, Cremated Ashes)
Dilara Stayanoga (Complete: Flesh Added)
Urk Bedurk (Complete: Flesh Added)
Morvayn Sven (Complete: Clothing Added)
Daevara Highland (Complete: Flesh Added)
Rando Nine-Fingers (Tooth)
T'rissa (Complete: Flesh Added)
Anton Constantinescu (Incomplete: Pebble)

Marked

Urk

Spoiler: Family • show
Father: Beau Savu
Mother: Crina Savu
Sibling: Mihai Savu
Sibling: Lucian Savu

Family Information

Character Theme Songs

« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 02:28:54 AM by Miuo »

Miuo

• Dark Power
Re: The Darling Cards of Fate
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 12:32:15 AM »
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 12:41:08 AM by Miuo »

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 02:36:53 AM »

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 07:16:34 PM »

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 11:21:50 PM »
I think the cards are angry with me. . for neglecting them so and straying so far from my path. I need to focus less i fall out of favor with them. Iv neglected them so long i fear what may come from me doing so.

Perhaps it is time i turn them upon the outlanders and let the cards find their way into the hands of those who will be of use to them. I will need their aid if i wish to continue to hide from mother and what she seeks of me. I will not lie though. . It was almost nice to act free and unchained from my past. I suppose it was all a lie i tricked my self into though.

Zachan continues to be a source of amusement, he is the same age as me. Yet seems more like a small child who is my little brother. He lessens the burden with his distractions. Perhaps i should use him as my first step back into favor with the cards.

My studies with herbs progresses well. . though i have trouble focusing. Perhaps that was one thing mother was good for. Keeping us focused only and entirely on the tasks at hand. But i would not be as I am if she had not made me this way. I had thought the wardens a place for me perhaps. A place for me to become something better then my self and with purpose. But now i see how foolish i was to hope for such. It was only half a day before one of them asked me to read his cards. I do not think iv ever been so afraid of the cards. The cards warned me of him, i should not be surprised after what came to follow. After i fled, i was later approached by what i assume is his lover. I was asked to read her, and i did so. Only for her to question me about his reading. I knew what she was after and make a small gamble on things. If i told her and she kept her word to say nothing i would know i could trust the wardens. If she did not, i would know they cant be trusted and the warning was just. I am left with the dark knowledge the cards warning was just.

As much as i hunger for knowledge and my freedom, I start to become depressed at my aspects here. Not long after my aforementioned troubles with the wardens. Iv come to discover another of theirs. A man i was slightly fond of in the sense he may of become a ally and someone i could discuss his faith with. But he has only further tethered my view of those who call them selves wardens.

As a group we descended into the crypts with very little discussion on things. Who could offer what to who. How things would be divided or collected. Once below all they did was rush. I tried to collect the knuckles for tonics but they abandoned me, to rush ahead. Not stopping once for me or saying anything till i tried to collect as they fought to keep from being left behind. All he could say was i was a disappointment and try to shame me. Saying i was at fault, and looking upon me. Asking if i had thought to wait, or not collect at all and do so on the way back. But it did not mater what i said in reply or the fact they had left me behind twice with little consideration or worry for me.

They only cared for what they desired, in the manner they desired it. I see such now, people like them do not care for the weak or left behind. They care only for their glory and having their way. Anyone who stands in the way or such or keeps them from attaining such is nothingness to them, something below them to be stepped upon as they reach for meaning recognition.

In realization of these facts, i find my self left sullen and lost. What purpose do i serve if iv nothing to commit to or be apart of. With neither i am left to watch betrayals and lies unfold. But such was what the card revealed, perhaps the cared did not mean to warn me only of Andras, but of all wardens? Three have proven to anything but what they are to be, how many others are the same?

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 01:37:43 PM »

Winds of change seem upon me, things seem to be taking a change for the better. Such change came rather unexpectedly to be truthful. I seem to of made a new friend, a women of similar nature to me. Made into what she is at the hands of others, she has asked me to put one of my skills to use. It will be the first time iv made such a doll on my own, so I am nervous to see if it will work as it should. But if it does i believe it will make her quite happy and remove some of the sorrow that grips her. The wardens have approached me as well to clear up their missgivings and some other issues that have crept up concerning them. Their word seems true, the giant one has offered a lock of his hair to me as symbol of his word. I am unsure if he is aware of why i desired it or what i could do with it. But non the less, should his word prove false or I am lied to again it will be a mistake he will not easily forget.

It seems the ezrite i dislike so greatly is not a "silver" warden. But a "warden" of his faith. A confusion easily occurring given such naming. Lately iv been thinking about home quite often, all the things mother forced upon us to learn. The hatred she created between her children. . .I know it wrong, and I know now that she was a horrible women who did nothing but manipulate all those around her for her own means. Yet I find my self missing her, wishing to look over my shoulder for her watchful gaze as i read the cards. Or when i gather herbs and other materials.

Sometimes i think i can almost hear her voice in my head instructing me. Commenting with dissaproval of how she could of done such better. I wonder if her voice will ever leave me. . .and if i shall be happy or saddened by such when it is gone. .

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 04:45:40 PM »

My will shudders as the days pass, the pompous cruelty of others pushes me back once more to the teachings of my mother. I feel bitter most days, perhaps it is childish behavior I feel such. But lately it seems as if most elves I encounter revel in their pompous belief that they are far superior and there for all other beings are beneath them. Not deserving of any form of kind grace that most would expect in a social setting. I could understand if they mistreated me because I personally had wronged them in some way. But such is not the case, I am left feeling excluded as well because of my dislike for one of the Ezrite wardens. Despite it being his fault to cause my dislike, and cause me to regard all ezrites in a similar way to him. It may be childish to believe such, but none has given me reason to believe the ezrites are more then the mans actions. As those ezrites iv encountered seem to believe his actions quite fine. Miss Juliette has suffered at the mans hand as well, far more then my self but at the hands of the same man. I do not think id freely make the doll for any other, because of the focus such would bring on me, and much worse if it was revealed it was I who made the doll.

Is it wicked of me to desire seeing the harm inflicted upon him by miss juliette? To see see bones snap without reason, or flesh scald and blister without cause? I long to see the mix of confusion and pain upon his face as unseen forced take hold of him and punish him for the wrong doings he has escaped unpunished.

The longer i am away from home, the more i struggle to push on. My lacking skill in common causes others around me to look upon me as if i am dim. Coupled with the blind dislike for me, iv begun to doubt my resolve. Why be nice and struggle to fit in when others could not care or hate me either way? It is draining and crushing to struggle so much. Why be "good" when none seem to like or care if i am. Perhaps I was born to be as "evil" as mother intended me to be. Being good only seems to earn you hatred.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2015, 01:23:08 AM »

I'v with held from writing for some time now, the desire to has escaped me. It isn't as if there has been anything of particular interest to write about either till recently. A outsider man seems to of taken a odd obsessive interest in me. Though since we both mysteriously found our selves lost in the mists iv not seen him since. Some good has come from being trapped here in the mists though. Iv felt my self become stronger, and the small camp has allowed me to meet some new allies.

Though the camp seems infested with ezrites. If the vistani were not so close and ever watching I might actually try to deface the stone marker or remove it all together. I am torn between my blind anger and mistrust when it regards them, and the desire to be more then a vessel of seething hatred and anger.

I grow tired of my collection of tomes, I could almost recite them all from cover to cover, and backwards if needed. There isn't much of anything to do in the camp other then read, that and sit about waiting for any who may pass through. I grow weary of the camp though despite the boon it has been on my abilities. I miss the freedom of being able to wander at will and not needing to pay a tidy sum every time i wish to leave.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2015, 03:35:25 AM »

There is much i wish to write about, but every thought and thing that has happened since i last wrote is a mess of tangled strings. I want to put everything to the pages in a perfectly but words escape me. Iv begun to wonder if it would simply be easier and more efficient to make entries in the form of a list. Though it feels like doing so defeats the purpose of keeping records of the mind and thought.

The man i wrote of before seems to of vanished as quickly as he appeared. And another has presented him self to me. A gnome clad in the color of the ezrites, despite his choice of coloring he seems a man who iv little need to worry about. He is resourceful, kind and patient with me. His. . .affections confuse me. Little has changed between us, which makes me more unsure of such. Iv seen the way mother and father are, as well as others who have come to couple and marry. But we are still strangers to one another and little more then friends. Despite such it is his company i enjoy above others. And the one i trust most. He agreed to help me appease the cards with little question of what would be expected of him in doing such.

Despite such, he presses about my past. I worry it may get him into to much trouble if he knows more then he should. In the mean time iv changed the coloring of my hair to make it harder for Mother to find where i am. Even with out here i grow in power, with my hands alone i fended off several mountain werewolves. Something i could never of dreamed of when i fled home. I fear though that with everything else going to well my cards will only fall further out of favor with me. Though i am hesitant to use them. There was a woman who peddles the same art. At first i worried she a spy for mother, though perhaps she is a fellow traveler and servant to them. I regret not approaching her to inquire further. But night had fallen, and with the man dressing as a sun cultist going about claiming the sun god and ezra dead i don't think it wise of me to stay out long once the sun has fallen from the sky.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 08:16:26 AM »

Peridot and I spent the entire eve about the mountains making attempt at torturous attempt at the mountain werewolves. While they pushed us and challenged us, the entire effort felt lack luster when we eventually had to leave and found nothing of note. It is frustrating to feel your self work so hard and push your self to the absolute limits. Despite such it was exhilarating to fight along side him and see both of us pushed so hard to survive and kill something so much more powerful then our selves.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 01:14:10 PM »

Iv finally brought a number of scrolls under my power, mastering them enough to cast them with ease. Though there are two that interest me most, one to turn living flesh to stone. The other summon a hound like creature that so far from what iv seen is beyond powerful. Iv begun to neglect the cards. Being a servant to them is harder then i believed it to be. I cant help but think Peridot might be a distraction to such. Our time together has left room for little else.

Even if he is a distraction, he has helped to push me. To do more, to be more then my self. He has made it so his allies and friends wish me to join when they venture to places like the Alhoon. Or to travel far from the places i find safe and comfortable, namely Vallaki. The more I am with him, the more he reminds me of my papa. I worry. . .that we are to become like mother and papa.

Though such may yet turn, I see a darkness with in him. One i recognize as being with in my self. I am unsure if i should worry or revel in the fact iv found such a kin soul to walk with.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2015, 06:55:24 PM »

Things remain ever quiet and simple between he and I, i do not wish to use the word dull. But at times such is how it seems, there are no others, just us. There is no goal, or larger hand at play. Perhaps it time i give my self over to something that can fill my time. A religious order would offer means of protection as well, though I care little for such corruption it may serve my needs. It could equally open us up to harm as well, the prying eyes of the truly faithful along with their ears open to others words of our action. Though i suppose it just as easy to lie about such things, specially with the ezrite given their many sects and complete disorganization when it comes to their faith. He already likes the color green, and it would not be terrible hard to convert my self to such coloring.

Iv yet to decide what i will to with the severed arm from his ritual though, iv entertained thoughts of fashioning a dagger from the bone. The flesh seems useless, though i could tan it i suppose and make a doll from it. It would be by far the most complete of the ones iv made thus far. The ritual we preformed was rather exciting, i am most familiar with the body of the common forms of humanized, though iv never had need to dissect and detach a arm in such a way before. It has proven to be a rather excellent learning experience. Though since such iv found my self curious of how much can ones body take before it can no longer hold on due to the shock. The removement of limbs seems easy and minimally time consuming. Organs would be the tricky part, which order should they be removed to promote maximum length of conscious awareness before scumming to the act. Iv a similar wonder concerning skin, i wonder if it possible to remove the entirement of a humanoids flesh with minimal breaks to overall whole. Such things may prove a worthwhile distraction for the time being.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2015, 04:29:43 PM »

I am still enraged that my magic should be corrupted so easily by a imorti, that i should even fall at her hands. If not for Perdiot i am unsure if i would ever of awoken again. Time after time we believe we make strides of becoming more powerful, more adept in our abilities only to be shown we have gained little. Over these past weeks all i have to show for my time is a small amount of growing wealth that iv little use for. And nothing of interest to spend it upon.

Perdiot has told me some of his life before he was claimed, I believe we are more kindred then first believed. Neither of us has known or been embraced by a loving caring family. We have been the prisoners and slaves to others wills and desires. But here in vallaki, we are both free from our pasts. At least for now. I fear closing my eyes, because when they open again mother may of found me. I doubt very much that he would ever let me be taken willingly. . .But he does not know her as i do, or the darkness she possess at her finger tips. I would sooner take on a imorti witch with only a rusted spoon then face mother again on equal footing.

Still a sense of boredom comes over me when i forget why i am here in the city. I desire something to thrill and excitement as i was when i first came to Vallaki. I have met with the garda though, to inform them of Val. Perdiot may call him friend, but those of this land are still my people. Id sooner see the elf dead then let him boast to more that those who protect barovia could be so vulnerable.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2015, 02:56:59 AM »

It has been a odd day, one that feels unrealistic. I feel as if i am a reflection in a mirror, that there are two of me. One who wishes to be the opposite of what mother wished me to become. And the me who knows no other way of being then what mother bore me to be. Poppy, a halfling woman I had met around the same time as Perdiot. A foolish girl of the same age as my self. Yet more childish in her view of things, she has brought grief and sadness onto her self. Falling crippled beneath it. The darkness with in me urged me to prey upon it, to revel and make it blossom till she was nothing more then broken thing we could make use of.

It began with the tears of lithe, id thought it be amusing to see her sorrows cripple her. But it didn't, it annoyed me. I quickly grew bored with her sobbing of self inflicted misery. She chose to play games with the man she  professes to love, only to have such destroy the very thing she desired most. In my annoyance and haste i turned her into a small creature. One to be handled more easily.

I can tell my self it was so that her mind would fade and she could heal. But mothers voice is there to echo in my head. I did it because it silenced her annoying cries and solved the issue quickly and cleanly. She was nothing more then a void of bleak depressing self inflicted misery. In her altered form, she could still live a long happy life. Even if it be in the form of a lesser being.

Though my whim was quickly cut short when the judgmental brute from the mists decided to revert such. Poppy was angry at first, but my whim seemed to resonate with in her. She saw reason that if she remained as she was she would serve no purpose, other then to continue suffering and desiring something she could no longer have. Instead she was offered relief and time to distance her self from the pain. Though there were some stipulations on her part, iv decided that come each full moon the process will be reverted and she will be given time and a chance to choose to remain as herself or to once more revert to a form where she can escape her own mind.

In the end i am left unsure which side has chosen. . Or if it was one made in unison between both sides. A benevolent hand offering a friend reprieve and escape from that which torments her, or the manipulative calculated act of someone who wishes to control and impose my witchcraft over another. Perhaps only time shall tell. . .

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2015, 03:44:48 PM »

Iv taken up another trade to pass the time, though soon i think i will need to also begin gathering leathers and furs to work with as well. One trade seems to lead to the other, i am unsure how many trades i will be able to endure though. The materials for each are weighty and space consuming. A dangerous thing to do given recent events. During a venture to the ruins on the hill, odd things began to occur. The others said the witch who was shadowing us, and tormenting us was clad in Morninglord robes. I did not see them well enough, they were of similar hue though i suppose. .

But she was far from a follower, she trapped us in room, herded us about and sent a creature made of blood to try and kill us. It was more powerful then anything we've seen in the ruins so far, but it was not enough for her. In the hall of sarcophagi she spread webs from wall to wall, forming a wall between us. Those with us were rushing and seeked to engage her in violence. . .If it was only Perdiot and I, i think she would of spoken more with us. She was the first we had seen not mad with blood thirst and violence. After that she was no where to be found, and everything stopped. A disappointing end, but perhaps lucky as well. . If she remaind who is to know what would of became of us.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2016, 04:55:03 AM »
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 09:15:02 PM by Miuo »

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2016, 04:55:15 AM »
((Dont archive please.