Author Topic: Custom Portraits?  (Read 2675 times)

Onasaki

• Outlander
  • Adiik darasuum...
Custom Portraits?
« on: November 15, 2014, 03:35:53 AM »
Hiya, so it's been a while since I've poked my head around here. And now, I know this is probably covered somewhere, but I can't for the life of me remember where exactly. So... here I am.

I have a custom portrait I'd like to use for Rilan, and I'd like to know how I could use it?

-=Rilan Indoran=- -=Enzo=-

IDreamofDaleks

Re: Custom Portraits?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 08:46:29 AM »
If you're saying you have a set of portrait files , all you have to do is extract them into the portraits subfolder in your NWN folder (If one doesn't exist, make one.)

If you have like a picture in jpg format that you want to make into a portrait it's pretty simple there too.

1. Save the Portrait into your portraits subfolder in your NWN folder (see above, if you don't have it make one)
2. Load up the game , preferably not on the character you want to use the portrait for (assuming its a new character and you're not trying to make a  new one)
3. Press the ~ button and then type in ConvertPortrait Picturename (replace picturename with the pic's name)
4. That will create a useable portrait under the name of that picture. (Some people like putting a _ after the pic's name when they save it so the files will create as Character_H, Character_L, rather than CharacterH, CharacterL etc)

---

Now, if you're asking how to change the pic of an already created character, you put up a General Request post on the forums and specify the name of the portrait you wanna change it to (Even if the Devs don't have the pic saved, they edit your server vault information to reflect the name of the portrait and it'll show up for you.)

:)

Gideon

• Undead Master
  • Keepin' it native.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 08:51:23 AM »
If you're saying you have a set of portrait files , all you have to do is extract them into the portraits subfolder in your NWN folder (If one doesn't exist, make one.)

If you have like a picture in jpg format that you want to make into a portrait it's pretty simple there too.

1. Save the Portrait into your portraits subfolder in your NWN folder (see above, if you don't have it make one)
2. Load up the game , preferably not on the character you want to use the portrait for (assuming its a new character and you're not trying to make a  new one)
3. Press the ~ button and then type in ConvertPortrait Picturename (replace picturename with the pic's name)
4. That will create a useable portrait under the name of that picture. (Some people like putting a _ after the pic's name when they save it so the files will create as Character_H, Character_L, rather than CharacterH, CharacterL etc)

---

Now, if you're asking how to change the pic of an already created character, you put up a General Request post on the forums and specify the name of the portrait you wanna change it to (Even if the Devs don't have the pic saved, they edit your server vault information to reflect the name of the portrait and it'll show up for you.)

:)

Actually, it's far easier and more practical to have a DM change the name of the file in-game. Editing characters in the server vault is virtually impossible, which is why remakes and rebuilds are carried out by a DM, not a dev.

IDreamofDaleks

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 09:05:44 AM »
Oh YEAH! There is a DM command for that. Forgot, thought it had something to do with LETO.
In THAT case, if you're trying to change an existing character's portrait and have already made the files, either make a forum post OR poke the DM channel and have the name of the file (Exact name) handy.

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 10:21:49 AM »
Oh YEAH! There is a DM command for that. Forgot, thought it had something to do with LETO.
In THAT case, if you're trying to change an existing character's portrait and have already made the files, either make a forum post OR poke the DM channel and have the name of the file (Exact name) handy.

Log onto a game [be in a module], hit the ~ key and type  ConvertPortrait [Portrait name]

"You left the campfire back in the field. The entire grass field is on fire. Smokey the Bear is on the edge of the field, on his knees, sobbing into his hands."

Onasaki

• Outlander
  • Adiik darasuum...
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 04:42:27 PM »
So, to put it up on an existing character, I have to make a request on the general board? What if it's not a portrait that's in the system? Just put it in the portraits folder, and post the picture on the general board?

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014, 05:58:58 PM »
If i remember correctly, all they need is the portrait's name to do the switch.Then you log out and back in.

"You left the campfire back in the field. The entire grass field is on fire. Smokey the Bear is on the edge of the field, on his knees, sobbing into his hands."

Gideon

• Undead Master
  • Keepin' it native.
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2014, 06:00:53 PM »
If i remember correctly, all they need is the portrait's name to do the switch.Then you log out and back in.

Sometimes it's enough to just go through a transition. It'll start showing up for others immediately.

Onasaki

• Outlander
  • Adiik darasuum...
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 10:06:48 PM »
So, I should post it on the forum, then? After dropping it into the portrait folder?