Suggestions & Feedback (OOC) > Systems

Crafting Tutorials: Complete (Except Enchanting)

(1/8) > >>

emptyanima:
I'm currently in the process of making videos designed to help those who want to start a craft but aren't sure how to start. I'll update this post with videos as I complete them. Turn on annotations! To note, the initial -5 penalty comes when the recipe is not known. Once you are successful in making an item, the penalty will be lifted.

Hide Curing/Leather Boiling/Leather Working:

Alchemy:

Mining/Smelting/Smithing (I briefly describe gilding):

Carpentry/Woodworking:

Tailoring:

Herbalism:

General Updates:

julienchab:
Is it really such a good idea to make those videos? Finding a mentor to teach how to craft and make the items you wish to do can bring a lot of roleplay and be very rewarding. Making those videos could take off some roleplay opportunities.

This is no flaming by the way, just a thought. I hope it doesn't sound like a flame :S

emptyanima:
No, I see your point, I don't see it as a flame. If you'd rather learn through RP, you can simply avoid watching the videos. In addition, I only cover the basics, so more complex recipes will still require trial and error, and maybe a little bit of mentoring. :)

EDIT: Qwerty said it better. :)

Deceit:

--- Quote from: julienchab on April 07, 2015, 02:30:08 PM ---Finding a mentor to teach how to craft and make the items you wish to do can bring a lot of roleplay and be very rewarding. Making those videos could take off some roleplay opportunities.
--- End quote ---
People are definitely still welcome to RP that sort of thing anyway and I don't think anyone, who would've RPd it before, won't RP it now. I think something like this will just help cut back on the OOC tells crafters get asking "how do I do this basic crafting thing?" -and I don't know about anyone else, but this happens to me fairly often.

Dumas:
Good work, emptyanima! Crafting just seems like a secret trade to me... glad to see it explained!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version