You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Krezk Outpost  (Read 2244 times)

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
Krezk Outpost
« on: May 08, 2015, 04:34:41 PM »
I like the area, but after thinking about it I realized that the dock is in the wrong spot for the lake-which then made me wonder how the ferry even got to Krezk considering the lake didn't extend that way. I checked maps and didn't really see anything-is there some river that connects to it I'm not aware of? Can someone shed some light on this for me. I'm confused now :(
Eilithar Cael'aera | Eowaril | Rowan Tallstag | Tobias Loarca | Kiiren Josivir

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Krezk Outpost
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 04:46:11 PM »
Good catch.

Here's the map of Barovia:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d196/JesterCanuk/Ravenloft/Jester-Barovia-1.png

If you look at the river that flows from Lake Krezk, it's actually a tributary of the Luna River. The Luna River seems to essentially start at Lake Zarovich and flow westward (logically towards the ocean but Ravenloft is rarely a logical place). So you could go on a boat on the Luna River, then go back upstream on that river and reach the outpost.

edit: Actually, on Jester's larger map of the Core, he also names it the Luna River (though it should technically be a tributary). That being said, the docks probably should face south but that's a minor thing.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 04:50:24 PM by EO »

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 05:53:15 PM »
Is there any chance we could get delivery quests added there to and from valiki and or the zeklos outpost?

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 05:53:56 PM »
Ah yeah I figured there was, you guys are pretty spot on when it comes to that stuff. That's a much better map than the ones I'd found also. Thanks!
Eilithar Cael'aera | Eowaril | Rowan Tallstag | Tobias Loarca | Kiiren Josivir

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 10:21:57 AM »
I doublechecked in the toolset finally and everything seems fine. You cross the river Baratak (which flows from Lake Krezk) to get to the Outpost and the docks do face south on that river. That river eventually joins the Luna River, which is how you get to Vallaki. It's a pretty long trip actually but it's feasible.

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 03:05:34 PM »
I doublechecked in the toolset finally and everything seems fine. You cross the river Baratak (which flows from Lake Krezk) to get to the Outpost and the docks do face south on that river. That river eventually joins the Luna River, which is how you get to Vallaki. It's a pretty long trip actually but it's feasible.

Maybe I should start a new thread for this. But in terms of the fact that this is actually a long trip, and most river travel is slow going, what are the odds of adding a cut scene - instead of being instant travel. Either something similar to The Capture (with a boat on the water, and mists moving by) or maybe just an area you load into for a few minutes (maybe even a game hour, like the caravan) that's a ships interior.

<_< Sorry to derail the thread. It just came to me.
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.