• New to the Mists
Re: Help?
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2015, 08:58:46 PM »
Tried that today. No luck.

Merry Munchkin

• Dark Lord
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2015, 10:26:15 PM »
Sorry man, you have reached the end of my 'puter knowledge -- hopefully a tech geek somewhere can solve this puzzle for you, because short of reinstalling NWN from scratch, I have no idea what a solution might be.

Burleigh Burrowell - RIP

GossamerHope

• New to the Mists
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2015, 08:04:19 AM »
  Woman* and I have tried re installing from scratch lol

I am tempted to find someone to let try to remotely figure this out..I really dont have any personal information on the computer. Its just a matter of finding someone who has half a clue :)

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2015, 08:12:25 AM »
Well...

It's probably not the best idea-but if I were trying to figure out if it were my firewall or something else, I'd just shut off my firewall entirely, just long enough to try connecting. If it works then it's your firewall and if it doesn't it something else. I know you gave NwN permission on it, but I recall having done that in the past and it for some reason still not allowing it through and had to do some other stuff (this was years and years ago so I'm sorry I don't remember what I did). Since I'm not the biggest computer expert I'm just saying I'd do that anyway to be sure  :lol:
Eilithar Cael'aera | Eowaril | Rowan Tallstag | Tobias Loarca | Kiiren Josivir

Hanzo

• Undead Master
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2015, 09:34:37 AM »
I think I found the problem....Windows 8 :P jk. If you haven't done this yet, run malware spyware scans. After that, whether anything is found or not, turn your PC off and flush the RAM which may be different if you have a laptop or desktop. There is a Windows 8 support topic around here somewhere, but I think its too new for NWN so I just use 7 and my old XP tower I started NWN occasionally. If nothing works after the guy comes you could try dual booting 7 or xp, and yes there are custom developed updates and service packs for XP.

"The sword is the soul. Study the soul to know the sword. An evil soul, an evil sword."

Hanzo

• Undead Master
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2015, 09:40:37 AM »
Also check your network drivers and ports in Device Manager, make sure nothing is blocked or disabled,I believe the port is mentioned in an above reply. If no problem is seen after that, then check your antivirus and firewall to see if anything is blocked or disabled, or if NWN somehow was blocked in your security center. You might also need to clean up and defrag, and the last solution, if nothing else works, maybe there are errors in the registry.

"The sword is the soul. Study the soul to know the sword. An evil soul, an evil sword."

GossamerHope

• New to the Mists
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2015, 12:49:27 PM »
 Thank you Hanzo I have tried pretty much all of that..
 Also, when I run my network "troubleshooter" with the server address it says "It is online but not responding to connection attempts".

Which sounds to me like its not a problem on my end?

Hanzo

• Undead Master
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2015, 01:17:01 PM »
Well one thing to do would be asking your isp if they blocked the port or ask a DM/admin if your IP was blocked somehow. If everything else on your computer is fine then there is most likely a blockage somewhere probably on the server side or ISP. The other problem could be with GameSpy too...

Hanzo

• Undead Master
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2015, 01:44:51 PM »
One more question, have you been running the game in compatibility mode?

GossamerHope

• New to the Mists
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2015, 07:06:41 PM »
Yes.
Also I have tried direct connect methods skipping gamespy as well as the usual gamespy DC.

I have already contacted and asked my ISp.

Well dms have I been banned?
If so may I ask why? 

:)

Merry Munchkin

• Dark Lord
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2015, 09:56:35 PM »
Out of curiosity, have you tried direct connecting to any other NWN server?  If you are not able to connect to ANY, then it is at your end, but if you can connect to others, but not PoTM, then it is at their end.

Burleigh Burrowell - RIP

GossamerHope

• New to the Mists
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2015, 10:27:26 PM »
Amia and FRC  at least show up.

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2015, 10:11:00 AM »
Amia and FRC  at least show up.

If reseting your router didn't solve the problem I can't really help you...  I had the same problem though, only PoTM wouldn't show up. Don't know if you've got a laptop but if it'S the case you might want to try it on an other network and see if the problem comes from your network or your computer
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

Hanzo

• Undead Master
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2015, 11:56:41 AM »
I do suggest asking someone to help delete the errors from your registry also. That will help your system "forget" any errors. That my help and you can resume PotM. Are you on a laptop or desktop?

Hanzo

• Undead Master
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2015, 03:18:02 PM »
Also mate, try this and see if it works http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=39873.

GossamerHope

• New to the Mists
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2015, 08:14:28 AM »
 It looks like I have resolved my issues! <3
Thank you all for your concern and help. Very good advice to keep in mind should I have issues again in the future <3

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2015, 09:04:17 AM »
How?

Hanzo

• Undead Master
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2015, 02:19:32 PM »
Yes please tell how! It would in return help us to learn :)