Author Topic: Is there a reason why these robes are sorcerer only?  (Read 9941 times)

A normal snake

• SsSSSSsssss
  • Dark Power
  • Ssss
Is there a reason why these robes are sorcerer only?
« on: March 17, 2015, 01:51:47 PM »
I've always liked the robes of muted actions, robes of stasis, and robes of the transcendental thought. They do something none of the other caster robes do, they change how you cast low-level spells. It would be a good item for wizards as well as sorcerers, I'm wondering why the items are sorcerer only?

dark_majico

Re: Is there a reason why these robes are sorcerer only?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 09:07:06 AM »
Does automatic quicken spell work on wizards mechanically? Ive never taken the feat so I have no idea.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 09:30:07 AM »
Does automatic quicken spell work on wizards mechanically? Ive never taken the feat so I have no idea.

QUicken metamagic is like your casting the spell under the effect of haste. but only for that spell so yes it would work with a wizard mechanically, Think of it  like.... they know a shorter group of words to cast the spell so instead of some long incantation or words like " by the power invested in me FIREBALL!" and oput comes the fire ball it would be like them just going "FIREBALL!!" and BOOM! there it is.

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 09:42:23 AM »
Another seldom thought of advantage of quicken spell, is that it gives you a greater control to assign spell slot. If you like to toss fireballs you could now use both your 3rd and 4th level spell slots.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 09:55:21 AM »
in a wizard dual also, quickened spells cannot be countered either it's quiet handy in small ways. though I know a bug that seems ot happen is you can put the item on, prepaire the spell rest and then remove the robes and you still have the spells.

Errr... hang on thats the extend necklace bug... the robes are auto quicken lol

Claymora

• Outlander
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 11:09:41 AM »
Hate to be a bugbear, but those robes don't give those kinds of metamagic. They give the Automatic Quicken/Still/Silent spell feats for level 1. so that just means that whilst wearing them. Any 1st level spell you cast will be quickened/still/silent. That's all. Though any extended/silent cantrips won't be as I understand (metamagic-ed spells form normal feats don't get automatic-metamagic-ed via those feats.)

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 11:17:27 AM »
Hate to be a bugbear, but those robes don't give those kinds of metamagic. They give the Automatic Quicken/Still/Silent spell feats for level 1. so that just means that whilst wearing them. Any 1st level spell you cast will be quickened/still/silent. That's all. Though any extended/silent cantrips won't be as I understand (metamagic-ed spells form normal feats don't get automatic-metamagic-ed via those feats.)

Well hang on... it saiys its auto metamagic... and those are epic feats no? so it should effect a rang of spells like Cantrip through Blah... * goes and looks*

■Automatic quicken spell I: Quicken any level 0 - 3 spells.
■Automatic quicken spell II: Quicken any level 4 - 6 spells.
■Automatic quicken spell III: Quicken any level 7 - 9 spells.

So onl;y up to level 3 spells is quicken. or well... SHould be quickened.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 11:18:17 AM »
What i was talking about before was  abug for the  necklace that gave extend metamagic feat

MJ_Johansson

• Dark Lord
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 11:29:53 AM »
I've used these robes alot on my Sorc, and they work for all level 0-3 spells (Metamagiced spells excluded), most notably it means you can cast a quickened fireball or a quickened haste if you're ever caught unwarded and need a sudden explosion or speed boost. They are very good, especially on lower levels. It is an Epic feat.

Also to note, most of the common wards you use are around lvls 1-3, so it is a timesaver when warding larger groups of people and you can save your haste for the actual battle.

I do think they should be made availible to wizards aswell, though.
"Let love guide you, not fear."

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2015, 11:57:54 AM »
I always wondered whether the silent spell feat actually mutes/ removes the audio (the spoken mumbo jumbo) when casting a spell?

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2015, 12:00:38 PM »
I always wondered whether the silent spell feat actually mutes/ removes the audio (the spoken mumbo jumbo) when casting a spell?

I don't believe it does since i played on a level 40 server and my druid had both auto still and silent and still had the spoken mumbo jumbo... I think... been half a year since i logged that toon on

MJ_Johansson

• Dark Lord
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2015, 12:05:12 PM »
Silent/Still dont change the visuals of casting a spell at all as far as I've seen. You'll have to RP it yourself.

emptyanima

• Making & Breaking Characters Since May 2013
  • Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Dark Power
  • She Who Slays Dragons
    • Emptyanima Portrait Pack
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2015, 12:14:14 PM »
Balbina has Silent Spell, and spells cast with it make no sound.

MJ_Johansson

• Dark Lord
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2015, 12:16:33 PM »
Really? I stand corrected then. That's pretty cool though.

A normal snake

• SsSSSSsssss
  • Dark Power
  • Ssss
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2015, 12:17:49 PM »
Silent spell actually removes the verbal component. I just logged in to double check, actually. I don't have the still spell feat, nor a still spell robe, so I can't test out if it  lets you just stand there and not move game-wise while you cast. If anyone has the still spell feat or robe, test it out real quick.

A normal snake

• SsSSSSsssss
  • Dark Power
  • Ssss
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2015, 12:28:52 PM »
Alright, tested out still spell with a robe of stasis, it doesn't remove the movement component. But silent spell with the robe of muted actions does remove the sound from the spell.

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2015, 02:38:42 PM »
I really want a robe of muted action now. They are all sorcerer only though, right? My current character unfortunately only has levels as a wizard.
To be honest, I think this server has too many class restrictions on items altogether. On most items that have them they are really not necessary.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2015, 02:49:12 PM »
I really want a robe of muted action now. They are all sorcerer only though, right? My current character unfortunately only has levels as a wizard.
To be honest, I think this server has too many class restrictions on items altogether. On most items that have them they are really not necessary.

hhaha you want a class restricted item.. Try the Katana i found 1 time Must be lawful... must be a Weapon Master... it's only thing going for it was it had perma Keen on it. put that katana in the hands of a WM and flee in terror!!!

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2015, 02:58:05 PM »
But yeah the fact the robes are sorc restricted is rather, tedious.... maybe us Wizards can get a cool items like.... RObes of the dissapearing act. 15% change on hit to cast level 3 invisability at the cost of [insert skill here]  not saying these robes neet do truely be made but just some random idea that came to mind. or instead of invis make it 25% chance of putting the wearer under stoneskin that only has like umm.. whats the minimum stone skin... 20-50?

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2015, 03:04:13 PM »
I'm fairly certain if you made an armor/robe with on hit cast invis you'd invis the attacker and not yourself, not that there might not be a work around, and I could be wrong about that anyway
Eilithar Cael'aera | Eowaril | Rowan Tallstag | Tobias Loarca | Kiiren Josivir

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2015, 04:35:39 PM »
I'm fairly certain if you made an armor/robe with on hit cast invis you'd invis the attacker and not yourself, not that there might not be a work around, and I could be wrong about that anyway

Without a doubt the most effective way ever to make hostile mobs disappear.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2015, 04:39:04 PM »

Without a doubt the most effective way ever to make hostile mobs disappear.

Well it was an idea... so then you change it and give it daze on hit... or blindness... ( or is that a mass spell?)

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2015, 04:41:38 PM »
But yeah the fact the robes are sorc restricted is rather, tedious.... maybe us Wizards can get a cool items like.... RObes of the dissapearing act. 15% change on hit to cast level 3 invisability at the cost of [insert skill here]  not saying these robes neet do truely be made but just some random idea that came to mind. or instead of invis make it 25% chance of putting the wearer under stoneskin that only has like umm.. whats the minimum stone skin... 20-50?

These are extremely overpowered and not feasible anyway. If you want to make suggestions for new items, as usual, I'd refer you to the Item Request Thread. Load the haks in a module in the toolset then toy with items to see the cost and what is feasible/not feasible. It's the best way to get items you want added.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2015, 04:43:41 PM »

These are extremely overpowered and not feasible anyway. If you want to make suggestions for new items, as usual, I'd refer you to the Item Request Thread. Load the haks in a module in the toolset then toy with items to see the cost and what is feasible/not feasible. It's the best way to get items you want added.

Not saying i want it added I was just giving idea...  Most the items i think of sound AWESOME...buuuut can never be made lol

A normal snake

• SsSSSSsssss
  • Dark Power
  • Ssss
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2015, 06:18:22 PM »
Any answer to the original question? Is it something that can be changed? Or are they sorc only for a reason?