Author Topic: DM Vengeance's Book-Writing Contest!  (Read 3448 times)

Dread

• Dark Power
DM Vengeance's Book-Writing Contest!
« on: January 04, 2015, 11:32:44 PM »
Hey everybody!

We are looking to increase the variety of books available in-game in Ravenloft: Prisoners of the Mist; I certainly am prepared to make contributions. However, I also want to enlist the help of the player-base itself in adding to the books we have in-game. If you fancy yourself as a budding writer, have a cool story to tell with your character, or simply wish to try your hand at something new and exciting, I invite you to participate in this contest!

If you wish to participate in this contest, send to me in a PM a story; alternatively, send a .doc or docx file to jaronf@me.com. This story must meet the following requirements:

* This story has to be told either by a character you play or by an author that is not already a known NPC. Meaning, you cannot write as Rudolph van Richten, Azalin Rex, Francois de Penible, et al.

* It has be a story that takes place within the Land of Mists. The story should ultimately reinforce the gothic themes inherent in the Ravenloft setting and not contradict what is canon lore or what has occurred on the server. The story need not be a work of fiction, so long as a story is told or a tale is offered. It can, however, be a work of fiction formed based off the character's experience or the author's.

* The story must be greater than 500 words, yet less than 2,500 words. I do not mind proofreading what is sent to me and nor do the rest of the DMs or developers who will be looking over what is sent I imagine, but at the very least try your best to use punctuation and capitalize properly. If it's just one large wall of text with run-on sentences and no punctuation, it will probably not be taken as a serious entry.

All entries received that are meet the requirements listed will earn their writers a large chunk of XP courtesy of yours truly. Those that are truly remarkable and what we're looking for will be added into the module, to be found in bookstores, libraries, and random bookshelves near you!

Have fun writing, and let your creativity flow!

~ DM Vengeance
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 11:37:16 PM by DM Vengeance »

Dread

• Dark Power
Re: DM Vengeance's Book-Writing Contest!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 08:29:11 PM »
Note! This will be going on until March 1st.

Dread

• Dark Power
Re: DM Vengeance's Book-Writing Contest!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 11:57:43 PM »
Hey guys, as you can probably guess, the contest is going to go a little longer, at least until Soren's back from writing his thesis. Try and get your last minute entries to me as soon as you can, though.