Author Topic: Weight of Ghoul Flesh  (Read 2404 times)

LeviShultz

• Undead Master
Weight of Ghoul Flesh
« on: January 12, 2015, 08:18:47 PM »
It takes 3 pieces of Ghoul Flesh to craft one varnish. At 5.5 lbs a piece that 16.5 lbs for one craft attempt. I feel this is a bit much. You'll like only be able to get 3 or 4 attempts and you'll be encumbered doing it. Any chance we could lower the weight a bit? Maybe like 2.5 lbs?

"A no wisdom ranger is literally unwise."

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: Weight of Ghoul Flesh
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 05:03:50 PM »
And that is where magical bags, which are rather easy to obtain, are useful. Also, a lot of items can be crafted which reduces the actual weight of the equipment you wear. If you are member of a faction you might also have access to some storing cabinets allowing you to store the more heavy equipment you're not likely to use while you gather ressources. It makes senses to me as well that ghouls would be as heavy as any living humanoid, so at 5.5 pounds per skin it does not seem that problematic to me. All in all, the solutions are around to help you manage equipment weight and I am highly doubtful ghoul skin's weight will change anytime soon.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

respawnaholic

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 01:30:46 PM »
And that is where magical bags, which are rather easy to obtain, are useful. Also, a lot of items can be crafted which reduces the actual weight of the equipment you wear. If you are member of a faction you might also have access to some storing cabinets allowing you to store the more heavy equipment you're not likely to use while you gather ressources. It makes senses to me as well that ghouls would be as heavy as any living humanoid, so at 5.5 pounds per skin it does not seem that problematic to me. All in all, the solutions are around to help you manage equipment weight and I am highly doubtful ghoul skin's weight will change anytime soon.

I think what the poster is getting at is its not worth it to actually carry them at all since you need three of them to make one lesser varnish. Each weighs 5.5 pounds and they each take up four slots in inventory. That's 16.5 pounds to make ONE lesser negative varnish.There are LOTS of things that will yield one lesser negative varnish for a fraction of the weight and only take up one inventory slot. You can go into the sullen woods on low spawn and walk out with plenty of the equivalent for less inventory hassle, and allot less weight. If their going to weigh that much I would recommend at least upping them to a moderate varnish since at low levels it would allow characters to experiment with better varnishes without having to go confront vampires, bodaks, or greater shadow fiends.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 02:11:05 PM »
Can also run to the monastary south of valiki and kill all those ghosts for their ectoplasam which weigh what... 0 lbs or .1?

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

respawnaholic

• Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 08:20:43 PM »
Can also run to the monastary south of valiki and kill all those ghosts for their ectoplasam which weigh what... 0 lbs or .1?

Exactly my point. There are plenty of places to gather things for lesser negative varnishes than hauling around several hundred pounds of ghoul flesh. My newby NCW character is already 14th level in alchemy and most of his stock is negative varnishes gathered from sullen woods. I don't think he even knows how to make them from ghoul flesh because there's no point in gathering them. I think a good compromise would either make them one for one lesser or three for one moderate varnish. The way it is now there is genuinely no point in messing with them. Also while negative varnishes aren't the easiest to make the components tend to be the easiest to gather at low levels which just compounds the problem.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 08:30:21 PM by respawnaholic »