Author Topic: [Proclamations of the Burgomaster of Vallaki]  (Read 13111 times)

Geiger

[Proclamations of the Burgomaster of Vallaki]
« on: December 19, 2014, 04:36:54 AM »
These are the proclamations, decrees, and other such notices of the Burgomaster of Vallaki, and those they empower to speak on their behalf...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 01:45:49 PM by fenixphire »

Geiger

[Proclamation]
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 08:37:14 PM »
PEOPLE OF VALLAKI AND ALL THOSE WHO DEPEND UPON HER
YOUR APPOINTED RULER DOTH PROCLAIM

That on 12, Ianuarie, 770 BC court shall be held. All Barovian people and those guests of our land who are of
good standing are welcomed to share their words and petition for resolution their problems and those of this city.

That on this day, there will be the inauguration of a great council which will aid in the governance of this city
and bring to its lands and people great prosperity and justice. All who would participate shall gather at the Citadel.

TODAY I CARE FOR YOU AS
TOMORROW YOU WILL CARE FOR ME
BURGOMASTER SVARI IONELUS

« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 12:19:55 AM by DM Treason »

Geiger

[Proclamation]
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 12:37:27 AM »
LET IT BE KNOWN

That on 31, Ianuarie, 770 BC the criminal known as Dimitry Tiescu shall be executed for his
heinous acts against Vallaki's defenders, and therefore, against its people and the Count's peace.

The place of execution will be the courtyard of the Citadel. The method of execution shall be
beheading by ax. Let the good people of Vallaki come and see justice done and let all her
enemies and those who plot against her know their fate.

ON BEHALF OF THE BENEVOLENT
MARSHALL TEODOR BELOVICH

Spoiler: OOC • show
This will be Saturday at 9:00PM EST/UTC -5. [Event Calender Here]

Geiger

[Proclamation]
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 04:41:24 PM »
LET IT BE KNOWN

As of this day of 15, Martie, 770 BC new and reformed law come into effect in the city,
all former agreements of economy no longer apply. Know that your Burgomaster Svari
Ionelus has heard you and works to protect you and your interests in this great city.

CHANCELLOR NADIA IONELUS
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 06:38:34 AM by DM Treason »

Geiger

[Proclamation]
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 06:41:41 AM »
LET IT BE KNOWN

That on 29, Martie, 770 BC the grave trespasser and member of the perfidious
House of Dilisnya, Vigo Miserati of Misercordia shall be put to death as it
is decreed in the immutable laws given to us by the Master of all Barovia.

Let all goodly people of Vallaki come and see a portion of justice be given back to us
for the bloody and evil crimes that family has committed against our people, against
our nation and for the unforgivable crime of taking from us the father of this land
Count Strahd von Zarovich I.

The courtyard of the Citadel will be made ready for the public by the rise of dawn
and the dispatch of this wretched criminal shall be done at the call and ready of the
Marshall Teodor Belovich.

CHANCELLOR NADIA IONELUS

« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 02:51:05 PM by DM Treason »

Geiger

[Proclamation]
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 02:48:53 PM »

It is with a great relief that I announce to you that a long-standing foe of Barovia and a constant menace to
peace and dignity in this, our city - has finally been put to end! I tell you people that nefarious traitor and ill
minded killer VIGO FEJEZ has been slain! For many bloody years this man has cowardly taken the lives of our
burghers and those who have sworn oaths to defend us - all for the notion that he and his band are NOT
Barovian and NOT lawful subjects of the Count. But it was in his hubris that he was shown the opposite - in
our very streets, in our BAROVIAN city, subject to the Count's very law - BAROVIAN LAW - was he put down
by a BAROVIAN man! This man? His name is SIMEUN RADKOV and he is a HERO OF BAROVIA!

He may even already be known to you. Whatever thoughts you have of him, know this, people that it is because of him
that I announce the following to you! Tomorrow, the FOURTH OF APRIL, shall be declared a day of PEACE and a day of
CELEBRATION! The whole of the day shall be dedicated to SIMEUN RADKOV and in honor to his heroic deed that has given
some closure to our city and to Barovia! There shall be parades, sweet tsuika, celebration of life, and at its crux a ceremony
that shall be held in the courtyard of the Citadel to allow you people to gaze upon the hero himself and to give your thanks!

TODAY I CARE FOR YOU AS

« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 08:06:59 PM by DM Treason »

Geiger

[Proclamation]
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 08:37:38 PM »

That on 4, Septembre, 770 BC court shall be held. All Barovian people and those guests of our land who are of
good standing are welcomed to share their words and petition for resolution their problems and those of this city.

That on this day, there will be the inauguration of a great council which will aid in the governance of this city
and bring to its lands and people great prosperity and justice. All who would participate shall gather at the Citadel.

TODAY I CARE FOR YOU AS

« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 09:27:43 PM by DM Treason »

Geiger

[Proclamation]
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 04:59:52 AM »

That on 23, Octombrie, 770 BC court shall be held. All Barovian people and those guests of our land who are of

Further all proven merchant companies settled in the municipality are cordially invited to discuss with the Chief Steward,
Orinal Romulich, matters pertaining to the great Trades and Harvest Fair that shall be held in this city late in the month
of November! Only those who show up to this session shall have the privilege of making offers on any deals made prior
to the festival!

TODAY I CARE FOR YOU AS

« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 09:09:52 PM by DM Treason »

Geiger

[Proclamation]
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2015, 04:07:10 PM »

That on this day 8, Novembrie, 770 BC these strange and vile things shall never be welcome in Vallaki
with consideration of law IV of the Municipality and the will of the people!

THE CULT OF ERLIN - Any proven to be assisting the priesthood of, making offerings to, or holding any
service to this dark demon shall be removed from the municipality, never to return. Any proven warlock or black priest
found and captured in the city shall be executed. No longer will their black magic, vile mutterings, and urging of sedition
in the populace be tolerated! Those who bring forward information about this cult shall be considered for reward,
those who regret their involvement with this black organization shall be considered for amnesty.

THE CULT OF VECNA - Any proven to have participated in this organization shall be executed, their bodies burned,
and their ashes scattered upon Lake Zarovich. Their black magics and necromancy shall see them removed for the good of
all who pass through these lands. Those who bring forward information about this cult shall be considered for reward,
those who regret their involvement with this black organization shall be considered for amnesty.

EZRITE HERESIES - The Church of Ezra respects the laws of the land and contribute to the well being of our city
and our community. Those who participate in heretical cults and organizations, which antagonize the law abiding and
and faithful members of this community in our city, in addition to some cases practicing dark rituals, shall be unwelcome
in Vallaki. Those who continue the practices of the Wurtbeicher Heresy in particular shall be executed, their bodies burned,
and their ashes scattered upon Lake Zarovich. Those who recant their heresies and have the sponsorship of the Sentire of
the Refuge of the Fifth Light, may be considered for a return to this community so long as they are not responsible for illegal
or disturbing acts.

TODAY I CARE FOR YOU AS

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 07:56:48 AM by DM Treason »

Geiger

[Proclamation]
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 10:04:56 AM »

All I must say this day, is Long Live Lyssa, our new ruler! I give you, my people, this day as a day of rest and peace!

Remember too, that in three days I shall hold court!

TODAY I CARE FOR YOU AS

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
Re: [Proclamations of the Burgomaster of Vallaki]
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2016, 12:16:07 PM »

In just one week from today, I will hold court at the eighth hour! //EST

Come and see how I serve you as your Burgomaster!

TODAY I CARE FOR YOU AS

Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

A normal snake

• SsSSSSsssss
  • Dark Power
  • Ssss
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2016, 11:59:17 PM »
//This is tomorrow.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2019, 06:54:11 PM »
Let it be known and understood by all that I

Svari Ionelus, Burgomaster of Vallaki

by choice and appointment of

His Excellency the Count Strahd XI von Zarovich

do hereby proscribe and condemn the organization known as the

Praesidia Iustitiae

All members of this group are named criminal, traitor, and outlaw.

Those who aid them will be hanged.
Those who associate with them will be hanged.
Those who withhold information from the Burgomaster's servants concerning their locations and identity will be hanged.

Let there be no ambiguity or uncertainty--all members of this group will in the Count's name suffer this Court to do justice upon them.

All those who come forward now and give what information they possess will be rewarded in my name and that of the Lord that I serve. Do so now, for my mercy is great, but my justice will be greater still if you do not.

On this, the 26th day of Aprilie, the year of the Barovian Calendar 774

. S . I .

Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2020, 07:25:18 PM »
Spoiler: show

do hereby offer special renumeration and the chance at clemency to those who find the remains of

L. C. Stoian Stanciu
L. C. Corneliu Popovici

These men were tragically slain in the line of duty. If there is even the chance that they might be restored to life, we would hold out that hope; if such hope is foolish, we would still wish to recover their remains so that they might receive proper burial.

To those who are successful in uncovering them, past transgressions against the municipality may be forgiven, a full pardon issued to those who have performed grievances against it in the past, provided they remain in good standing with the municipality and those who keep its peace.

On this, the 5th day of Decembrie , the year of the Barovian Calendar 775

TODAY I CARE FOR YOU AS

. S . I .
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 11:31:23 PM by DM Tenebris »

Drekavac

• Dark Power
  • Wholesome Memer
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2020, 05:44:03 AM »

Hereby call for those to protect our peaceful lands from invading brigands!

Our lands have been menaced by a false army of glory hound mercenaries who care nothing for peace and liberty! These invaders bring only strife in our lands and must not be permitted succor. I ask for loyal, peace-loving subjects to assist in maintaining peace, law, and order in Vallaki in these violent times! Barovian men and women, I call upon you to serve in the Vallaki Garda! Loyal subjects of foreign origin, I request your cooperation and loyalty against the chaos and fear that these invaders bring! Remember the cruelties of the foul Cultists of Erlin that have plagued us during the reign of my father Nicolai Ionelus! Let us come together and protect the innocent from the woes of war and keep our communities safe through vigilance and to lend a helping hand to each other as a community! Together, let us weather this storm as we have survived many others! In the near future I shall hold OPEN Court to hear petitions of the people of Vallaki to hear your words and petitions!

On this, the 21st day of Decembrie , the year of the Barovian Calendar 775

TODAY I CARE FOR YOU AS

. S . I .
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 06:02:43 AM by Drekavac »
Turning PCs into Darklords and MPCs since 2017

Drekavac

• Dark Power
  • Wholesome Memer
Court in Vallaki
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2020, 03:01:11 AM »

In two weeks, I will hold court at the twelfth hour! // Jan 10 11 AM PST

TODAY I CARE FOR YOU AS

//OOC: Delayed for another time
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 02:19:40 PM by Drekavac »

Drekavac

• Dark Power
  • Wholesome Memer
Burgomaster Svari Ionelus Holds Court
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2021, 08:14:47 PM »

In two weeks, I will hold court!// Jan 15 6 PM PST

TODAY I CARE FOR YOU AS

« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 08:28:46 PM by Dread »

Cassius

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2021, 09:49:59 PM »

Hereby proscribe and condemn the witch known as,

VODAL

A criminal, traitor, and outlaw for his responsibility in unleashing vile witchcraft from Mt. Baratak, poisoning Lake Zarovich, compromising the integrity of the lands, and evading his lawful arrest, resulting in severe hardship to the municipality of Vallaki including loss of trade, livelihood, and home.

His fiendish actions were concealed by the CULT OF THE MORNINGLORD, who have stood forth idle and neglectful when presented with the foul crimes of this unrepentant neuri witch. Let it be known that corruption festers within the Morninglord faithful and the people must be vigilant lest they fall into the irredeemable ways of Vodal and his peers.

All residents of Vallaki adhering to the Morninglord faith are hereby ordered to come forward and present themselves uninvolved in this heinous crime. Those compliant will be met with peace and welcome to adhere to their faith under the good law of Vallaki. Those who refuse this opportunity to prove their innocence will be known to have supported the criminal Vodal.

We must assure peace and remain strong in the suffering brought by these cultists together.

TODAY I CARE FOR YOU AS

. S . I .

Lightweaver

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2021, 06:34:02 PM »

Let it be known that all who endanger themselves within the night do so at their own peril. It is hereby declared a curfew is in effect for all those who reside within the borders of the municipality prohibiting trade from the 6th hour of evening with the closure of the gates to be relieved upon their opening at the 6th hour of morning. Licensed trade occurring indoors will not be subject to this restriction.

Those found to have subverted this ruling will be condemned as criminals for operating outside the oversight of Vallaki and to have endangered their fellow man for material gain.

We must preserve together as a people if we are to endure.

On this, the 7th day of Mart, the year of the Barovian Calendar 776,

TODAY I CARE FOR YOU AS

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2021, 06:36:13 PM »

As the steward of this land given to me and my family by the Count, it is my charge to ensure the safety of his subjects. Therefore, it is my charge to deal with those who act in bad faith or work to harm the Municipality of Vallaki, its protectors, or those who live within its walls. What happened to the village of Berez and the hard-working fishermen who lived and worked there shall not be permitted to take place here.

Thus, I do decree that those who are of Gundarakite descent and ancestry are expressly forbidden from owning land or boats within the Municipality. Those who violate this law will be punished according to the severity of the offense.

On this, the 6th day of Iunie, the year of the Barovian Calendar 776,

TODAY I CARE FOR YOU AS

Lightweaver

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2021, 05:16:39 PM »

Our people have long suffered the perils of the night and no longer will it be dismissed that those who lurk during these hours do no harm. This continued defiance of our traditions has endangered the lives and livelihoods of the good people of Vallaki. It has provided opportunity for witches to ply their demonic trade, it has brought the ire of beasts that have preyed upon the innocent, and it has permitted criminals to act with impunity.

Henceforth, the curfew is expanded to include any indolent and clandestine conduct which invokes harm to the respectable inhabitants of the municipality. It is hereby forbidden to participate in gatherings, to loiter, or to camp outdoors within the borders of the municipality from the 6th hour of the evening with the closure of the gates to the 6th hour of morning with their opening.

Those traveling during these hours are expected to move with purpose or immediately seek shelter. The doors of the sanctuaries are ever tolerant of travelers and those with coin will find a warm bed within one of several inns.

On this, the 3rd day of Septembrie, the year of the Barovian Calendar 776,

TODAY I CARE FOR YOU AS

DM Indolence

• Developers
  • Dark Power
[Proclamations of the Burgomaster of Vallaki]
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2022, 04:04:34 AM »

A GRAND HUNT

To celebrate the end of a year of hardship and insurrection against the rightful rule of the land, and in the spirit of competition and companionship. Whomsoever can prove to have successfully hunted the Great Stag which walks the forests of Vallaki and shores of Lake Zarovich will receive a prize of

5000 Wolf Fangs
and an
AUDIENCE with the Burgomaster Vallaki.

On this, the 1st day of Ianuarie, the year of the Barovian Calendar 777,

TODAY I CARE FOR YOU AS

Agony

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Power
  • "You will know agony!" - Ghostly Armor
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2023, 07:54:39 AM »
[The notices are updated, a group added.]

That on the 14th day of January in the Year 778, Court shall be held.

A representative authorized to speak and act on behalf of the following groups are expected to attend. No exceptions shall be made.

The Church of the Morning Lord
The Order of the Sacred Rose
The Red Vardo Traders
The Refuge of the Fifth Light
The Wayfarer Kinship
The White Lily

and

The Gravekeeper, Ophelia Bell

On this, the 8th day of Janurary, the year of the Barovian Calendar 778,

TODAY I CARE FOR YOU AS