You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Necromancy: Undead; Flavor and Variation suggestions.  (Read 1257 times)

Xarnata_Mobile

Necromancy: Undead; Flavor and Variation suggestions.
« on: April 13, 2015, 04:50:17 PM »
A disclaimer on this thread:
This is for Ideas surrounding the Create Undead Spell when dealing with PC corpses. Not changes to the spells that summon undead or animate skeletal remains
--------------

Right, here goes.
With the spell Resurrection spells requiring Diamonds to bring PCs back from the dead as being a material component, it gives it a bit of an awesome ambulance feel to it.
I was going to suggest adding a similar script but adding Black Sapphires to the loot tables (varying sizes) and essentially replicate the resurrection script changing the failures (zombification) to spell failure or corpslosion (impare or skeletalize). Changing the failure chance locations from hostile areas to peaceful locations (druid hotspots, areas with 'hallowed ground like outskirts). This coupled with a bit more power to the undead, such as giving them arms/armor that stay on the corpse. (Restricted to simple weapons and medium armor, no gauntlets, rings etc. This way true blue necros get a little more bang for their buck if they go out and snag a body to lug around.

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
Re: Necromancy: Undead; Flavor and Variation suggestions.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 05:00:00 PM »
I actually think this could be a good idea. Although instead of sapphires, why not black onyx? It's already in the system, and 90% certain that the spell requires black onyx at least in P&P. Could be neat for sure
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

emptyanima

• Making & Breaking Characters Since May 2013
  • Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Dark Power
  • She Who Slays Dragons
    • Emptyanima Portrait Pack
Re: Necromancy: Undead; Flavor and Variation suggestions.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 05:07:44 PM »
An onyx placed into the mouth or eye of the deceased, I think.