Author Topic: Server Message  (Read 4453 times)

Talek

Server Message
« on: July 23, 2006, 04:40:13 PM »
This will be quick, there are some issues in the past and present that I want to bring up so they don't come to foul play in the future

We've updated our rules on the forums. Read them. We expect you to know the rules because we will not accept ignorance as a failure to abide by the rules.

Attitude vs. Roleplay. We value your roleplay, it's what keeps this server going. Sometimes we don't value your atittudes. Be respectful to other players and DM's. How hard is it for everyone to respect each other?

The topics in the public forum and DM forum are often very pointless. Think about what the hell it is that you're posting. Lets get on with the roleplay. The forums isn't someplace for your attitudes. It's for your opinions, ideas, suggestions, kindness, personality, etc etc... it's a privilege to have these forums.

DM Harassment also falls under respect but it is more of a serious matter. I will not tolerate any disrespect to the DM staff especially foul language.

Another harassment that some don't realize they're doing is when a DM is handling an OOC situation in the DM HQ or something along those lines. We want to solve your problem to get on with the roleplay. Thats why were all here right? We don't want to sit with you for hours on end. Get to the point, talk the issue out in steps to solve it if you need to. I had a DM tell me they spent days and hours in the DM HQ with a player due to whining. I'd rather ban that person because that DM wanted to roleplay, obviously the player didn't.

Character backups. Keep them. If something happens, it's there. Simply when your ingame on your character. Hit ESC, goto the main menu and hit save character. You save us and yourself a lot of grief.

Mommy / Daddy. If you guys don't know what this is about then you obviously haven't read the rules on these forums yet. I am often the "daddy", thats not a good thing.

I also don't need to be sent every request. All DM's know to post the requests on the DM forums that need a team vote. Simply submit your request to any active DM. It will probably even help you get a better reply because I simply cannot be bothered to be 100% precise when I go away for a little bit with friends one day and get 5 inbox msg's when I get back.

Also assume that if we don't reply to your PM, that we have posted it on the forums and have discussed it. If you don't hear back within a week or two. Then just sent a friendly reminder.

Thank you, go roleplay.

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
Re: Server Message
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 03:05:05 PM »
Bumping this because it needs to be re-read again. Frankly I am appalled by a lot of the behavior I saw on these forums yesterday. I am not your babysitter. This is a game I play for fun. Dealing with immaturity and childish attitudes is not something I consider to be fun in the least. If you cannot behave in a civil manner on these forums then I don't want you here.

Some things I will point out that particularly raised my anger:

:arrow: If a moderator tells you to stop doing something, then stop doing it. If the mod was in error, then politely explain yourself, don't backtalk them or make some melodramatic plea about being misunderstood.

:arrow: Insulting people because you disagree with their style of play. Even if the person you're putting down broke a rule, two wrongs don't make a right. Flaming people is not allowed on these forums. PERIOD. If the person in question could use improvement in their roleplay, be constructive about it. Insulting them will not fix anything.

:arrow: Making outrageous demands of the staff. "Tell X not to post here because I don't like him." If you have a personal problem with someone, keep it personal--in PMs. You'll have to learn to be civil and polite with each other on these forums.

As Talek stated above, these forums are a privelege. I will not hesitate to suspend those priveleges if I feel they are being abused.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002