Author Topic: Dragon's Horde  (Read 5052 times)

de_reguer

• Undead Slayer
Dragon's Horde
« on: December 11, 2014, 02:45:27 PM »
Not so much a bug as a bit of venting, but the Shadow Dragons loot from today was 43 gold, (2) pocket watches, and a topaz ring. If I were a dragon and that was my stash I'd be angry too. No wonder he's always trying to wreck the mountain. While the overall cave spawn was about middling almost all of the chests and corpses in the cave above yielded much better finds.

Syl

• Dark Power
Re: Dragon's Horde
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 02:52:46 PM »
Yeah.. I haven't seen manygood things if anything useful at all save for a few hundred fang and one or two gems varying in price for the dragon's hord.. and i've pulled out desiase immune necklesses. and other very nice things just in the normal caves on the same run.. angel arm griffon mane. Not sure if its suppose to be like that or not.

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

Olywynn

• Likes to say "Nyeh heh heh!"
  • Dark Lord
  • Nyeh heh heh!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 07:54:03 PM »
In my opinion, make the Shadow Dragon a truly dangerous boss with sweet drops.

I mean, it's a dragon after all.

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 09:33:13 PM »
I agree! Zalph (that's his name right?) could be a lot tougher and should certainly have more in the way of loot. His hoard is very sad, you almost feel bad for him-and it would be nice if the one dragon on the mod represented for the rest of the dragons out there  ;)
Tobias Loarca | Braern Delsaryn | Anwar

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 09:37:57 PM »
He was a much scarier beast in the past. The entire coal mine was much scarier, but the goal was to move the higher level areas outside of the Vallaki region, so the area was rescaled for around level 12 (I think). I wouldn't expect to see the place get tougher, since it was intentionally scaled down.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 10:17:02 PM »
He was a much scarier beast in the past. The entire coal mine was much scarier, but the goal was to move the higher level areas outside of the Vallaki region, so the area was rescaled for around level 12 (I think). I wouldn't expect to see the place get tougher, since it was intentionally scaled down.

If we can why not then change Zalph to somewhere higher leveled? then he could be a challenge with good rewards, though i guess that'd mean also a reworking on the history of dverheigms events/future

Lady Dwayna

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 10:39:06 PM »
Just throwing my  :twocents: in here. However do keep in mind, that Zalaph is imprisoned in that cave, so the only treasure he is likely able to get is whatever the shades and powries can scrounge up and they don't exactly leave the caves either. From a story point of view, it makes sense that his horde would be limited since dragons actually go out and take treasures when they aren't collecting from the adventurers they eat. I don't think Zalaph should be moved, because he is a big part of the setting/history between himself/the Alhoon and the Dwarven King.

chuuch1

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 11:43:23 PM »
From what I have experienced, there is better loot in the cave then in Zalphs horde.  He usually has some paintings, a few hundred gold and if you are lucky an emerald or ruby

de_reguer

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 09:19:11 PM »
Just throwing my  :twocents: in here. However do keep in mind, that Zalaph is imprisoned in that cave, so the only treasure he is likely able to get is whatever the shades and powries can scrounge up and they don't exactly leave the caves either. From a story point of view, it makes sense that his horde would be limited since dragons actually go out and take treasures when they aren't collecting from the adventurers they eat. I don't think Zalaph should be moved, because he is a big part of the setting/history between himself/the Alhoon and the Dwarven King.

Fair enough. I think the dilemma is that all of the random chests and bodies in the level above him have better loot drops than he does though. You can literally find better loot in the 1st chest in the 1st level Morning Lord Crypt spawn for spawn.

Lady Dwayna

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 09:38:27 PM »
Well sure, the shades and powries aren't imprisoned like Zalaph, so the fact those loot chests are better can be for numerous reasons. Zalaphs minions are holding out on him, or adventurers haven't made it far enough in to reach Zalaph because they've fallen to the nasty snakes and spiders.

I'm not saying it's intentional on the developers part that the loot is better in the cave than it is in Zalaphs den. I'm just saying from a story point of view, it makes sense. Big Bad Dragon is shaking up the place because he's pretty angry that he can't leave his cave for shinies, let alone a tasty meaty meal of dwarf pie :D

Kendric98

• Dark Power
  • Omnipotent Overlord of the Omniverse!
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 09:40:48 AM »
Treasure is not what that dragon covets currently, blame the dwarfs and squid face for the crappy treasure.

Samson/Tatyanna Costella

Ehver

• Dark Lord
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 10:04:43 AM »
I vote we just lower loot drops everywhere. : D

Low magic ftw~
Ilinca Cristescu - Urban Witch
Player Faction: The Mistraiders

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2014, 11:53:01 PM »

Low magic ftw~

*pickets her post*
 :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:

*inserts his own slightly off topic post*
Can we get a dragon somewhere that would challenge higher lvls and scare people instead of one that mid lvls can almost laugh at? I was disappointed when I came here to find that the one dragon there is I was able to survive against when I  was lvl 7 with a group of people all about lvl 8-11
Tobias Loarca | Braern Delsaryn | Anwar

Super Sugar

• Undead Master
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 12:14:28 AM »

Low magic ftw~

*pickets her post*

Can we get a dragon somewhere that would challenge higher lvls and scare people instead of one that mid lvls can almost laugh at? I was disappointed when I came here to find that the one dragon there is I was able to survive against when I  was lvl 7 with a group of people all about lvl 8-11

I would like this, but perhaps one for evil aligned characters are particularly against, like a silver or gold.  This way, Tormites could have awesome interactions with them as well!

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2014, 12:39:24 AM »

Low magic ftw~

*pickets her post*

I would like this, but perhaps one for evil aligned characters are particularly against, like a silver or gold.  This way, Tormites could have awesome interactions with them as well!

Pfft... ask Monica whenever she will talk again.. there is no such thing as good dragons LOL

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

Merry Munchkin

• Dark Lord
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 02:06:13 AM »

Low magic ftw~

*pickets her post*

Hmmm.... a plea for more dragons... on a server dedicated to predominantly undead creepy things. 

Dracolich?

Burleigh Burrowell - RIP

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 02:09:56 AM »
I think I heard that dragons aren't likely to end up in the mists because they're strong and clever and pose a threat to the machinations of the beings that run the joint.
: )