Author Topic: Somewhere Lost, Somewhere Found: Dorisa Heatherdale  (Read 13295 times)

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
Re: Somewhere Lost, Somewhere Found: Dorisa Heatherdale
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2015, 08:55:09 PM »
Restless.

That's what I've been the past few days. I've watched the dawn rise each morning too. It's strange that I'm finding myself taking comfort in a God. A God I have no actual proof of, yet before my death I prayed for mercy, I prayed for atonement. Maybe he is real...

[This seems to be written later]

Maybe I do need to give up my old life, I have nothing left of it. Not really. Augustine is gone, I returned his skull to his grave. Lenore is probably safer if I don't go after her.

Here I am, stuck at a cross road in life.

Which path do I choose, the left or the right?

I think I may know which path to take, the one I've avoided. Why go through extra struggle, when you don't need to? Now I'm starting to doubt that.

The paths that stand before me differ vastly. One is dark, the tree creepy the unease seeping into your very soul, yet this path is straight, making it easy to run through. The second path is full of vines and tall grass. There are snakes and worse hiding in those grasses. Vines, thorns, rats and roots, so many perils, however, it is well lit, if you just look you can see the perils.

Or do I continue my dance between the two paths?
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2015, 10:25:07 PM »
Monica is alive, but Hunter is now in trouble. I had a feeling this would happen. They seem to attract danger and drama like I attract ghosts. I haven't seen or heard from Hex, make me suspect him all the more. Yet, he stuck to his word. Monica is alive.

I remain here, watching the world go by.  Watching the lives of people I knew and know change and flow.  Yet, it's as though I am a stick wedged into place in a stream.

I had expected Zach, or Fade to trespass on the Counts grounds, but not Hunter. I thought he was wiser than that. Smarter than that. Before all this mess I lived my life for me, selfish, perhaps cruel, but I was content. Trying to stray from that way of life is hard, bounties, fools, easy money to be made everywhere.

It's been a few days since I buried my husbands skull. It is high time I moved on. Maybe I'm letting myself get too attached to people. I guess soon I'll see, and soon I'll know.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2015, 05:47:03 PM »

Well. As long as Monica is alive, I can live with my choice. However, it seems that the hounds can not live with my choice. They call me betrayer, traitor, yet they show no hate towards Hex. The man responsible for the entire plan. It.. Hurts. More than I ever thought it could. I do deserve it though. However, I do not deserve to be tortured.

Jean... Threatening to take my eyes, much as if he enjoyed the thought. I would much rather not having to defend myself, because that would mean harming them. I do not want to do that. If they choose to kill me, they will kill me. I don't think I would even fight back. When I first met the hounds, I had no idea they were so... Kill happy. Not even in my youngest years was I ever as willing to murder as they are.

I did see Monica and Hex today, I told them goodbye. I also warned Monica not to destroy her relationship with her daughter like I did. I hope she will heed my words. Her daughter needs her now more than ever, and she seems to spend more time galavanting around and getting high in Hazlan. Where she my daughter, I'd be having one hell of a talk with her. But she's not, and more so, she wants me dead.

I see no reason why I should associate myself with people who will only drag me down the path I'm trying to avoid. I am bitter about this situation. Monica is flirting with Hex as if he did nothing wrong, yet she and hers actively will seek to kill me. Without learning the entire story. All the while, because of their rash behaviour, Hunter is in Castle Ravenloft. Had they used their wits, everything would of been alright.

Augie, in retrospect I should not of sought to join them. I really should not of. Now, I run from my past, and from them. Murderous fools surround me like a curse. I'm sick of running. I am sick of trying to hide. If they want to kill me, then I will ensure that those who care about me will know who killed me.

Monica, I wish you and your hounds would cease your infernal desire for bloodshed. It is only ever going to cause pain for you and yours. I know this from experience. Greed, leads humans to do foolish things that only cause more pain. All I can do now is learn to better defend myself. Perhaps someday the Hounds will realize their flaws and seek to fix them.

Maybe some day they will see the light, and embrace it.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2015, 06:56:29 PM »
Oh thank the Dawn Father! Lenore is alive, and well.

Not to self, look into this M. V. gentleman from Mordentshire. Possible connection with the Vardo.

I can see the weariness and pain seeing the dead has caused her. Maybe Dumitru might know of something to help keep them at bay.

My sweet little Lenore is alive!
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2015, 09:55:44 PM »
Thinking more on that M. V. man.. Those initials almost seem familiar. I really hope that Lenore hasn't gotten involved with the same crew who promised to kill my family. Speaking of her, I almost went to visit her today. Went to Dementlieu with Rose, approached the gates, but, damn it all I was too nervous to see her.

It is interesting how Lenore comes back into my life when I am trying to atone and be a better person than I was. I prayed for her safety the night before she found me. I don't have words to say how thankful I am that she is alive. I honestly thought I would never see her again, I was wrong. She even called me mother! I've been smiling ever since.

Although she is a bit too much like me. Associating with shady folk, working for the Bellgardes traders, the Red Vardo... But when she told me about that individual in Mordentshire... I can't get that out of my head. What if it is them? It was strange that she was approached by him and he knew about the talent. I will have to find Marcello to inquire if he knows anything. If it is who I suspect, then I am immensely relieved that she turned down his offer.

Maybe this sight is an actual curse. I mean my grandmother is a Vistana, and my mother was always on the run. Hm, things to look in to now.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2015, 01:54:15 PM »
I spoke to Marcello about that M. V. gent from Mordentshire, perhaps he can find something about him for me to look into. I'm terrified that Lenore might of gotten involved with that group who swore to kill my family and me. I also spoke to Alin about the stake that Dumitru gave me, I'm wondering what he means by all his ramblings, and what he is wanting me to be prepared for..

Alin had an idea when I told him about my familial gift and or curse, he said that it sounded like a proper real curse. I don't know why I had never thought of it that way before. But it does make sense. My mother always being on the run, how she hated seeing the dead. If it is a curse, then it can broken, and Lenore wont have to suffer with the torment of seeing ghosts. Yet, if that happens I will have to face being utterly alone. Seeing the dead has been part of who I am since I was a child. I enjoy helping the ghosts pass on, they deserve rest after all.

I only wish I could of found a way to teach Lenore to accept it.

I thought not knowing if she was alive or dead was bad, but now, having seen how tortured she is by this, now a new fear has set in. I'm terrified that she will kill herself to put an end to her suffering. As soon as I find Dumitru I think I will go see Lenore again. I'm sure she will be shocked to see me in the company of a priest, but.. Lots of things have changed. I need to tell Lenore about my past, about my criminal past...

More importantly, I have to protect her.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2015, 06:26:56 PM »
[The following is written shakily]
She is being hunted.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2015, 12:55:50 PM »
Dumitru got my message, I'm glad for that. He knows someone within his church who might be able to help us, however at the same time he does not trust the Vistani. Just like Augustine. I've not had any trouble with them though. I have Vistani blood in my veins, like my mother, and my daughter... It does worry me though. What if the Raunie was not being entirely truthful?

One thing at a time Dorisa. One thing at a time.

First, is to prepare myself for potential violence when this M.V. arrives.

I just hope Dumitru will understand what I have to do.

I will not let anything or anyone harm my Lenore.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2015, 05:55:46 PM »
Lenore had been arrested. After violence occured in her room. Dorisa rushed to the Gendarmes with Alin in tow. When they got there, she asked them questions and, due to her previous act of bravery with them, she was taken down to speak with her daughter. She had been arrested due to acting in self defense. Some man had scaled the side of the hotel, broken the lock on the window and attempted to take her.

Naturally the gendarmes showed up, however they only saw Lenore stabbing her attacker, and were quick to claim she was a murderer. Dorisa knew this wasn't true, and so, she and Alin went to investigate her daughters room. While she did not find what she wanted, she did notice the window that the gendarmes had over looked. A message boy was sent to fetch a gendarme to see the proof Dorisa had found of her daughters innocence. When was anything ever that easy? The boy returned to tell them that the prisoner had escaped. Fear over took Dorisa and she ran to the jail house.

"Where is my daughter?!" She demanded, the captain shouting about some traitorous gendarme, fear gripped at Dorisas heart. Anger settling in along side the fear when she was informed that Armand, one of the gendarmes investigating the attack had forged signatures, and with the help of this rich M. V. had abducted Lenore right from underneath their noses. Dorisa was furious, on her mind was one thing: saving her daughter.

Remembering that Lenore had mentioned this man was involved with the Red Varder Traders, her first thought was to seek out Marcello, whom she'd hired to find information about M. V. . He had learned nothing, but thankfully, the other members of the RVT knew of him. A meeting was set up while Dorisa, Alin and now Rose, headed to see if the Vistani knew anything about him or had seen him. The man only confirmed what Dorisa feared. This man was not entirely human, he was what was hunting Lenore.

Marcello, Alin, Dorisa and Rose made their way to the Theater where they were to meet this man. As soon as they entered, they could hear chaotic violin music playing behind the curtain. The music was as lovely as it was chaotic. After forcing Alin to put the hammer and shield aside, Dorisa slipped into the theater.

Threats followed as Dorisas conversation with M. V. turned to heated arguments, further it turned to violence as the man, under threat of loosing his manly parts, confessed to shattering Lenores minds. Dorisa snapped. She tackled the man to the ground holding Bar-Ethel over his eye. There is little more dangerous than a woman scorned, except for an angry mother.

Battle ensued and swiftly, Dorisa and crew cut the men down, shadows bursting out of their remains, only to just as swiftly be cut down. As the shadows fell, so did Lenore. Dorisa tried to catch her, but only managed to ease her fall. She cradelled her daughter in her arms, begging and pleading with her to respond, knowing deep within that she wouldn't. Her mind was destroyed, shattered, not even Rose could heal it.

And so the journey to the sanctuary in the slums began. It was there that Lenore would remain while they tried to heal her mind. Dorisa sat downstaires in the chapel, tears flowing from her eyes as she struggled to grasp what had happened. Her only daughter, all that remained of her family was trapped in her mind. Fears flooded Dorisa as she began to fret over what would happen if that shadow man truly was the only one able to repair her daughters mind.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 06:00:17 PM by ladylena »
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2015, 08:00:58 PM »
I feel like I am a failure as a mother. Lenores psyche is destroyed, because I did not comply with the shadow man M. V. I've been told that even if I had agreed to work for him, she wouldn't of been released. I still can't help but wonder what shadows want with being able to see the dead? What use could it be to them? I also wonder how he was going to relieve Lenore of her sight. So many questions left unanswered. So many regrets and fears.. What if Lenore can not be saved? What if she is like this for ever.. What sort of mother am I for even letting such a thing happen..

I've prayed each dawn for Lenore. We will find a way to cure her, we have to. I can't loose her again, not like this.

I saved a guard earlier... Or helped save him. Someone shot him, the bullet fragmented in his chest. I can only hope that the mans comrades took him to a surgeon. I should of watched you closer when you performed such surgeries Augie.. Too late now for that, though I could always enroll in the university and study medicine.. But I'm not really interested in that. I just wish I could save my daughter. I've looked for information regarding shadows, but have found little. All I know is they draw on negative energy, and something called the negative plane.

Maybe infusing her body with divine energy might heal her.. I have my doubts though. I also fear that she wont be the same person when we finally heal her broken psyche. Even now when I think back to that day, I feel anger and hatred boiling up inside of me. I would like for nothing more than to save Lenore, I don't think I even care about the state of my soul, as long as I save her. I do know that Alin and Dumitru care about that.

I can't help but shake my head at how simple this would be for me to deal with had I not done the right thing.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2015, 08:05:11 PM »
What can I offor a witch so powerful that she and the Vistani have a deal? Let alone one who is apparently immortal. Perhaps a collection of rare magical items, or a few years of my life? There is little I would not offor to save my daughter. I am not even sure if there is anything I would not do.

I'd delve into the very pits of the deepest level of hell if I could save her by doing it. I'd even sell my soul, albeit as a ultimately last resort, but I would. I am considering doing this alone, yet I know better. Even if I ask Alin and Dumitru not to come, they will anyway. Stubborness is a trait they both share. Almost to a fault.

I will continue to pray for Lenore. I will not loose her like you Augie. The pain of that would be too much for me. So I can not fail.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2015, 06:33:24 PM »
I think I have figured out what to offer The Watcher. I hope it will suffice.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2015, 04:27:46 PM »
A rod of wonder, a Blaustein, and five years of my mortal life. This is what I am willing to give for the Watcher. I have spent as much time as possible beside Lenore, but it pains me. It's like watching Augustine die again, nothing but pain, sadness and regret. Trying to walk the path of 'good' is so much harder than my previous path. If I wasn't trying to be a better person, I would of agreed to work for that twisted being. It would of saved Lenore. Much easier than this method.

Maybe it would be better if I did not bring Alin or Dumitru along to see her. Maybe this is something I should do alone. Who knows, maybe what I offor will be enough. I guess I can only hope.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2015, 04:35:41 PM »
I am so fortunate that I ran into Zachary just before we set out to meet the Watcher. Because of him and his knowledge, the Watcher returned the items I brought to offor her.  Soon she will come to heal Lenores mind. I have spent most of my time beside her, waiting.

However, once she wakes, that gives us the chance to find out who was manipulating these shadows, and why they want her sight. I'm so relieved to know that my sweet little Lenore will be alright. I might have to find some safe place for her to stay. Somewhere safe and void of spirits. Wow, that's not going to be easy.

I should speak with Zachary. I need to learn more about this Forsaken one and the Shattered Throne.. I fear that what ever was using the shadows might be related to that. But my little girl, all that remains of my family is safe now.

[Dorisa closed her journal and set it aside. She sat upon the edge of her daughters bed and began to gently stroke her cheek, and sing in a very hoarse, cracking, loving voice.]
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2015, 04:34:51 PM »
Marius d'Verderen, also known as Cherakael is a shadow demon of some sort, now bound to Lenore. He is powerless, nothing more than a mere shadow that can not reform, only visible to Lenore. As awful as it is that she is trailed by a demon, it keeps the dead at bay, which is a small blessing I guess.

I do wonder though, what it wants in Hazlan. Why could it be so curious. Much like why the Watchers 'kin' are interested in that place. Could the Shattered Throne they seek be located there?

I really need to learn more about this.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2015, 06:58:17 PM »
It had been a few days since Lenores mind was restored, and Dorisa was never far from her daughters side. She was so glad to see her daughter smiling and hear her laughter. It brought back many memories of years gone by. Days that Dorisa missed and longed for. She wasn't past her prime yet, she could still concieve a child, yet, at the same time, there was something freeing in the life she led now. She had so many options infront of her. She could don the colours of the rosey dawn, she could retire wih her daughter, or she could continue as she is: a wanderer, with no real destination.

No, she couldn't.

"If there is anything I can do to help with regards to this Forsaken One and Shattered Throne I will."

She could pursue that, it seemed that her destination for now would surely end up being Hazlan. Cherakael, the shadow demon who was now bound to her daughter, seemed to want her to go there, even stating that he would show her the lands in her sleep. Could she persue such a thing, and still don the colours of the Morning Lord?

"You'd look good in rosey dawn." Dumitru had said with a smile. He seemed to want her to as he put it 'show on the outside, what she has become inside', but had she really changed inside? Daily she struggled not to stray, she had been given life after that execution for a reason, deep down she knew the reason, and it terrified her. She felt a calling, and she knew what it was, such drastic change frightened Dorisa.

With all the stress she was under, it was no wonder that she turned to drinking, but only when she needed to calm her nerves, or dull pain. Sometimes to suppress certain thoughts that stirred deep inside her mind. Memories of her dark path, fond memories. The things she had done, the things she had enjoyed doing. Vile things, wretched things that she paid for in death. It was not until after her execution that she was reunited with her daughter, saved Lenores soul and restored her mind, she even managed to make it so the restless dead leave her be. Although at the cost of a useless, powerless demon being bound to her, but you can't always get everything solved at once.

Dorisa reclined on the bed, letting herself drift off to sleep, into her nightmares and dreams, in hopes of a restful sleep. Many thoughts raced through her mind, and this night, not even the alcohol in her system seemed to quiet them. Zachary, and the vampire elf Laine, her daughter and the Cherakael, Augustine, Monica, many faces flashed through her mind, the faces of those whom she was concerned for. Like her half Vistani mother, Dorisa wanted to flee from it all, to run and leave it behind. It would not be the first time she had done such.

Although Dorisa refuses to speak of it, in those dark years of her life, a spark of love drove her. She delved into the criminal world for a man. Raphael, that is the name she knew him by. In her youth Dorisa had been ruthless and wild. Upon one job, she and Raphael worked together. It was not the first, but it would be the last.

They were to smuggle in some opium from a contact in Dementlieu. When they reached the contact they were greeted at gun point. Though both tried desperately to talk down the man, it soon became clear that he was adament about shooting them. It seemed all the man wanted was the money, he had no drugs. The lunatic fired a warning shot near them, reloading as he demanded to know who had the money.

Young, and afraid, this is when Dorisa betrayed Raphael, leading to his death. His expression of fear and rage haunted her dreams. It was clear that in his dieing moments he hated her. Dorisa did not look back as she fled. Hate is a powerful emotion, and as Dorisa knew, it can cause a spirit to remain, sometimes such hatred can even create a wight. Perhaps that is what killed her that night, years later. The cause of her ruby red hair, to suddenly grey over night. To this day Dorisa pondered at what happened that night, but it always remained a blurr. Maybe it was better that way.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2015, 03:45:24 PM »
If I'm doing the right thing why does it feel so.. Awkward.. Why do I feel awkward?

Dorisa pondered as she sat across from Dumitru discussing her baptism. In all her life she had never thought she would ever find herself a woman of faith. Yet here she was, taking the first steps into being a light carrier. Although she did not want to admit it, she felt as though she were gripped by something. Had Lenore been present, she certainly would of seen those dark tendrils tightly coiling around her mothers form.

Perhaps that is what caused her awkwardness. What would occure when Dorisa took these steps further from her dark past?

Change is a frightening thing, to most it is more terrifying than the devils of hell. More terrifying than death. Deep inside Dorisa fought the urge to flee and return to where she was most comfortable. She longed for the familiarity of the seedier side of life.

After hours of thought, Dorisa shut her tome, stood up from the table and stepped into the chaple. She took a seat in the back, bowing her head in a silent prayer.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2015, 07:12:46 PM »
Never have I seen a golem so lifelike. Victoria, is what it called itself. She was made of different bodies, the crackle of electricity sounding off from her. There was no heart beat, just the buzz of energy and the clicking of cogs and grinding of gears. It had to have been the most macabre and disturbing thing I've ever seen. I tried to lay her to rest when she began attacking, but almost died myself.

I can't get that creature out of my head. How did it function? How come it was so human? She could speak, had a name, emotions, thoughts! What if that thing that looked at the world through innocent eyes wanted to be good, I mean, it never chose this existence. The man Thorstein or something created her, it.. Whatever she was.

The creature is emblazoned in my mind. It wont go away. Was it inherently bad? What if she had a soul.. So many questions that likely make me sound like a necromancer. If I only knew how it worked, maybe then my mind would be at ease. I watched her snap the neck of that garda woman like a twig. It was terrifying, admittingly I was too afraid to act at first. Sure I've slain bone golems and lesser flesh golems, but that one.. Was too human.

Sister Elho and I sought Lizucas aid to hopefully save the slain garda, but they were gone. I can only hope that they are in peace. I did not see their spirits around, so maybe they are. I feel that had I acted sooner, those two would not of perished.. Yet I wanted to believe there was good in that creature.

The moment I chose to atone, everything got so much harder.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2015, 02:50:03 PM »
As I suspected he did not tell me not to study the creature, infact, he even gave me the name of someone who could help me obtain information. The same bastard who shot me. I've agreed to the terms, but I think I'll have to use a different resource to find the information I want, rather than using that smarmy ball of slime that calls itself a man. I think if I saw him and had the opportunity to strike him down, I would. Without hesitation.

Knowing this, I'll either get someone else to deal with him, or I will find another way. No sense allowing myself to fall back down that path again, as much as I'd love it. It was so much easier when I wasn't concerned with the state of my soul. I just lived however I wanted. I loved it, and I miss that freedom.

Hmm, about the Flesh Golem, the one that acted human... I know it was not made by magic like the rest seem to be. Perhaps there is something with the method she was made that gave her such human qualities and child like innocence in the eyes...

One way or another I'm going to learn how that thing was made.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2015, 02:33:46 PM »
Created by Doctor Thorstein, a member of the university of Dementlieu, source is unsure of his position at the University, Veronika wanted revenge against her creator. Apparently she was not fond of how he made her.

Her composition is that of various different corpses and metal, functional due to an electrical current. I suspected that much when I saw her. I could hear the gears turning and the buzz of the current. It seems that the creature believed that she was human before the doctor conducted the experiment on her. It would appear that she had maintained memories of her existance prior to being turned into such.

In life, Veronika was the Doctors wife, and was either turned into such a thing while 'alive', or created as such after death. It appears as though the creature was not concious when she was being cut and stitched. Her memory having massive gaps. Source claims that it seemed as though in her mind she had a long history with her maker, remembering a time when she was human.

The fact that she was succesfully made, leads one to suspect that the Doctor has been practicing such awful things for some time now. In summary, something happened to Veronika, possibly ending her life, and eventually she was 'revived' by science. But how?

Is it possible that some how, through the use of electricity, that her soul was reunited with the body? Maybe I should try to find her creator. But not alone. No, if I met him alone I think I'd kill him after I made him talk. Just the fact that he did such an act is enough to make me feel ill. Curious, disturbed and ill. Despite the fact that I am sickened by it, I am also fascinated by it.

How the hell was that creature made and how did it maintain its human identity, I think that is what disturbs me the most. I should find Dumitru. I am certain I will have nightmares of being made into such awful thing.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2015, 11:41:20 PM »
An old man who will never die said I had a good soul. Hmph, I guess I actually have Ethel to thank for sending me down this path. I felt a warmth within when he said that.

What sort of creature is both dead and alive..? Without being 'undead'.. I will have to ask around, see what I can learn quickly. I want to believe that the old man has good intentions, I guess we'll see. I think this crystal will help the ever aging, never dieing man find peace in death. Then again, it could restore his youth, or make him powerful.. Unlike my grand mother I don't have the vistani sight. I can only see ghosts.

Whatever this creature.. This man... Is, he has to face judgement for his heinous act. So help me Morning Lord, that I don't walk down my past roads this time. As much as I want to make that thing suffer horribly, it would be wrong.. Or would it? It's not like my idea is to kill him.. Just somehow imbue him with the agony he put his victims through. Make him feel it.

By the same note I would very much like to hang the man from his testicles with his entrails and leave him on display for the birds to peck at.

Knife ears! I got called knife ears. I have never been called that before, and I came so close, sooooo close to punching Hoth... In the face... With a dagger. If he wasn't a stupid caliban I would of. But the idiot probably just didn't know any better. It was insulting to be called such a derogatory term and at the same time be reminded that I share blood with those arrogant, loathsome self-righteous fey.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2015, 04:09:08 PM »
I have asked around about creatures that exist between life and death, and the only one that has come up from multiple sources is a "Palemaster". All I know of that thing is it was once a mortal humanoid who grafted parts belonging to the undead to themselves. I'm not sure if this is done surgically or if it is done via magic, but either way, it's disturbing. Their touch can kill, and supposedly it is a step on the path to lichdom. I have not been able to obtain much information about them, or their weaknesses. Are they closer to the living, or to the dead? I have not heard of any method for killing these abominations.. I've even been told that this man is un-killable. Which I'll believe when I witness it. Everything can be killed, some are just harder to do than others.

Then there is this crystal. It glows green, like the one in the were fox cave. Why does the old man want it? Is this crystal some form of focus to keep this monster alive? I mean even if he is not a palemaster or undead abomination he still murdered his own daughter. That act is unforgivable. To take the innocence of a child and take the childs life away... What a sick and twisted piece of rotting shit. I will find a way to put an end to him or it.

Argali faced one such creature once, and she has offered to help, much like Zachary. Although I'm not sure I want Zachary to aid us.. I might have to do things that he would not approve of, things that I would rather not have to do. Things that I used to do. This matter has left me with more and more questions, and very few answers.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2015, 04:38:56 PM »
First she dies, and I found out the woman made more bad choices than I had thought. Then I run into Monica. I was certain she was going to kill me, but it seems she took the time to calm down and she accepted my apology. I don't think she will forgive me yet, but it's a start in the right direction. Apparently Hunter is still a guest in the castle. While Monica wants to believe that he is still alive... I do too, but, truth be told, he's being the 'guest' of a vampire. After all this time I can only imagine that he is either dead, or worse. That is what I am preparing for. I don't even know that I want to go help her save him. If she dies there, who will look after her daughter? Poor Carmen, Monica will have a very hard road ahead of her. Poor girl was tortured...

When I took the womans corpse to the temple.. I sort of expected that I'd have to bury her myself, I'm glad that she will get a proper burial with proper prayers. Maybe that will prevent her corpse from coming back full of hatred. Or being controlled as a puppet. I need to find Rin, perhaps he knows if she has any others who would want to see her burial. I mean I can think of many who disliked the woman who would be overjoyed to see her burried six feet in the ground. Normally I wouldn't care much, but we were speaking of atonement before she fell.

I am glad that she is dead now. Sure she might never walk this world again, as anything with a soul anyway... I wonder if she will find peace.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2015, 09:16:29 AM »
So, R has somehow become young. Part of me likes the new him, he looks like Augie. But this was done by Vocar, some how. I've had my curiosity peeked so I'm going to try to find out more. Just what is Vocar? It turns out that I was right to be wary of him. Having spoken to him, I've learned that what hunts us may not be a palemaster, it might be something entirely different. Although, he has information on how to contain the creature. If it's a soul.

At first I did consider the thing possibly being a very powerful ghost capable of maintaining coporeal form. On another note, I found a hidden room at the mage tower. The telescope was pointed at the Terg crypts I believe.. And there was a copy of Van Richtens guide to Vampires. Sort of makes me question the true nature behind that tower. Oh well, not really a major concern for me, I've got that living ghost, learning about flesh golems- still haven't found Breeze - learning to become a lightcarrier.

Or am I more well adjusted for the darker side of things? I'm not afraid to do what needs to be done. Even if it puts myself at risk.. In the past I didn't care if it put others at risk either. It is really easy to slip back into my old habits and rituals. Even still, I want to be a lightcarrier. I want to be one. I think I'd be good at it.

I mean sure, I might have strange suggestions to deal with things, but they are in the best of intent. Like that ghoul.. I suggested luring it with some fresh meat or maybe a corpse that has not been burried yet. I wouldn't be wanting to let it touch the corpse, no just use it to draw it out. I'd even carve off a hunk of my own skin to use as bait.

But then again, I never was like the rest of them.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2015, 10:37:43 AM »
Oh Monica, what did you and the Hounds do this time? Banished on pain of death.. I wonder if that has to do with their rescue of Hunter? I suppose I could ask her. It's possible she may not even be aware.

I've finally managed to make some alchemical steel arrows! With luck I'll be able to aquire more essences to further my craft. But damn, fitting the arrow heads wit the vials is tricky. Maybe I'll try my hand at making weaponry. I've made copper weapons before, surely steel ones can't be much harder.

I saw the request for Father Miklos, Serghei and the other to present themselves to the garda, I wonder what that's about. I've actually not seen them in quite some time. I do hope it's nothing serious. I half think it's to do with Vocar.

Come to think of it, I know a lot of things I probably shouldn't know. Secrets and knowledge can be dangerous in these lands. Especially some of the things I know. I should speak to Reinhart about getting my armour enchanted, maybe my axe as well.

I wonder what happened to that "Living Ghost"
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan