Author Topic: Graphic / Cosmetic current modifications? (Moderators, please move if necessary)  (Read 2549 times)

MarleVVLL

• New to the Mists
Hi friends!

I played NWN2 for a good bit and participated on several persistent worlds. I never gave NWN1 a look however until I did a bit of research and found that many players preferred NWN1's online catalog than NWN2. I purchased the game (diamond edition) last night from GoG, received my custom key, and joined the server.

I heavily graphically modded NWN2 but I'm noticing a few things about NWN1:

1) Many of the sources seem to be discontinued?

2) It is more complicated than NWN2.

With these first impressions in mind, here is my question:

What are current/maintained graphic mods for NWN1 that do not conflict with files needed for this PW?

Some that I have been interested in but found no source are:

A camera rework, graphics overhaul (does Project Q work here?), shader improvements, more animation options, and better icons (for spells/feats, etc).

Any thoughts here?

I'm excited to join this world with all of you.

Thank you!

Theorem Of Neutrality

• Undead Master
  • It Do
A few notes:

Project Q is an override and it'll work everywhere - but only on your machine. The area building in PoTM is some of the best in the whole community, however, and Project Q isn't really necessary. I'd stick to a few basic mods to spruce up a few elements of the scenery. There's a great thread about overrides here.

For any other needs you may have (The Amethyst Dragon's colored icons and slimmed down UI, for example) can be found rehosted at the new Vault.  

Animations are no-go, as they have to be loaded module side.
Zivon de'Scusa - The Core's best Doctor Doom cosplayer since 752.

ILLY6666

• Undead Master
For any other needs you may have (The Amethyst Dragon's colored icons and slimmed down UI, for example) can be found rehosted at the new Vault.  

I strongly recommend this!

Having colored spells, slimmed and half-transparent GUI and it overall being smaller is amazing.

I also use the NWN SoU+HotU 1.69 camera mod v2.
Which is really nice if you have a widescreen.
Increases your FOV greatly and unlocks angles + zoom in and zoom out.
"What is a day, without  a blessed night?
And what is peace, without a blessed fight?"

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
A few notes:

Project Q is an override and it'll work everywhere - but only on your machine. The area building in PoTM is some of the best in the whole community, however, and Project Q isn't really necessary. I'd stick to a few basic mods to spruce up a few elements of the scenery.

No, Project Q is not an override and will not work as one. Project Q is a hak compilation just like the CEP (but of overall higher quality) and works the same way the CEP does, meaning it needs to be on both the server and the client.

Maybe you're confusing it with NWNCQ, which is an override. NWNCQ is overrated, in my opinion, and really ruins areas with oversaturated colors and stupid flashy things like lensflare.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Geiger

It's the JJ Abrams of mods.

Theorem Of Neutrality

• Undead Master
  • It Do
A few notes:

Project Q is an override and it'll work everywhere - but only on your machine. The area building in PoTM is some of the best in the whole community, however, and Project Q isn't really necessary. I'd stick to a few basic mods to spruce up a few elements of the scenery.

No, Project Q is not an override and will not work as one. Project Q is a hak compilation just like the CEP (but of overall higher quality) and works the same way the CEP does, meaning it needs to be on both the server and the client.

Maybe you're confusing it with NWNCQ, which is an override. NWNCQ is overrated, in my opinion, and really ruins areas with oversaturated colors and stupid flashy things like lensflare.

Of course, you're right, Blue. Thank you for catching that.
Zivon de'Scusa - The Core's best Doctor Doom cosplayer since 752.

MarleVVLL

• New to the Mists

I strongly recommend this!

Having colored spells, slimmed and half-transparent GUI and it overall being smaller is amazing.

I also use the NWN SoU+HotU 1.69 camera mod v2.
Which is really nice if you have a widescreen.
Increases your FOV greatly and unlocks angles + zoom in and zoom out.
[/quote

Thank you everyone for the conversation!

Where is the website to download/install this?

Thank you!

IDreamofDaleks