You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Question about Auto Attack Related Deaths  (Read 1471 times)

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
Question about Auto Attack Related Deaths
« on: April 30, 2015, 08:01:13 PM »
I was in the Deep Caverns under Tergs. And was in GS, with a summon fighting them. And watching from afar, when my summon died, one strayed a little to close and miuo decided to attack on her own. Breaking my GS and then getting he horribly and quickly killed :/

Am i SoL, or can i possibly get a dm saving from such?

Dread

• Dark Power
Re: Question about Auto Attack Related Deaths
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 08:18:59 PM »
It's a risk all who do what you were doing take, I doubt anyone's going to give you a freebie honestly; I've died the same way with invisibility breaking when something got close and my character auto-attacked. Pro-tip: get a crossbow or something, you don't auto-attack with ranged weaponry.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 08:25:01 PM »
Well, figured it was worth asking. Other then a ranged weapon out. is there any way to disable, stop Auto attack all together?

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 08:48:19 PM »
Hmm, the more i think about it. Is it possible to create something like Subdual? That you can toggle on and off. But for auto attack?

emptyanima

• Making & Breaking Characters Since May 2013
  • Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Dark Power
  • She Who Slays Dragons
    • Emptyanima Portrait Pack
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 09:10:24 PM »
As far as my limited knowledge of the engine goes, it's hard-coded.

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 09:34:26 PM »
Use a sling with no ammo. It's barely noticeable RP wise and works wonders when you need not to hit anything.
Not all who wander are lost.

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 10:41:40 PM »
Huh, I didn't think auto attack worked in GS!

Anyway, most people like using the ranged weapon method. I prefer to just stay aware and keep my melee weapons out since I'm usually using invisibility and a monster might notice me and attack, and my ac is much much higher with weapons out. So yeah, I just keep in mind what will provoke an auto attack and don't let myself get put in that position. Also, moving with the keyboard will prevent you from attacking while you're moving past enemies
Tobias Loarca | Braern Delsaryn | Anwar

NWN_lovableweremink

• Outlander
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 11:53:27 PM »
maybe it's  just me, but I've noticed that Isi seems to auto attack all the time now, where before she wouldn't. Maybe something got tweeked in the last update? Anyway Now that it's happening, I've adjusted my play to not stand so close to the enemy when invisible.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2015, 08:04:49 AM »
I have noticed the AI for things seems a little wonky, i thought it was just me.

Monsters seem to just stand about and do nothing for a few seconds now from time to time. And some times the same with my summon. Despite enemies being right there and attacking me, he will just do nothing, or some times start casting and then cancel, and just stand there a bit before he decides to attack?

If it isnt just me noticing such, could make another thread i guess.

But on topic wise, that sorta sucks though that it cant be made toggalable. And ya, itsnt the first time Miuo's done such in gs. Though rare i usually get away or just get another GS off before anything bad happens. This time however, it just didn't end well. I got saved though, so no huge issue. Still sucks though, but i will keep my sling out if i want avoid such in the future though :3