You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Zwerkules' Tilesets  (Read 9462 times)

IDreamofDaleks

Zwerkules' Tilesets
« on: January 09, 2015, 03:45:10 PM »
So hey.

I know there was an old post on Lord of Worms' tilesets, and how the exteriors can provide a aesthetically confusing appearance when mixed with the Core neverwinter nights stuff that we use. I still think an argument can be made for their interiors set, as it would be more isolated but also.

Has anyone ever looked at some of the Zwerkules tilesets? They're absolutely beautiful, and I feel like interiors and exteriors both would flourish under them. Some of the tilesets contain multiple area types. For example, Medieval city has outskirtsish options for rural looking areas, and mountains and more is a lot of different types put together. They're easy to work with in my experience though. You can see more pictures at the links.

http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/tileset/keep-interior-tileset

http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/tileset/mountainous-forest

http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/tileset/medieval-city-tileset

http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/tileset/mountains-and-more  (Seriously this right here would solve every Ghakis freezing error ever and look amazing)

Ravencast Forest: http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/tileset/ravencast-forest

Azure Tower: http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/tileset/azure-tower

Just for completionists sake, here are the Worms interiors: http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/lord-worms-tilesets-and-arbor-falls-pw-server-haks

Other Notes: Zwerk's tilesets merge way more seamlessly with areas using Neverwinter nights stock or CEP tilesets for one. And for two, they don't have the insane pathing issues that Worms exterior tilesets can have, making them really the best choice in high quality tilesets in my experience
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 04:16:52 PM by Dalek Dreams »

Super Sugar

• Undead Master
Re: Zwerkules' Tilesets
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 03:47:16 PM »
Wooooow!  Nice!

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 03:47:46 PM »
those are stunning!

Can these be in the next hak update?
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

IDreamofDaleks

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 04:00:12 PM »
So there's also apparently http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/neverwinter-nights-facelift-haks
Which overrides the basic NWN tilesets. It works on the player level too, so I'm going to throw it in tonight and see what it makes Ravenloft look like!

Dumas

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 04:00:56 PM »
Pretty much the best custom tilesets for NWN, in my opinion... I think there is another very realistic forest one too?

IDreamofDaleks

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 04:15:29 PM »
Yes, and get this it's even called The RAVENCAST FOREST:

http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/tileset/ravencast-forest

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 04:25:25 PM »
only problem is getting areas to be updated, ie vallaki or the mountains. It might take a while but these tilesets are awesome

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 04:47:54 PM »
as amazing as these are, i don't foresee area's being remade with them. I do however, foresee new areas made with them. Darkon????
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 04:58:48 PM »
as amazing as these are, i don't foresee area's being remade with them. I do however, foresee new areas made with them. Darkon????

why not invidia? or Borca?

neither domain has to worry about telling people "you are metagaming, your character should know think he is a darkonian not an x person" after the player has spent time in darkon. or we can remove the whole memory thing, which I never cared for.

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 05:00:41 PM »
:D I'd love to see new areas. Another place to hang out besides the outskirts and the mist camp.
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2015, 05:01:55 PM »
:D I'd love to see new areas. Another place to hang out besides the outskirts and the mist camp.

they could also improve hazlan which could have cool areas for rp there, especially evil rp, but alas its barren.

IDreamofDaleks

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2015, 05:11:14 PM »

That's why I like these so much; they can be put in without replacing the old. They'll look better, but unlike Worms it won't be a jarring difference.
And honestly? I would personally volunteer to remake every interior area with these. :) One of my old servers used these and Sens' interiors, they were my absolute favorite things to build little shops and taverns with.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2015, 05:13:22 PM »

That's why I like these so much; they can be put in without replacing the old. They'll look better, but unlike Worms it won't be a jarring difference.
And honestly? I would personally volunteer to remake every interior area with these. :) One of my old servers used these and Sens' interiors, they were my absolute favorite things to build little shops and taverns with.

What about exteriors? the medieval city could be awesome to update for vallaki IMO >.>

Theorem Of Neutrality

• Undead Master
  • It Do
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2015, 05:30:37 PM »

What about exteriors? the medieval city could be awesome to update for vallaki IMO >.>

It's been said multiple times that Vallaki will never be updated/remade etc. etc.
Zivon de'Scusa - The Core's best Doctor Doom cosplayer since 752.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2015, 05:41:45 PM »
Yeah, we rarely rebuild areas. There are a few exceptions (Lady's Rest, Vallaki Guard HQ, Broken Bell, Verzi HQ, RVT HQ, etc.) but these are generally interior areas and fairly small.

IDreamofDaleks

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2015, 05:43:10 PM »
Yeah, I'm not really requesting a rebuild on any area, I'm just saying these interiors and exteriors are great (Especially for any new dungeons or interior areas in new domains *CoughDarkonCough*) and they merge and blend pretty well with what we currently have.

PS: Building Small "Haunted House" Dungeons with that Haunted Interior would be the coolest thing ever.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 05:49:23 PM by Dalek Dreams »

Dhark

• Dark Power
  • Ladul !
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2015, 08:09:57 PM »

Into the woods,
It's time to go,
I hate to leave,
I have to, though.
Into the woods-
It's time, and so
I must begin my journey.

Arrg! damn that film !

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2015, 08:28:35 PM »
Reminds me of the scene in LOTR:FotR when the hobbits were hiding from the Dark Riders. :D

"You left the campfire back in the field. The entire grass field is on fire. Smokey the Bear is on the edge of the field, on his knees, sobbing into his hands."

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2015, 06:55:54 AM »
I'd be seriously interested if anyone knows of any tileset overrides (not a .hak file) that work clientside and contain an updated version of the mountain tilesets, to see if it will fix the bug of crashing in the Balinoks mountains. It's the only area I've encountered in-game so far that makes me crash, so if there's a chance a different and possibly better looking tileset fixes this, I am definitely up for at least trying it out so I don't have to change all my video settings to minimal just for that single in-game region. Right now I am using NWNCQ (the version that is most true to the vanilla game), but I don't believe that does anything to affect the Balinoks crash bug.

On a sidenote, if there's ever any additional domain added, I would definitely vote for the swamps of Souragne. I feel that domain would add something new to the server that our current selection of other domains don't quite cover yet. I'd gladly sacrifice Hazlan for it as well! Borca, Mordent or Invidia would all be amazing, especially the latter due to the history and dynamic that they have with Barovia, but I feel like the culture, areadesign and enemies in those domains would largely end up being more of the same.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 06:58:26 AM by Feronius »

Ingwulf

• Undead Master
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2015, 12:39:47 PM »
Can these be imported to your own client to make Ravenloft looks nicer? :D

Ingwulf Son of Bulwig
Daft The good soul
Vindur- natures explorer
Joric - Merc with no wishes

Theorem Of Neutrality

• Undead Master
  • It Do
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2015, 06:20:07 AM »
Can these be imported to your own client to make Ravenloft looks nicer? :D

No, these are hak files. Areas would have to be remade with these tilesets for them to be implemented into the server.
Zivon de'Scusa - The Core's best Doctor Doom cosplayer since 752.