You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Radu - Perceptian Range  (Read 2374 times)

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
Radu - Perceptian Range
« on: March 23, 2015, 06:03:21 PM »
Iv noticed quite a bit lately, allot of those who should anger Radu don't because they are just on the edge of his perception range. Which is actually really close, enough so that he should be able to note some blatant oddities. Or monstrous/misshapen bodies.

Would suggest his perception range be much further, though sadly that also ends up cheesing it a little when he isnt supposed to be able to see around corners or through thick trees. . . . But on the other hand then there is clear freakish forms standing near enough to see but he doesn't say a thing or try and roust them from the area.

If it were possible. . . . Maybe a uniquely drawn trigger instead. That  can be shaped to better represent his sight lines and still keep it fair and realistic?

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
Re: Radu - Perceptian Range
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 08:31:43 PM »
I make him move randomly. Look out.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 02:17:18 AM »
I make him move randomly. Look out.

Feel free to interact with my character Moonbrooke then, he's a regular at the Lady's Resting Place.  ;)  As for the perception range, wasn't it lowered before because it was unrealistically wide or something? I could be mistaken...

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 04:08:54 AM »
Is why i think a trigger of sorts would be better as it would be far more exact and realistic without making it to short or to insanely wide and give him the ability to see through thick foliage and such. You would be able to draw exactly where he sees, and more importantly where he cant. Allowing for little hiding spots about.

The cluster of pine trees near the little hill is a perfect example. Someone standing amonst them could easily use them as shelter from Radu's gaze. But due to his perception range he can "see" them. But those standing in a clear line of sight on the road he doesn't even react at all. Which seems horribly broken :/
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 04:11:45 AM by Miuo »

Kendric98

• Dark Power
  • Omnipotent Overlord of the Omniverse!
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 09:03:45 AM »
He must be near sighted or something because its to short, need to add about the diameter of a fireball to his range at least.

Samson/Tatyanna Costella

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 12:23:12 PM »
The problem is the by augmenting his spot range the rear of the inn becomes a real deathtrap for those in need of sneaking out of the outskirt. For his actual range, it is more than adequate as is. I merely consider that it is just that he does not want the "freaks" too near his inn but otherwise does not care. His job being to guard the inn not the outskirt. That being the Garda's job.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 12:33:50 PM by MAB77 »
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

peps

• Undead Master
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 12:42:07 PM »
The problem is the by augmenting his spot range the rear of the inn becomes a real deathtrap for those in need of sneaking out of the outskirt. For his actual range, it is more than adequate as is. I merely consider that it is just that he does not want the "freaks" too near his inn but otherwise does not care. His job being to guard the inn not the outskirt. That being the Garda's job.

That's why traveling at night is a key thing. If anyone chooses to pick a "freakish" race, then they need to understand the consequences.

Also, he is apart of the Garda, and if he was simply guarding the inn then I'm convinced he would have been placed solely inside. I think his existence is really to exemplify that Barovian stereotype, especially since the PC guards aren't always on.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 02:01:10 PM »
That's why traveling at night is a key thing. If anyone chooses to pick a "freakish" race, then they need to understand the consequences.

Also, he is apart of the Garda, and if he was simply guarding the inn then I'm convinced he would have been placed solely inside. I think his existence is really to exemplify that Barovian stereotype, especially since the PC guards aren't always on.

It makes no sense at all for Radu to be a Garda. No Barovian city guards would bother guarding an establishment catering only to outlanders. They protect their own, not others. I may be wrong about that, but he would have to be some sort of private guard hired by the innkeeper (she most certainly pays better than them anyway). Maybe if a DM could clarify his status please?
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 02:16:00 PM »
It makes no sense at all for Radu to be a Garda. No Barovian city guards would bother guarding an establishment catering only to outlanders. They protect their own, not others. I may be wrong about that, but he would have to be some sort of private guard hired by the innkeeper (she most certainly pays better than them anyway). Maybe if a DM could clarify his status please?

Correct. Radu is just a private guard; a sort of bouncer for the Lady's Rest. Before him, the former bouncer was actually a Gundarakite but that ended up being problematic IC and he was let go if I remember correctly when the original owner of the inn Cezar died (or something like that).

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 02:46:44 PM »

Correct. Radu is just a private guard; a sort of bouncer for the Lady's Rest. Before him, the former bouncer was actually a Gundarakite but that ended up being problematic IC and he was let go if I remember correctly when the original owner of the inn Cezar died (or something like that).

This actually makes me wonder, how are barovian-Forfarian and Barovian-Thanni Relations, as they also live within barovia manily around Immol but still curiose.

A normal snake

• SsSSSSsssss
  • Dark Power
  • Ssss
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015, 02:52:33 PM »
I have a Forfarian thug for one of the underworld groups I do things with. I haven't touched the Thaani though.