Author Topic: Triloch confusion attack - unsaveable?  (Read 2345 times)

Nemesis 24

• Dark Power
Triloch confusion attack - unsaveable?
« on: April 23, 2015, 02:45:04 AM »
The triloch beneath tergs seem a trifle unbalanced.  Because what they do is a touch attack, it bypasses all saves.  As a result once in a state of confusion, you cannot get out of it, as it will use the confusion attack again and again - considering this can corpse an entire party - and nearly did - I'm a bit hesitant.  Is this deliberate, or an oversight?  If the former, well, whoops :P

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
Re: Triloch confusion attack - unsaveable?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 05:05:59 AM »
Clarity protects you against such and then they are somewhat pretty easy to kill. I like them the way they are

Knas

• Developers
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • Worthless phony
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 11:24:16 AM »
The triloch beneath tergs seem a trifle unbalanced.  Because what they do is a touch attack, it bypasses all saves.  As a result once in a state of confusion, you cannot get out of it, as it will use the confusion attack again and again - considering this can corpse an entire party - and nearly did - I'm a bit hesitant.  Is this deliberate, or an oversight?  If the former, well, whoops :P

Well seeing as it's a touch attack you can save by dodging it!

Nemesis 24

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 05:53:40 PM »
But I'm so heaaaaaaavyyyyyy in all this stupid armour...!

But fair enough.  I was just wondering if it was a deliberate mechanic, and I guess it is!

DM Nocturne

• Sanguis Noctis
  • Dark Power
  • Vampires don't do dishes
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 06:37:30 PM »
I quite like an element of risk if unprepared.

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 06:45:40 PM »
Well, we sorta messed up on that or I think we woulda been alright Nemesis  :lol:

The combination of combat drawing all the spawns including the trillochs to us, our wards fading right at that moment and no one having a dreamcatcher handy was just the perfect storm

Trillochs aren't really all that hard to kill as long as you're prepared to handle them, which we were not
Eilithar Cael'aera | Eowaril | Rowan Tallstag | Tobias Loarca | Kiiren Josivir

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 07:19:56 PM »

like you get hit by harm... Better come prepaired with negative energy protection... and deathward... hehe

Its no fun if everything is easy.

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 07:53:40 PM »
Well, we sorta messed up on that or I think we woulda been alright Nemesis  :lol:

The combination of combat drawing all the spawns including the trillochs to us, our wards fading right at that moment and no one having a dreamcatcher handy was just the perfect storm

Trillochs aren't really all that hard to kill as long as you're prepared to handle them, which we were not

If they got pulled to the big room, i believe that may be something their currently fixing as partiess iv been with have all had similar problems, start killing stuff in the main big room and the other three rooms start getting drawn. Before (some time ago) you could get right up to their door, toss a clarity on and then go in and start dealing with them. Now it seems like you step into a dungeon and the rooms start emptying out as everything gets drawn to you.

like you get hit by harm... Better come prepaired with negative energy protection... and deathward... hehe

Its no fun if everything is easy.

Pretty much my motto on entering anywhere. . .just cast everything. . .to be safe. But ya, i like becoming actually afraid when my spells start fading and having to be worried im exposed in someway that can be used against me. That and the trilloch are good party building foes. Teaches people to listen and work as a group, the people that ignore the experienced party member end up dead in a few seconds. They end up listening the next go around  :twisted:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 07:57:11 PM by Miuo »