Author Topic: AC Bug?  (Read 1691 times)

Desident

• Undead Master
AC Bug?
« on: April 13, 2015, 06:03:01 AM »
Spoiler: show

Screencap in Spoiler

Not sure why, but I saw this while in the crypts below the temple, and knew that something was up. My listed AC is 19 while Dual-wielding, And my armor makes it an effective AC of 21 vs. Bludgeoning (unless I'm mistaken). But even if you discount the AC from dual wielding, and the armor's bludgeoning bonus, it's an 18.... But somehow the maddened zombie, which used it's fist, hit me with a 16. I just can't explain it. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 06:09:30 AM by ImAll4HPserver »

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
Re: AC Bug?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 07:19:08 AM »
was it attacking you with piercing damage? *total newb question, I know* I just don't remember how that works sometimes. Most armors that give +2 to Slashing/Bludgeoning give a -2 to piercing, which would explain the 16 hit.
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

Mereyn

• Undead Slayer
  • Resident Observer of the Freakshow
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 07:28:48 AM »
Was the Maddened Corpse by chance behind you? In that case:
To flank is to be directly on the other side of a character who is currently attacking another character. A flanking attacker gains a +2 flanking bonus on attack rolls against the defender.
 (This does not count towards the +20 attack bonus cap.) A rogue can sneak attack a defender that he is flanking. For example, suppose characters A and B are attacking one another.
 Should character C decide to attack either of them, he/she would receive a +2 AB flanking bonus.

Source: http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Flank

Desident

• Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 08:52:15 AM »
To answer Tycat, unless it's fists deal piercing damage, then no.

To answer Mereyn,  I -believe- it was toward my characters '3 o'clock', but the bonus is added to your attack roll, which is displayed in the combat log (See the highlighted bit in the text box), thus it's non-flanking AB would be a 5. What you suggest is that all flanking rolls on the server would consistently be 2 higher than the combat log says it is. Which would be very bad.

But if you hypothetically add an unlisted bonus, it'd still only be an 18, while my AC was 19.

Mereyn

• Undead Slayer
  • Resident Observer of the Freakshow
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 09:04:10 AM »
Was the Maddened Corpse visible before making the attack roll against you?
(Since it happens rather often that they sneak up on you, which would then apply the flat-foot, which isn't being shown, as it's your effective AC being lowered quite a bit.)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 09:06:15 AM by Mereyn »

julienchab

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 09:37:41 AM »
If he wasn't your primary target and you have uncanny dodge, you don't have your dex bonus and your dodge AC bonus to your AC.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 09:51:47 AM »
if they were at your 3 o'clock... you might have lost your shield bonuse as well

Edit: oh wait... your dualwielding.... Not sure if that bonuse works the same

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

Desident

• Undead Master
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 03:41:59 PM »
Mereyn: He was visible. O.O

Julienchab: I don't have uncanny dodge.  :oops:

Syl: Yep. Was dual wielding.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 03:58:01 PM »
well then i still have to ask is if the two wep defence ac still get added in if your flanked/ not being attacked directly from the front.

or is it treated like shield ac and you lose it unless your attacked from the front...

( course a DM or developer might need to answer that one.)

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero