You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Weapon Accessory Menu  (Read 1830 times)

dark_majico

Weapon Accessory Menu
« on: March 16, 2015, 05:39:59 AM »
The weapon accessory is great but can I make a suggestion that the menu be tweaked. Currently you cycle through each accesory backward or forwards. It would be better if a conversation opened that followed th same format as the conversation that you choose your character starting region at character creation. So it would look something like this...

Weapon Accessory:

0 - None
1 - Sword
2 - Sword Hilt
3 - Back pack
4 - Back pack and bedroll
5 - Crossbow bolts
6 - Next menu
7 - Previous menu

0 appears at the top of every menu for ease of removing it, and I figured it would be better to have a next and previous option to keep the list from being one giant list because there are a lot to choose from. This woulkd make it a lot easier to swap in and out, and it wouldn't mean you had to OOC cycle through every option to choose the right one for your character.

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
Re: Weapon Accessory Menu
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 12:19:27 PM »
I would love that, it would make it so much faster to add/remove my quiver... assuming it's an easy thing to modify.

emptyanima

• Making & Breaking Characters Since May 2013
  • Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Dark Power
  • She Who Slays Dragons
    • Emptyanima Portrait Pack
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 12:28:37 PM »
I played briefly on a server where you can pick from a list like that, so I know it is possible :)

Claymora

• Outlander
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 01:39:31 PM »
I knew another server where the items were added/removed using an item. Which was fairly immersive.

Scabbards, strap (for greatsword) quivers and backpack items with an unlimited/day ability that toggled them on/off. That way people could chose to carry the item they desired to use on/off and not have to use a menu or pause to do it. They just had to use an ability and bam.

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 03:37:43 PM »
Not to mention that if there is a enemy nearby you cant access the menu at all.

whatdoesitmater

• New to the Mists
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 11:50:07 AM »
Project Q added a line to the on equip event, and on un-equip event, that made the quiver show up when you equip it, and removes it when you un-equip it.

dark_majico

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 05:19:47 PM »
I knew another server where the items were added/removed using an item. Which was fairly immersive.

Scabbards, strap (for greatsword) quivers and backpack items with an unlimited/day ability that toggled them on/off. That way people could chose to carry the item they desired to use on/off and not have to use a menu or pause to do it. They just had to use an ability and bam.

They use a conversation in the rest menu because it uses less resources than using individual items with on activation scripts attached. Instead of having to create X amount of items for each accessory appearance available you just need one conversation. The downside is your cant enter a conversation in combat or if hostiles are close by, but the pros outweigh the cons.