Author Topic: Aggro range on mobs.  (Read 1079 times)

Ingwulf

• Undead Master
Aggro range on mobs.
« on: March 21, 2015, 04:15:59 PM »
I have it happen to me multiple times that the aggro range in maps seems to be HUGE.

Just for instance I seemed to aggro all of Quartier Marchand one time. I managed quite fine but it seems strange that the enemies "hear" so well. I know that if mobs get away and inform others is possible, but most of the time I try to catch them in time.

Had that happen in the rat caves under barovia as well. Aggroed half the map.

Is it on purpose or is it a mishap?

Ingwulf Son of Bulwig
Daft The good soul
Vindur- natures explorer
Joric - Merc with no wishes

Feronius

• Dark Power
Re: Aggro range on mobs.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 04:24:18 PM »
When resting you attract all of the 'nearby' hostile mobs or there is a chance that you do, although I am not entirely sure on the chances of this happening.
I have no idea what the aggro range on it is either, but as far as I can tell it is pretty much always the entire zone. Was this what you were referring to or?

I have noticed a few occasions where nearby enemies seem to react to the sounds of a fight or dying monsters as well, at least I got the impression they did.
I could not tell you what the approximate aggro range on this was though, I am not even certain if it was a listen check that triggered these scenarios for me.

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 05:10:54 PM »
This is a result of the AI change I believe. I noticed enemies doing this after that was implemented at least. The cave in Blaustein you end up fighting all the reavers at once, because as soon as you're past the very first mob all the others can hear you fighting and come running to join in. Curst caves you end up fighting entire segments of the caves all at once for the same reason, no matter how careful you are. Trolls to an extent, but it seems like the area is spread out enough that it's not usually something that happens. I imagine it's the same in the fire caves in Hazlan, given the close proximity of most of the mobs to one another.
Eilithar Cael'aera | Eowaril | Rowan Tallstag | Tobias Loarca | Kiiren Josivir

Ingwulf

• Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 06:11:05 PM »
Yeah... I like the idea of them hearing combat and the like, but I think the range might be reduced slightly

Ingwulf Son of Bulwig
Daft The good soul
Vindur- natures explorer
Joric - Merc with no wishes

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 06:14:39 PM »
also keep in mind with the port, that many spawns tend to hear each other due to being on different levels. Notably the spawns near the mutined sailor and the one near the wood worker's shop.